Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 08:16 AM   #451
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Actually this is how it normally works - someone in Senior Management hires a consultant to look at new ways of building revenue, the consultant notices that if they kill the family account they can increase revenues by 500% - lots of charts and graphs ensue and a new program gets initiated.

The consultant only talks to senior management - never customers or customer service.

The "new initiative" gets rammed down the throats of the rest of the organization - who have to deal with the fall out.

No one will tell the boss in the ivory tower what a skunk of an idea this is.

The consultant gets paid BIG money.

The client expect big payoff - but doesn't get it - and by the time they figure that out the consultant is long gone.

Profits go down (sometimes there is a short term boost and the senior managers all get a bonus but in the long run it always ends up an a downturn if staff and customers were not engaged in the process).

And guess what they do to solve the problem - Hire a new Consultant!

Why do I know this - you guessed it - I'm a consultant! Though we focus on high engagement processes that do involve staff and customers - but you wouldn't believe how tough it is to compete against the big guns who get their jobs by schmoozing with senior management and then they hire me to try to get "buy in" from the staff..... sigh.
Jarrah is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #452
jennbugs
Webkinz :)

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Oooh! There was just a tweet on Twitter from a guy that was sitting next to someone from legal counsel from Ganz company. I tweeted him back and told him to ask them about the Family Deluxe Memberships. I told him people are angry and we want answers. I know that he and counsel have no clue. I am just stirring the pot because some writer for a Canadian paper is also there.
jennbugs73 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #453
spypuppy spypuppy2
Gift Guru

spypuppy has a brilliant futurespypuppy has a brilliant futurespypuppy has a brilliant futurespypuppy has a brilliant futurespypuppy has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by lamb
Do you seriously think they are struggling financially? I don't. I think they should put in back in place just the way it was. If we say raise the cost and make it only three accounts, guess what they'll do if they decide to bring it back, just that. It cost them nothing to add deluxe to an account. If they don't bring it back exactly the same as it was for family, I will not renew no matter.
LAMB love your new Avie you hit the nail square on that one!!!!

Click the image to open in full size.
spypuppy is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #454
wabbitslayer77 / 78

wabbitslayer77 is just really nicewabbitslayer77 is just really nice

what do you mean that cow cash is gone to estore?
I thought I seen my kid playing it the other day?

I really want the webkinz day cake, and i have the points to buy it, but after seeing everyone else saying they aren't going to get estore items to make a stand, then it makes me think that i might not get the cake.

I'm really upset about ganz cancelling the family plan cuz i have 3 kids and with my two webkinz accounts makes 5 accounts, it was perfect for me. But now my kids won't have be able to get deluxe next year. cuz i can't afford 250 real money for 5 account.

wabbitslayer77 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #455
twinklestar will become famous soon enough

my two cents is if you have the points to get the cake, go get it. It'll make you happy and since it isn't new money that is being spent ganz won't notice or care.
twinklestar is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #456

bcrossing is on a distinguished road

I am so shocked and outraged about what Ganz has done in canceling the family accounts!

I had just renewed 2 family accounts and 1 regular Deluxe account. I was considering adding another family account for other family members whose account will expire next month if they don't add to the Webkinz I gave them last May. (I give Webkinz to nieces & nephews in addition to my own daughter and have many accounts for myself. I figure that if I get the kids hooked on Webkinz, I should at least pay for them to keep using them after a year.)

A good friend of mine was totally shocked when I told her last night that Ganz cancelled the family account option. I had talked her into going deluxe last year and she was just ready to renew for herself and daughters.

Ganz, you have made a lousy decision. My daughter has always been amazed that I was willing to "pay for pixels on a screen that will be lost after a year if you don't keep paying for them". The family option and all of the extras that came with it made it seem worthwhile to me.

I won't buy any more Webkinz to give to family members.!!! I won't buy any more e-points at the store!!! I definitely won't buy that many individual deluxe memberships!!! And the automatic renewal on your credit card? Stay away from that!!!!
bcrossing is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #457
imp17
Gift Guru

imp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talentimp17 has lots of talent

This is just downright unfair and awful. I will never ever renew our Deluxe membership in a year, if there is no family membership. I mean it only cost us $45 to renew our membership this year for our 4 accounts, but yet next year we would have to pay $180. That is just wrong. I think it is time for all of us to wise up and find something useful to spend our hard earned money on. I mean start thinking about it people, with all the money we spend on Webkinz in a year, we could do a lot more important things, or have so much more real fun in our lives, than being trapped and hooked on this game that just wants our money.
imp17 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #458
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

As I thought about this overnight, I kept getting stuck on what Ganz reps said about this decision being based on customer confusion. After reading all these posts, I really can't believe that anyone was confused at all, and how condescending that statement was. Maybe they HOPED we were and are confused, so that we don't know the difference between 45 dollars and 225 dollars. Hmm...

225>45

Not too confusing. It's just a really, really BAD way to treat your best customers. Especially in these tough times.
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #459
lruesch or linnaer
Gift Guru

Linnae is the cats pajamas!Linnae is the cats pajamas!Linnae is the cats pajamas!Linnae is the cats pajamas!Linnae is the cats pajamas!Linnae is the cats pajamas!

It's too bad they retired the family one. That's the one I was going to do on May 1st. Oh well. Now I'm probably not going to do it at all.
Linnae is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #460
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
You know, if they are 'struggling' for finances, they could always UP the price of the family account OR reduce the number of accounts you put on it. To like say THREE. I mean there ARE ways around this dilemma. They are just not trying at all
Good point, but not to be paranoid or anything... what if that was their original intention? Get rid of Family Deluxe entirely FIRST so that when they can bring back something watered down people would accept it.

Wouldn't people have been upset if it was cut from 5 members to 3? But now that it's taken away, anything seems better than nothing. Just saying.

Ganz doesn't have to squeeze the lemon from every angle but they do. They squeeze and squeeze and there really isn't much of a break to the customer anywhere. The only choice I feel I have is to cut way way back on buying until they become more generous like other similar virtual world companies who give away free codes and anniversary goodies like hats to Deluxe members without having to spend hours searching or paying cash for it.

The whole idea of TIMED events on WKW is set up to get people hooked. You might miss a rare, a spin at something good etc. They've been playing mind games with us since day one. This is a financial one. They want to see how important this Deluxe acct is to people who have multiple accts, kids or not.
VeronicaGee is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: