Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:50 AM   #441
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

In the end it will all come down to economics - when Ganz first opened the estore with crazy prices I figured no one would buy there - but then smart folk that they were they started Deluxe accounts with points - and soon people were tempted..

They are betting that we will want our "deluxe" fix so badly we'll be willing to pay crazy prices for it and there is only one way to prove them wrong!

This may also drive more people to other, less expensive, websites. My kids love club penguin but I have resisted a paid membership there because the deluxe family account gave me a less expensive option - but now I think I'd rather let them play over there.

Ganz needs to pay attention to the lessons from Toyota - you can have a very loyal customer base but one big goof is all it takes to send them away in hordes.

Imagine all the wasted effort on "feel good" WK day stuff that is going down the drain because so many customers are very very angry. We will not be spending any real $ on WW this weekend - because I know that a year from now it will all be gone.
Jarrah is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 05:11 AM   #442
I always knew I was
Gifted

jesusfreek4ever is just really nicejesusfreek4ever is just really nice

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I am not happy with Ganz for removing the Deluxe family accounts. That was the only way my family could afford it. Oh well. I guess this means I can save my money to buy more webkinz
jesusfreek4ever is offline Male
Old 04-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #443
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

Aries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clown

Not spending money on Webkinz Day promos, and not spending it at the eStore. Cash Cow belongs in the Arcade, NOT the eStore. I won't be buying ANYTHING Webkinz until this is resolved in a manner that satisfies me. Mooo!
Aries962 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #444
Webkinz :)
twinklestar will become famous soon enough

So many great points have been made! Even upset with emotions running hot, this is one intelligent group. I'm very impressed with the players who spend lots of money in the estore refusing to buy individual deluxe accounts. It really isn't much different for people who spend more than $200.00 a year (many of us!) because of the cashback allowance but they are taking a moral stand and I applaud. Ganz is counting on this to blow over, I hope the majority of us stay strong and make an impression with our lack of spending and renewal. I'm going to stand with you.

As upset as I was to read the news about the family deluxe option being retired I thought I would get one for my youngest. However, Ganz would be more than OK with my decision afterall they would make the same amt of deluxe account money from me as last year. if I caved and bought one for me as well then they would make twice the money. Inspired by y'all I refuse to play this terrible game. A couple of our kinz-full accounts will expire without the umbrella of deluxe and that will be upsetting for my daughter who has worked so hard decorating and collecting over the years (yeatrs! we've been spending money). It would be silly of me to reward the greed that caused the unhappiness. Nice job for a kids' site, Ganz!

I'm not going to buy any more estore items, I'm not going to buy deluxe. like others I will reconsider all purchases and honestly my enjoyment level has gone way down. I hardly have the heart for this anymore.

Dear Ganz, Remember other failed marketing ideas like "New Coke". What did coke do? They said Oooops we goofed and gave their loyal customers what they wanted. You cannot last without your loyal customer base, the kinz craze is over, we are your bread and butter, there aren't that many new customers coming. Bring back the affordable family option Ganz, it'll take time to repair the damage done by this ill thought out move but restoring family and giving an apology will be a good first step and will make you way more money than this ridiculous and slap-in-the-face money-grab.
twinklestar is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 AM   #445
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
In the end it will all come down to economics - when Ganz first opened the estore with crazy prices I figured no one would buy there - but then smart folk that they were they started Deluxe accounts with points - and soon people were tempted..

They are betting that we will want our "deluxe" fix so badly we'll be willing to pay crazy prices for it and there is only one way to prove them wrong!
You made a very good point there. It's very common for businesses to offer a great price on a new item. Then, when they have the customer interested in it, they up the cost. Gantz gave us Deluxe memberships, added aome nice bells and whistles, and got us hooked. Now, they up the renewal cost because we are so enamored of it.

Gantz is no different than most companies.
big2gray is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 07:58 AM   #446
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Aries962
Cash Cow belongs in the Arcade, NOT the eStore.
Nicely put!
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #447
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

You know, if they are 'struggling' for finances, they could always UP the price of the family account OR reduce the number of accounts you put on it. To like say THREE. I mean there ARE ways around this dilemma. They are just not trying at all
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 08:05 AM   #448
soebled2
Gift Guru

lamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
You know, if they are 'struggling' for finances, they could always UP the price of the family account OR reduce the number of accounts you put on it. To like say THREE. I mean there ARE ways around this dilemma. They are just not trying at all
Do you seriously think they are struggling financially? I don't. I think they should put in back in place just the way it was. If we say raise the cost and make it only three accounts, guess what they'll do if they decide to bring it back, just that. It cost them nothing to add deluxe to an account. If they don't bring it back exactly the same as it was for family, I will not renew no matter.
lamb is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #449
jennbugs

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

I called Ganz company yesterday and voiced my opinion, nicely. I have also began my Twitter campaign as of last night. I do believe that I have now figured that thing out. Funny, I had that account and never used it until I got angry. Oh well, it feels good letting my voice be heard and standing up for what I believe is right! I feel like most of you do on here, I am drastically cutting my spending back and REFUSE to spend any more of my money than I have to on Ganz company right now. I am sure that some will keep spending, that is okay, but when a group holds tight I am sure that some sales will fall. Tighten that rope and let them feel that squeeze!
jennbugs73 is offline Female
Old 04-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #450
twinklestar will become famous soon enough

I doubt they're hurting for cash, they don't even have shareholders demanding more and more profits every quarter. They're just trying to milk us for all we're worth. I think some ganz folks get a chuckle of how much money we spend on pixels at the estore and that caused them to think we're addicted kinz junkies willing to fork out whatever they demand for our prize box of the month fix.

That said I agree, I could stand some tinkering (do you see what I did there but not this malarky- it is insulting, this isn't a sign of respect for their loyal base.

!!! Lamb is right. I take back my willing to tinker, let's stay strong.
twinklestar is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: