Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #541
Webkinz :)

Bugga97 is a jewel in the roughBugga97 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

that sounds cool but i dont know what the other thing was so lol i dont know lol
Bugga97 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #542

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by petitepal
I have been saying that all along. We all sit an hunt for these stupid things days at a time, we spend good money at the e-store for items that cost them virutally nothing, but we keep on doing. Well I for one am putting a stop to it. I have 5 grandkids that will be very upset and hurt but they will just have to accept it and find something else to occupy their time.
I totally agree! I am really starting to think this is a good thing.My ds would want stay home just to get the rare or I'd be at the computer for hours trying to get Goober or whoever.Or looking for Pj's rares. Spending more money than I should've on estore items.......I'm starting to fell liberated time to get back in the REAL world pull out the board games and for all of us in my family interact more with each other and less with pixels

View Post Originally Posted by ArtChic
I commented before and although I'm still a long way from happy I don't think boycotting ganz will do anything.. i guess the only thing that will happen is they will lose an awe full lot of deluxe dollars... although my family will probably slack off on the estore stuff except for the occasional pet we just have to have. But you know it is a company so at the end of the day webkinz is a way to make money... but i guess they got us to hooked to quit
Every addict has a rock bottom. I'll bet mine's not the only bottom sore from hitting the rock,

Last edited by Gwenda; 04-29-2010 at 11:11 AM..
Gwenda is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #543
hereDoIPutAllThe

dadof3 has a spectacular aura aboutdadof3 has a spectacular aura about

Well this might just be the last thing to push me out of WW completely.

I few months ago I realized that paying real money for the virtual room items from the estore was quite silly. I asked myself what was the point? You can't trade them. And now that they are releasing so many items other than pets on the estore it's getting easier to make the decision to quit. Releasing 6 to 10 plushes every month is also crazy and I have almost stopped buying plushes completely. Money doesn't grow on trees these days.

I certainly cannot justify spending more than $60 for a deluxe membership to cover at least 5 of our family's accounts. And without the monthly gift box and estore points I will not be renewing. $2/per month/account for extra spins and what not? The extra spin, jobs, etc. have just been lengthening the time I need to complete the dailies and preventing time to actually play some games. It has become a collector hobby for me...Quite a stock pile of rares and exclusives but now what's the point? I don't have enough time to spend trading anyway.

I think Ganz will lose revenue in the short-term but will likely recover in time as people forget the way it used to be.

They will certainly lose my business...eventually completely.
dadof3 is offline Male
Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #544
soebled2
Gift Guru

lamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by ArtChic
I commented before and although I'm still a long way from happy I don't think boycotting ganz will do anything.. i guess the only thing that will happen is they will lose an awe full lot of deluxe dollars... although my family will probably slack off on the estore stuff except for the occasional pet we just have to have. But you know it is a company so at the end of the day webkinz is a way to make money... but i guess they got us to hooked to quit
Well, I'll admit I was pretty hooked, but this was the tug on the line that made me aware of the hook in my mouth. A part of me is actually pretty relieved that Ganz made this move as I am now going to stop putting money into something without any thought.
lamb is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #545
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by sisterbear

Ganz thinks they are being smart with the $2 plan and thinks they are going to get lots of new deluxe members from it. I assume they think this for 2 reasons. One is because it makes it cheaper then any other site, club penuin is $5.95, toontown $9.95, Littlest pet shop $7.95, so ganz think to a parent unfamiliar with the benfits of each choice, $2 is a bargain. Then the price point, $2, people spend $2 on a morning coffee. kids get $2 for doing a chore or from the tooth fairy or from grandma etc, so $2 doesn't seem like alot of money.
Yes and no. Club Penguin is $5.95 but that is ALL I pay for my kids to play on it. They share an acct and are fine with it. I don't have to spend another penny on pets, furniture, clothes, etc. etc. etc. So it is Much Less Expensive than GANZ which is launching a new pet, a new estore whatever every 2 minutes it seems. And it's not nickle and dimes it's dollars and hundreds a month if you were to try to keep up with it.

$2 is no bargain when you basically get nothing but the opportunity to spin a few wheels and buy more stuff at the Curio Shop IF you have a ton of kinzcash saved up.

I'm getting angrier and more insulted as the day goes on. Last year, I did an inventory of what I've spent on WKW in one year and it was way over $2,000. That was one year. Now I spend no more than $20 a month. For everyone. That's all this stuff is worth. $2,000 is a vacation, savings for college.

Thank goodness I am waking up. Better late than never.
VeronicaGee is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #546
est of Weird.

stargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a protest tee:

Click the image to open in full size.
stargazer1 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #547
lollipopgal8 on Webk

Peachtea1998 is a jewel in the roughPeachtea1998 is a jewel in the rough

I don't feel driven out of Webkinz by this; I just don't bother with anything from the Estore or Deluxe Memberships. Although, the $2 a month sounds good I just don't know what to do!!
Peachtea1998 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:20 AM   #548
sisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by ALBERTIII
I had been saving up to get a family membership for just myself and I was really looking forward to it. But now, I am not spending any more for two reasons. To send a message to Ganz but also as someone pointed out, Ty and the beanie babies went belly up when they got to greedy. If Ganz is going to have the same fate as Ty and I will end up with things I probably can't hardly sell at a garage sale, why should I waste my money????????????????????? There are too many demands on my pocket book these days.

Three cheers for Flutterby
Garage sales are great way to see how popular a toy or product is. I go to garage sales every weekend. You are correct, beanie babieare barely able to be sold. I bought a huge 40 gallon plastic bin full of beanie babies for $5, there were well over 500 beanie babies so I got then for .01 each! This was last summer and they had the tag with the protectors on them. I got them because my daughter has an outdoor play farmhouse and she used them as her farm animals. Because they were .01 each, I let them get dirty. I remember my daughter getting the pink flamingo dirty and thought back to years ago when I worked in the city watching people line up at a gift store to buy that same flamingo I paid .01 and let mydaughter ruin!

Now webkinz are starting to pop up at garage sales. First in 2008 I saw a few without tags, By 2009 I was seeing ones with tags about once a month, usually for $1. I got lucky a few times during 2009, and got 10+ pets with unused tags for $1 or less. Now 2010, and I see them about every other week with unused tags. I see collection of ones with used tags being sold all the time. These are being sold by all ages (from kids to grandparents), but I find them in more expensive suburbs where in most cases sellers have more disposable income. I usually ask if the tag is good, and the common response is yes, either the person selling it or their kids lost interest or they were given it as a gift and the kids are on to another website.

Ganz really should be appreciating its super collectors more because they are losing in the market for webkinz as the popular birthday or christmas gift. If a child would rather have $1 at a garage sale then a unused webkinz they got as a gift, ganz needs to keep people happy that are buying and obviously with this new deluxe system they are not!
sisterbear is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #549

taikitty is on a distinguished road

Nicely summed up, everyone!

Bravo to Ganz for the $2 option.....baskets of boos for removing the family option.

I will not be paying $45 each for multiple memberships. This feels a lot like "bait and switch." I'll miss the extra monthly items but maybe getting my life back will be a good thing.
taikitty is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:21 AM   #550
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

Just sent this via the Contact Us in the newspaper:

Quote:
COMPLAINT: elimination of the Family Deluxe Membership option. This decision leaves a huge number of customers in the lurch. I've heard the official corporate explanation, "this option was confusing". I don't believe it, since the option wasn't confusing at all. It's obvious the true purpose behind this decision was a cash grab. Feeding us the "confusion" line is not only deceptive, but insulting to our intelligence. What you've really done is tell people that when their Family Deluxe expires, they need to pay up to $225 to replace it, vs. the previous $45. This represents an inflation rate of 400%. What kind of company would impose such a hike and think they can maintain sales? It's an unrealistic business model. Result: not only a huge drop in Deluxe sales (due to folks like me, who won't be replacing Family with ANY kind of Deluxe), but ALL sales, since you have negatively impacted consumer faith and your image with deceptive tactics. Bad move. Please reconsider.
(I could have been more eloquent, but there's a space limit. )

I'll also try to call.
Jackal is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: