Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #531
Webkinz :)
petitepal is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I have been saying that all along. We all sit an hunt for these stupid things days at a time, we spend good money at the e-store for items that cost them virutally nothing, but we keep on doing. Well I for one am putting a stop to it. I have 5 grandkids that will be very upset and hurt but they will just have to accept it and find something else to occupy their time.
petitepal is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #532
sisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wonder

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I think ganz "thinks" the $2 option is the smart move because of the economy. I do not understand why by adding the $2 they had to get rid of the family plan (or at least why they did raise the price to $60ish). The family plan target group and the $2 target group are 2 different groups. This is what ganz marketing team does not understand. The family plan, was for families, or for loyal users with multiple accounts. The $2 plan is for geared kids who think it is cool to be deluxe , not collectors or larger families.

Ganz thinks they are being smart with the $2 plan and thinks they are going to get lots of new deluxe members from it. I assume they think this for 2 reasons. One is because it makes it cheaper then any other site, club penuin is $5.95, toontown $9.95, Littlest pet shop $7.95, so ganz think to a parent unfamiliar with the benfits of each choice, $2 is a bargain. Then the price point, $2, people spend $2 on a morning coffee. kids get $2 for doing a chore or from the tooth fairy or from grandma etc, so $2 doesn't seem like alot of money.

The problem is I bet ganz is probably not seeing the effect of the change. I bet there are lots of kids (most of whom do not have parents who understand webkinz) that got the $2 option. I'm sure some kids whose parents didn't want to spend alot of money were happy that the $2 option is there. I bet they think the $2 option is working. It will only be when they loose enough money from people not renewing that had family plans and enough people not keeping the $2 option that we might see change.

I would be really curious how many people have bought the $2 option? I am still going to be writing and calling upset about the family plan but I worry until ganz sees a real dollar loss they really won't care.
sisterbear is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #533

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by deenies
I have the same bad taste - ad I am sure many people do as well - this does not have to be an all or none deal - they can work through this *confusion* - although - the confusion is that they want more money and we can't won't spend it. All on their part.
That's it in a nutshell!
Gwenda is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #534
petitepal is on a distinguished road

I think we spend quite enough, too much, on their items. I think they have forgotten that this is a childrens site and with all this retired and priceless stuff that was posted here didn't help!
petitepal is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #535
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Unfortunately....Ganz will NOT be getting my $45 for each of my family members accounts to renew. It is just out of the question.

This was bad planning on their behalf to cut off their loyal....large family customers.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #536

ArtChic will become famous soon enough

I commented before and although I'm still a long way from happy I don't think boycotting ganz will do anything.. i guess the only thing that will happen is they will lose an awe full lot of deluxe dollars... although my family will probably slack off on the estore stuff except for the occasional pet we just have to have. But you know it is a company so at the end of the day webkinz is a way to make money... but i guess they got us to hooked to quit
Old 04-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #537

flutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guide

Wink Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by jennbugs73
Oooh! There was just a tweet on Twitter from a guy that was sitting next to someone from legal counsel from Ganz company. I tweeted him back and told him to ask them about the Family Deluxe Memberships. I told him people are angry and we want answers. I know that he and counsel have no clue. I am just stirring the pot because some writer for a Canadian paper is also there.

Ooooohhhhhh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh STIR STIR STIR
flutterby7 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #538

ALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to behold

I had been saving up to get a family membership for just myself and I was really looking forward to it. But now, I am not spending any more for two reasons. To send a message to Ganz but also as someone pointed out, Ty and the beanie babies went belly up when they got to greedy. If Ganz is going to have the same fate as Ty and I will end up with things I probably can't hardly sell at a garage sale, why should I waste my money????????????????????? There are too many demands on my pocket book these days.

View Post Originally Posted by flutterby7
Ooooohhhhhh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh STIR STIR STIR
Three cheers for Flutterby
Old 04-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #539
Back in School!

JuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by rmwtew
Oops meant to say Family Deluxe option. I do not see what was confusing about the Family option either. We were all a little confused by deluxe a year ago when it was first introduced, but it seems pretty clear now.
That's because we've been around it a year. Yes, there was a great deal of confusion over the difference in the plans when they were introduced, I'm sure the threads from back then are still around. We have a community of people that helps each other figure out the nuances and the best options for our particular needs. I'm not surprised Ganz is saying there is confusion. The differences between the plans, which comes with an item, who gets estore points, having to put all the WW accounts on the family plan at the outset and not later, etc. These are all points that cause confusion. So I'll give Ganz that.

What I think is ridiculous is claiming it's better to remove the family plan completely rather than just put up a FAQ and/or get better marketing about the plans themselves. I think they just went with the confusion line (which I do believe has merit) because they thought it sounded better than "we want to charge you more".

I'll also offer a word of support for the $2 plan. I don't think it's intended to be a yearly plan. I think it was designed to be an introduction to the WW benefits so people can check it out, see if they think it's worth it, with the hope that the user will use it for a month or two and then switch to one of the longer subscriptions that have all the benefits. They may be selling it as a cheaper alternative to the full yearly (at $24 vs $45) but anybody who does the research will see the $45 is a better value since you get the majority of your $ back in estore dollars. But, the $2 plan also has the benefit of appealing to people who just want the deluxe benefits who have no intention of purchasing anything at the estore. I know most people don't seem to think that's worth it, but there are a great deal of extras that come with the deluxe that appeal to people. Personally, the extra rare is way down on my list of important things, while I know the extra job and class that I love so much other people don't care about. So it's up to that particular user if the $2 a month is worth it and users who are really curious but don't want to commit more money at the outset can now do so.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #540

ALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to behold

Opps--meant to say jennbugs 73
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: