Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #551
Webkinz :)

niobe is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Msg rec'd from Ganz:Hello,Thank you for your inquiry.With recent changes to the membership options available to regular and Deluxe Webkinz members, we have decided to discontinue our Deluxe Family Membership program. Our research showed that this option was causing the most confusion among our members, and decided it no longer fit into our product mix.All members who currently have Family Memberships will of course be able to continue to use these memberships until they expire.Please note that we have also introduced a $2 monthly deluxe membership in order to provide consumers with a more economical way to access all the Webkinz World benefits that are associated to Deluxe Membership. For a list of the available membership upgrades, please visit: www.ganzestore.com/membershipcategory.Thank you,Ganz eStore Support
Anyone want to know who is confused? Last year when we bought our family membership, we had only 4 accounts. 2 weeks later, we bought a sig pet and decided to open a 5th account and add it to the Deluxe Family plan. I called Ganz, got a CSR:
Me: How can I add the 5th account to our Family Deluxe?"
CSR: Ummmm, hold on - I'll get you a Supervisor"
Me: (Same question)
Supervisor: Ummmm, ahhhhh, hold on - I'll get you to a Manager"
Me: (Same question)
Manager: Ummmmm, ahhhhh, hmmmmm - hold on for minute, please.
Tick-tock-tick-tock....................
Manager: It doesn't look like you can add an account once the purchase is posted. Sorry".

I was peeved but not at all confused.
niobe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #552

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by VeronicaGee
Good point, but not to be paranoid or anything... what if that was their original intention? Get rid of Family Deluxe entirely FIRST so that when they can bring back something watered down people would accept it.

Wouldn't people have been upset if it was cut from 5 members to 3? But now that it's taken away, anything seems better than nothing. Just saying.

Ganz doesn't have to squeeze the lemon from every angle but they do. They squeeze and squeeze and there really isn't much of a break to the customer anywhere. The only choice I feel I have is to cut way way back on buying until they become more generous like other similar virtual world companies who give away free codes and anniversary goodies like hats to Deluxe members without having to spend hours searching or paying cash for it.

The whole idea of TIMED events on WKW is set up to get people hooked. You might miss a rare, a spin at something good etc. They've been playing mind games with us since day one. This is a financial one. They want to see how important this Deluxe acct is to people who have multiple accts, kids or not.
View Post Originally Posted by soccer king
This is exactly what I was thinking. Let them take it all away first and then, to placate us and prove what a great company they are, they will offer something back in return, because they heard us, and they listen. It won't be what we had. It won't be anywhere near as good. But we'll be panting for it all the same, and they asume we will jump through hoops to take it. And we should just be happy that they were so kind to at least give us something.

At the end of the day, they are just pixels on a screen. They are just stuff. They mean nothing. And Ganz has just shown us that we, their customers, mean nothing.

I can interact and have fun the same way on other sites, and not be charged anywhere near what Ganz wants from us. On sites that work much better than Webkinz too. They are computer images. C'mon Ganz. Get a clue!

We will not be Deluxe after we expire, and we will not be purchasing any new items either, real or virtual. And not just Webkinz, but we won't buy any Ganz items. If they can't show support and thanks to the families that use their site, then they do not get our support either.
View Post Originally Posted by stargazer1
If Ganz is going to show no support for us whatsoever, why should we show them our support? I don't think I'm going to want anything from Ganz this year- except I already got a Webkinz, but I wanted that one SO badly...
Anyways, I think we should start a GANZ boycott. Don't buy webkinz, estore things, or anything made by this greedy company. Quote this if you agree!
START THE GANZ BOYCOTT!
View Post Originally Posted by awryalot
I am just stunned at Ganz's foolishness in retiring the family deluxe account. They know full well that many of us have multiple accounts. We love the great furniture and accessories that make our webbies' world come alive for us. And we count on those monthly prizes with all the special goodies. But we've all got limits. What they don't seem to know is that we're not just standing here with open checkbooks, begging them to take our money. This is a game with imaginary characters and furniture, etc. We're spending real money on things that don't exist. I would think they'd be so delighted that we spend as much as we do. Upping the ante to play is pushing many of us over the edge. Ganz will learn a hard lesson in economics from this. I, for one, am fed up. If you haven't already done so, please call them and register your complaint today.
View Post Originally Posted by blueducky1995
my family and some friends and i have desided not to buy anything besides the one pet a year till they bring the family plan back, no estore, no plushys, no kinz style, no cards, no charms, no lipgloss, NOTHING!!!!!
View Post Originally Posted by petitepal
I have been saying that all along. We all sit an hunt for these stupid things days at a time, we spend good money at the e-store for items that cost them virutally nothing, but we keep on doing. Well I for one am putting a stop to it. I have 5 grandkids that will be very upset and hurt but they will just have to accept it and find something else to occupy their time.
View Post Originally Posted by Gwenda
I totally agree! I am really starting to think this is a good thing. My ds would want stay home just to get the rare or I'd be at the computer for hours trying to get Goober or whoever.Or looking for Pj's rares. Spending more money than I should've on estore items.......I'm starting to fell liberated time to get back in the REAL world pull out the board games and for all of us in my family interact more with each other and less with pixels
View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
You have a great point! This is a bunch of bologna! I am so upset with their constant mind games! It's like they are trying to find something to stir up DRAMA every week! Are you trying to create some roller coaster of highs & lows to keep it "interesting" for us? Is this some new marketing strategy that some over-paid exec learn about at some conference? I am TIRED of wasting my time fighting on here every week just for you to show us basic decency. Is this all just to drum-up more attention to the deluxe option? Afterall, negative attention is better than none at all, right?

"If we take it away & then let them fight & struggle to convince us to bring it back, they will scoop it up as quick as they can!"

I'm not even sure if I want to renew now, even if they do us the HUGE favor of bringing back the family option. Here's an idea - you keep your completely valueless pixels and I keep my real world money! Now that sounds like a good plan! Thanks for making me think about it Ganz!!
SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #553

ALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to behold

I don't have twitter and I was a bit upset about missing the party today and being by myself. This is more fun (Yes, I know I can be sarcastic and a few other words) than any party Ganz could have cooked up. Thanks, Ganz!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #554

halleykinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, it was not confusing at all. I'm disappointed at Ganz greed. I myself didn't have a family account, but was thinking of doing it and adding my nephew and 2 sisters, but will definitely not do it now. The only draw to the deluxe memberships for me was the gift boxes and estore points. I just can't justify spending money and receiving nothing tangible in exchange. I feel buying anything from the estore was a waste of money but the deluxe account wasn't more than buying a couple of packs of trading cards. Very sad.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #555
sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!sisterbear is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by VeronicaGee
Yes and no. Club Penguin is $5.95 but that is ALL I pay for my kids to play on it. They share an acct and are fine with it. I don't have to spend another penny on pets, furniture, clothes, etc. etc. etc. So it is Much Less Expensive than GANZ which is launching a new pet, a new estore whatever every 2 minutes it seems. And it's not nickle and dimes it's dollars and hundreds a month if you were to try to keep up with it.

$2 is no bargain when you basically get nothing but the opportunity to spin a few wheels and buy more stuff at the Curio Shop IF you have a ton of kinzcash saved up.

I agree that other sites are better in the respect that they do not have all the extras to buy. Most parents are clueless about the choices, I see some parents inquire about safety of sites but most just see the cost. $2 vs $6 or 10 etc. I spent alot of money in 2008 on webkinz. I have a child with auism and that child was so into webkinz then and made lots of friends at school because of it. It was a wonderful year and I don't regret the money I spent. That child moved on to toontown and it is alot cheaper , averages about $7 a month total.

The $2 does give very little and I would not get it, I wonder how many people will keep that option? or how many people will just keep it going because of the low cost. I know some parents won't even notice the $2 charge especially if it is coming out of an active debit account. It is alot easier for a parent to see $9.95 and complain and cancel a service then $2. I'm sure alot of people have $2 or $3 small debits all the time for snacks, coffee, newspapers etc. I think ganz is really thinking this $2 is the magic number. NOT!
sisterbear is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #556
Gift Guru

sz11401 is a WI addict!
sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!sz11401 is a WI addict!

There should be no reason why Ganz can't offer the new option along with all other options including the Family one.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #557
est of Weird.

stargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Schmoopiepie, what do you mean when you highlighted the words in pink? Is that a you agree thing?
stargazer1 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #558
YOWZA-I luv being
Gifted

inasmomi is a name known to allinasmomi is a name known to allinasmomi is a name known to all

Wow, thanks Ganz for ruining Webkinz Day. Way to go.

Although I am REALLY glad to have seen this before I spent a bunch in the eStore. Their greed is too much. I have two Deluxe Family Plans, one expires in Dec and one in Feb and one individual. I don't think we will be renewing.
inasmomi is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #559

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes stargazer1! I agree. You made some great comments! I think those were worthy of bring forward to increase the chance of them being seen.
SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #560
lollipopgal8 on Webk

Peachtea1998 is a jewel in the roughPeachtea1998 is a jewel in the rough

Can some one tell me if the 2 bucks/month thing is worth it? and back up explanation please because my mom won't let me get it unless I can back up my reasoning. Thanks.
~Peachtea1998
Peachtea1998 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: