Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #571
Webkinz :)
Shecat02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I think this is horribly greedy by ganz to take away the deluxe for families. My mom won't buy it anymore after it expires because she said she isn't going to pay $250 for us 5 kids to play when she was paying $50 and she thought that was expensive. It took us quite a while to talk her into the $50 package.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #572
lollipopgal8 on Webk

Peachtea1998 is a jewel in the roughPeachtea1998 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Thanks guys. You've convinced me; I'm so NOT getting it. The only thing I'm getting for MY account is a new webkinz-- when it is gonna expire that is. And if my parents get nice and buy me one for a holiday they can but...
Peachtea1998 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #573
Gifted
ladywine is on a distinguished road

I just renewed our family membership and will NOT be going deluxe on any of the accounts next year without that option. That's just too much money for all of us to do it!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #574
Back in School!

JuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Peachtea1998
Can some one tell me if the 2 bucks/month thing is worth it? and back up explanation please because my mom won't let me get it unless I can back up my reasoning. Thanks.
~Peachtea1998
It totally depends on what's important to you in WW and what you do/don't like to do.

I believe the deluxe options it comes with are:
extra deluxe activity tab daily (access to the deluxe wheel and prize machine when offered)
extra job at the employment office per day
extra class per pet per day at the Kinzville Academy
access to an extra rare at the curio shop
access to an extra zone on the phone
one free vacation ticket
extra slots (?) on the dress your pet thing, I think? (I never quite figured that out)
personalization of the phone and dock (colors, etc)
I think extra graphics and icons in the trading room (?)(not something I use)
keeps your account active if it was going to expire due to pet not being adopted

It does not come with the monthly gift box or estore points that come with the 3, 6 or 12 month plans, or or course, the special item that comes with the 12 months plan.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #575
Shecat02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added

View Post Originally Posted by jennbugs73
Oh dear, that was before I found out that Ganz had cancelled the Family Deluxe. Oh, you have missed my rant and rave I am afraid.
I'm glad there are others that agree. Its horrible of Ganz to do this. So much a money grab they are make this way too expensive for the average person to play. I hope all of you phone into Ganz and complain because who knows if they read these comments.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #576
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
I posted this once as a joke but now it's way more relevant...
Click the image to open in full size.
Haaaah! this is too true.

I won't stop spending money on Webkinz; I'll just spend LESS. I was planning to spend my allowance on a few of the new May Webkinz, but now I think I'll head over to Hot Topic or something and spend it on makeup or whatever.

I will be getting new Webkinz; however, it'll be less than my average of 1 or 2 per month. Maybe 1 or 2 every few months or so; only when I find one I really like. Ganz has a lot of money already; I don't see why they want even more. And I don't have that much money (of course; I don't have a job yet ), so it's kinda pointless to spend tons of money on them.

(I'm still getting the Golden Pegasus, though. )
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 04-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #577
sisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wonder

Can some one tell me if the 2 bucks/month thing is worth it? and back up explanation please because my mom won't let me get it unless I can back up my reasoning. Thanks.
~Peachtea1998
I will try and step aside from my anger about the deluxe family membership being gone.

The $2 might be worth it to some for a month or two especially during the summer if you are not in school and have more time to long on.

The benefits are, you can really get a good jump start at the KA with the extra classes
You can make extra cash quickier with the extra job (about 7000/month), you are able to buy the deluxe rares.

The extra activites are only good if you can do them, usually only 1 activity per day is reallly good, like a wheel, coupon, or darts, the rest are free food and quick draws. In the summer this may be easier but once you are in school unless you have someone to login for you, you miss so many.

I see no value in the gold radio color. I see no vlaue in the extra slots to dress your pet.

So basically if you are interested in getting your pets to graduate or unlocking the games/prizes at kinsville academy, or you like the rares, and you are going to be able to login alot these would be reason to get the $2 membership.
sisterbear is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #578

nightsdream is on a distinguished road

~Peachtea1998

You want an honest answer right? Then no its not. I guess it would be worth it if you ONLY want the extra chance at rares, a very few worthwhile extra dailies, and a daily class/job. However, with the $2 option you DO NOT get the monthly gift box with the deluxe item, or the extra estore points (which is the main selling point for most of us I think)...

Truthfully though I can't even see how anyone at ganz thought they could pass this off as a better deal. Anyone who sits down for two minutes and does the math can see its all a bunch of bologna. Look at it this way with the $2 option you're paying $24 a year for Limited benefits where as with the yearly plan your paying $45, get $36 of that back in estore points, and also get the monthly bonus items leaving you're grand total for a single yearly plan as a mere $9...

So all in all for one account, the $2 plan still isn't really worth it in a sensible light and you'd be better off saving up your money to just purchase the yearly plan in one go.
nightsdream is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #579
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

Aries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clown

Tonight's Twitter Party may become a Pity Party if they realize how many of their loyal customers they have upset to the point of losing.

I refuse to pay $45 per account (19 + 1 family member in total, 10 will be up soon) to renew my Deluxe accounts. I will stop being able to do many of the extra things that I enjoy on those accounts. I will be aware of the things I am missing out on, so I will become unhappy with the game itself. If I become unhappy with the game itself, I will quit. Very simple.

I can certainly find other things to spend my cash on, I am starting to wish I could get some of it back. Had I known, I would never have invested so much time and cash in Webkinz. The countdown begins from early April when I renewed 10 accounts, so I may be done Webkinz within a year. I am done purchasing until there is a satisfactory resolution.
Aries962 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #580
ise & Wonderful
Gifted

franks8 is a name known to allfranks8 is a name known to allfranks8 is a name known to all

No Deluxe Family Membership! This stinks! Ganz, you have turned greedy!

The Deluxe Family Membership really helped some people, like me, make it through this rough economical turn down. The Deluxe Family Membership helped. I still got a few Webkinz plushies at Christmas for everyone but the it was the Family Membership that kept us all on Webkinz.

Want to know what my family has endured this past year? Three pay cuts. We've trimmed the family budget to the minimum.

Ganz, if you really had to be greedy, why not at least not be SO greedy. How about reduce the Deluxe Family Membership to 3 family members. That is a compromise I can live with.

But, with 5 family members playing Webkinz, I cannot afford five deluxe family memberships. Our decision this year will have to be NONE!

Please reconsider!
franks8 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: