Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #581
Webkinz :)

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
I posted this once as a joke but now it's way more relevant...
Click the image to open in full size.
Love it! ROFL! So true! They can bring it back for more money - I won't buy it! They can bring it back for the same amount - I still won't buy it! At some point we have to take a stand up & stop being letting them walk all over us! No one said it would be easy or painless, but I am convinced in the end we will be happier! I think I have got to the point where I actually want to thank them for shaking some sense into me! My wish for everyone is that this helps them to see the light & reclaim the lives Ganz has stolen from us!
SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #582

wrstrong is an unknown quantity at this point

Thumbs down Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Speaking as someone who has a family deluxe membership, it's a TERRIBLE idea to get rid of that membership level! For several reasons!

1) It looks like Ganz is only interested in grabbing as much money as they can. (When you consider that the eStore items are NOT giving any physical items and that when you go to the store and buy a regular webkinz, lil' kinz, Signature, Endangered Signature, etc... you do have a physical item, that means the price for ANYTHING that is only digital should be MUCH lower, not only different by a small amount.) The fact that everything that has on eStore status is priced so high verifies this.

2) The family deluxe membership was $45.00 for the year and you would get up to 5 family members on the same membership package. With that membership level being eliminated, families that have more than ONE member are getting ripped off. (For example: My family has 5 members. With the family deluxe membership, it's only $45.00; however, if we get each individual member a deluxe membership, we'd be paying a whopping $225.00! Please explain to me how THAT is making things more economical for their members.) The math that I have just done here verifies this.

3) By NOT keeping the family membership, Ganz will be losing a bunch of families because they're going to refuse to pay the huge amounts for each and every person in their family to have a deluxe membership (I personally am in that group.) I have contacted Ganz about this and they have YET to respond to me about this. (The fact that they have not responded confirms #1 and #2 above.) I told Ganz that if they don't have a family membership, we WON'T be renewing our deluxe membership and they will lose that revenue from my family. (I know that there are quite a lot of other families that feel the same way.) The fact that I am willing to do this confirms the fact that many others will feel the same way.

Now, I'm NOT saying that Ganz shouldn't make a cheaper ability for people to have a deluxe membership (or a version of a deluxe membership); however, they should NOT get rid of the family membership. It's the financial comparison to shooting one's self in the foot for NO reason whatsoever.

I have appealed to Ganz to come up with a family membership that is as economical as the different packages that they just have introduced; however, my appeal has so far fallen on deaf ears.

wrstrong is offline Male
Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #583
YOWZA-I luv being
Gifted

inasmomi is a name known to allinasmomi is a name known to allinasmomi is a name known to all

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Does anyone have the link to Ganz or WK's Twitter? Thanks!!!
inasmomi is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #584
YOWZA-I luv being
Gifted

inasmomi is a name known to allinasmomi is a name known to allinasmomi is a name known to all

I agree, Deenies - it wasn't confusing at all. They must think people are stupid. I am really glad to learn this before I bought Birthstone Pets. I am ashamed to say I planned on getting them all. And some of the other eStore stuff. Thank goodness I checked here first this morning. I am getting ready to go out of town, and this really really makes me mad. I have loved the WK hobby, but, man, they are just way too much. I also don't like the way I read they are dissing WI. Do they not get that we are their best customers? Yikes!!! I am calling and writing.
inasmomi is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #585
Jackieeh is an unknown quantity at this point

Retiring Family Deluxe is confusing, FOR WHO? I would like to know. Here's an idea, why not put a video clip on the FAQ page of the e-store to show how you register for a family deluxe membership. They make webkinz videos so why not one for the confusing family membership. Just a thought.
Jackieeh is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #586

dollymomma is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by awryalot
I am just stunned at Ganz's foolishness in retiring the family deluxe account. They know full well that many of us have multiple accounts. We love the great furniture and accessories that make our webbies' world come alive for us. And we count on those monthly prizes with all the special goodies. But we've all got limits. What they don't seem to know is that we're not just standing here with open checkbooks, begging them to take our money. This is a game with imaginary characters and furniture, etc. We're spending real money on things that don't exist. I would think they'd be so delighted that we spend as much as we do. Upping the ante to play is pushing many of us over the edge. Ganz will learn a hard lesson in economics from this. I, for one, am fed up. If you haven't already done so, please call them and register your complaint today.
THANKS! YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!!!
TO YOU GANZ BOO! HISS! BOO!
P.S. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND, AND REINSTITUTE THIS PROGRAM, WE WILL NOT RENEW.
dollymomma is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #587
Bunniez luv karrits

karrit defies all odds
karrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all odds

I originally started with the Individual Deluxe Annual membership last April. Last December I added a Family Membership for my other accounts & since there was still an open slot I added my Mother's account. This year I debated over "renewing" the individual membership or just letting it lapse. The Mine Car ride convinced me to go ahead & purchase a new individual membership since you really can't "renew" due to their inefficient system. When the Family membership expires I guess I'll have to get used to not being able to do deluxe activities on the other accounts anymore even though I'll miss them. As many have said it is very time consuming to try to do everything each day and I do miss out on a lot of the Deluxe activities because I am at work when they are offered. Will I pay $2 a month for access to the extra daily activities?. No. The package being offered of the extra activities + the monthly e-store points + the monthly gift box are what made the plan worth it to me. It was a bargain especially for the Family plan. That was $9 a year per account and you got most of it back in e-store points. Now they want us to pay $24 per year per account for essentially nothing but a few extra games, spins, free e-store items. I'm willing to do the full deluxe plan for 1 account but there is no way I'm doing it for all 5, 6 if I include Mom's. The only confusing part was they hype the special Annual Membership Gift but do not make it clear that only the individual membership gets this gift. They would have been better off charging people $10-15 per account to add them on to a standard Deluxe Individual membership and including the monthly gift boxes. If you want to make it confusing then they could have offered an option with or without a monthly allotment of e-store points. I really think it is more confusing for them than it is for us. The chart they had on the website explaining the different memberships was pretty clear if you took the time to read it. It is their misleading advertising for the Annual Deluxe Account that doesn't clearly specify that the gift is for an individual membership only that causes the confusion.
karrit is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #588

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by franks8
No Deluxe Family Membership! This stinks! Ganz, you have turned greedy!

The Deluxe Family Membership really helped some people, like me, make it through this rough economical turn down. The Deluxe Family Membership helped. I still got a few Webkinz plushies at Christmas for everyone but the it was the Family Membership that kept us all on Webkinz.

Want to know what my family has endured this past year? Three pay cuts. We've trimmed the family budget to the minimum.

Ganz, if you really had to be greedy, why not at least not be SO greedy. How about reduce the Deluxe Family Membership to 3 family members. That is a compromise I can live with.

But, with 5 family members playing Webkinz, I cannot afford five deluxe family memberships. Our decision this year will have to be NONE!

Please reconsider!
I feel your pain! I was saying the same thing at first too, but I am now to the point I refuse to beg & plead for every little scrap they throw our way. I can live without them (much better in fact) but their company can not live without US! We pay their salaries! Correction "PAID" - past tense. Whether we continue to support a company with this behavior will tell us a lot about ourselves. I can go a year without any pixels coming in, but can they go a year without any dollars coming in? If we don't draw a line in the sand, then we might as well tattoo the word "doormat" on our foreheads.

SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #589
Shecat02 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by sisterbear
I will try and step aside from my anger about the deluxe family membership being gone.

The $2 might be worth it to some for a month or two especially during the summer if you are not in school and have more time to long on.

The benefits are, you can really get a good jump start at the KA with the extra classes
You can make extra cash quickier with the extra job (about 7000/month), you are able to buy the deluxe rares.

The extra activites are only good if you can do them, usually only 1 activity per day is reallly good, like a wheel, coupon, or darts, the rest are free food and quick draws. In the summer this may be easier but once you are in school unless you have someone to login for you, you miss so many.

I see no value in the gold radio color. I see no vlaue in the extra slots to dress your pet.

So basically if you are interested in getting your pets to graduate or unlocking the games/prizes at kinsville academy, or you like the rares, and you are going to be able to login alot these would be reason to get the $2 membership.
I totally agree. The kids don't even go into the academy. So all they use it for is usually the extra rares. What is ganz thinking? They are selling nothing really for a lot of money. The regular gold membership for 5 was expensive enough but now?????? Their estore stuff is virtual so you get nothing really. And if it disappears off the accounts because of their glitches and they have way way too many you are without anything. Their estore pets are way more expensive than the pets in the stores. I will not be buying any more of them either. I thought it was a money grab when they stopped taking exact money so now you really spend more than you need to and have credits sitting there. Shame on you ganz for making this a game only for the rich. I will not be spending my allowance on any more pets than 1 a year why waste my money. I won't be asking for them for christmas and my birthday either. I wish they would stop being greedy greedy greedy.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #590
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by sghannah10

IF WE MAKE ENOUGH NOISE, THEY WILL HAVE TO LISTEN!
I'm not sure they will really listen to the noise. I'm pretty sure they expected there to be some noise about this.
It's the SILENCE that they will hear. When the orders stop rolling in for the Deluxe memberships, they will listen.
Desty is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: