Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #421
StarWhispers
Webkinz :)

StarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud of

Donation Award 
Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I understand how many are feeling about the family plan being taken away. I talked to several different managers and was given this address. If you do not have the time to call, you can write your comments to this address. It is one of the Ganz headquarters. Ganz 60 Industrial Parkway, Cheektowaga, NY 14277-9903. If an Administrator, or Moderator could confirm this and pass this along I think it may help. Good luck to everyone I have already written two letters and I am going to pass this information along to many parents at my children's school, neighbors, and of course all of the people in the hospital that I work for.
StarWhispers is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #422

Pengo is a glorious beacon of lightPengo is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by kellyandkaylee
So if we only had the 3 month option on one account then is there not an automatic renewal?? there is not a cancel button so i am assuming not since it isn't there.
Not sure. I think it depends on when you renewed. This seems (according to Ganz) to be a "glitch" (yeah, right) that has only affected people purchasing a membership in the past few days. I know for a FACT it affects the $2 membership (I was forced to buy one today because one of our accounts lapsed TODAY and we wanted to be able to get the Webkinz Day prizes...and were NOT going to buy a pet to do so), so I can only assume it affected all the memberships purchased recently. If you did NOT have to tick off the little box when you bought your membership (granting them the power to automatically renew), then you won't have any trouble.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #423
StarWhispers

StarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
Hi everyone,

I understand that you are upset and disappointed with these changes (as a lot of us are). But please remember that there is a person behind every phone call to Ganz, and yes, there is a person running this company. Although we may not agree with the changes they make, or their policies they put in place. These people also deserve some respect.

Please keep the discussion focused on the changes to the deluxe membership, and not so much about being disrespectful or hurtful to these people. We can dislike these decisions and discuss them, but we always should show people respect whenever and where ever possible.

Thanks a bunch!
I completely agree. I was always polite and respectful to anyone and everyone whom I talked with. The best way to create change is to get everyone involved. Not to lash out. Tell everyone you know. Spread the information you have at your disposal. I really wish we could get on online petition going and for signatures we could use our email addresses. We did the same thing at my hospital. When they tried to change the cost of employee food to almost double what patients pay. Instead of getting angry we got organized set up a petition, and had everyone who wanted to sign it. Then we personally delivered the petition to the administration. And the change was stopped before it even started. I have seen others use emails as Esignatures. If we can get one started count me in!
StarWhispers is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #424

frogwoman09 has a spectacular aura about

It's nice that they made a cheaper way for single person players but what about families that have 2 to 3 or more children with parents that play! and we want the whole deal.

45.00 X 4 or 45.00 X 5 or 45.00 x 6 (get the idea!)

In times like this when money is tight, I certainly can't pay 225.00 to play games.
And to boot, we have to buy the pet first!

I feel this is really outrageous and greedy.
I don't see how I can renew the deluxe package at all. Why would they tease us with this for 1 year and then discontinue it-This stinks--sorry. I'm upset because I really love Webkinz.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #425

flutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guide

Unhappy Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by frogwoman09
It's nice that they made a cheaper way for single person players but what about families that have 2 to 3 or more children with parents that play! and we want the whole deal.

Why would they tease us with this for 1 year and then discontinue it-This stinks--sorry. I'm upset because I really love Webkinz.

If they wanted to make it cheaper for a single player, fine and dandy; add it as an extra option. There was no need to take the family plan away. And definitely don't insult our intelligence with the "confusion" bologne.
flutterby7 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #426

berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by frogwoman09

45.00 X 4 or 45.00 X 5 or 45.00 x 6 (get the idea!)

In times like this when money is tight, I certainly can't pay 225.00 to play games.
And to boot, we have to buy the pet first!

I feel this is really outrageous and greedy.
I don't see how I can renew the deluxe package at all. Why would they tease us with this for 1 year and then discontinue it-This stinks--sorry. I'm upset because I really love Webkinz.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! We have 5 people with 5 separate accounts and only started to used the estore after we got the family membership as a gift. We actually buy things at the estore now because of the monthly points that get us started and then we add extra points. If the family option is not longer available we will never be able to afford being deluxe and as such will never buy any more estore items. Hopefully Ganz will reconsider after seeeing how many people this would negatively affect. I wish it they would bring it back to kids and families. As someone else mentioned, I too would sign a petition.

(doesn't it drive you crazy to see the cry cry cry? LOL)
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #427
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by kellyandkaylee
So if we only had the 3 month option on one account then is there not an automatic renewal?? there is not a cancel button so i am assuming not since it isn't there.
This only applies to anyone who renewed in the past two days - for everyone else the "automatic renewal" notice is an error/glitch that will be fixed.

Even if they don't fix it their terms and agreements says that you will have lots of notice before they renew.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #428
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Defiantly a disappointing move for Ganz.

This is not a good thing for us WW members with big families who spend countless dollars on their products and fell prey to their "Family Plan"

I would like to see them add up what would be MY replacement cost for my investment in the "Family Plan" x2.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #429
Lil Kinz
MeowMommy is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by CrunchyGeorge
I think this is a really good point. I splurged for the deluxe single membership last year rather than the family as my two kids really weren't playing that much anymore, we only had the three accounts between us and and I really liked the roller coaster. Over the past year we have each opened a second account so I was going to renew with the family membership. I justified spending $45 by the 3000 estore points each month being worth a rebate of $36 over the course of the year - so not bad value. What I found with those estore points was that I ended topping up the points I had available. Without those points I would not even look at what was available at the estore. I spent way more than the amount of the gift points. If I had bought the family membership, I would probably have a couple more people in this household feeling entitled to the points and hinting for estore items. And yes, I will probably spend less on the real items too as the added difficulty of finding rares, earning tokens and getting exclusive items will contribute to loss of interest. I know my daughters will have no interest in this $2 a month option, as the gift box with an exclusive clothing item is the single biggest draw, they couldn't care less about the extra jobs etc.....
I totally agree! Well said!

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
Ok, I was calling again to voice a few thoughts I didn't get out the 1st time around, but now all I get is annoying POTM tunes blasted in my ear. It's starting to feel like Gitmo music torture at this point. I think that for some reason their lines might be a bit flooded right now. Hmmmm... ya think??? I really do feel so bad for the poor customer service reps that are getting an ear-full today despite having no say in their superiors dumb decisions. Just be nice to them please, make your points, and stress the importance of them passing along the info to their superiors.

On behalf of 18 accounts that we were pouring more money into than I would care to think about at this point, they are going to be losing a TON of $$$ just from upsetting me alone, and I am not just talking about not renewing deluxe either. I mean no more plushes bought, no more Estore pets & items, no deluxe memberships,... Nada! You think you are only upsetting one account when you talk to me, Ganz? No, you are losing lots of purchases on *18* accounts! And that's just ME. Obviously this community is rather large and clearly your top-paying customers (the big collectors and adults that get into playing with the kids in their lives and therefore shell-out the big bucks at your Estore.) Trying to tell me that WI is just a small & better-informed fraction of your customers just shows me you don't get the big picture here. It's not the little kid with one plush they got as an Easter gift that doesn't even know about Insider that should be who you think only matters. Those are solitary, small accounts that probably can't talk their parent's into $5 worth of EStore purchases, much less the money we are spending are not your "cash cows." I know since finding Insider our number of account and amount of money we send Ganz's way has gone through roof. WE ARE YOUR CASH COWS!! Disrespecting us & treating us like we are some insignificant minority is NOT a smart move! I sincerely hope someone their has the brains to reverse this ill-thought decision before to many of us rethink our relationship with Ganz /Webkinz entirely.
LOL! I agree! I don't think Ganz realizes how much of their profits come from Insider members.

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
You have a great point! This is a bunch of bologna! I am so upset with their constant mind games! It's like they are trying to find something to stir up DRAMA every week! Are you trying to create some roller coaster of highs & lows to keep it "interesting" for us? Is this some new marketing strategy that some over-paid exec learn about at some conference? I am TIRED of wasting my time fighting on here every week just for you to show us basic decency. Is this all just to drum-up more attention to the deluxe option? Afterall, negative attention is better than none at all, right?

"If we take it away & then let them fight & struggle to convince us to bring it back, they will scoop it up as quick as they can!"

I'm not even sure if I want to renew now, even if they do us the HUGE favor of bringing back the family option. Here's an idea - you keep your completely valueless pixels and I keep my real world money! Now that sounds like a good plan! Thanks for making me think about it Ganz!!

WOW! I could not have said it better myself! Great points! Reps for you! This is just going to far Ganz. Count me as yet another person in this long list of disgusted WI member that is taking a stand and refusing to get taken (deluxe) advantage of anymore!

View Post Originally Posted by KLDKinzMom
Very good point. I agree with your thought that it is very possible that Ganz just wanted to raise the price on the family deluxe membership in the first place but knew people would be upset about that so came up with the plan to just retire it so players will beg for it back and then be happy when it did come back with a higher price so that everyone who was upset about losing their family deluxe membership would think about the new price: "at least it wouldn't be hundreds of dollars...."

I tired of Ganz's mind games and their constant E store advertising and pushing items for real cash with little for those who spend so much money on real products to be able to afford virtual items and a very glitched website before last Christmas. I called them many times venting my frustrations and posted them thankfully to wonderfully supportive members. My son has stopped playing. I keep the accounts active mostly because of all the money that's been put into them and we have LOTS of plushies not adopted yet but I do miss the site. I come back here and there and enjoy it until I feel frustrated again and then go back and be happy on the facebook games. ... I just don't feel the stress there as I do on webkinz which was designed for children. I guess what I'm getting at is that they lost my business starting in December. I feel badly for the local stores because I know it took a big chunk of their profits. I never wanted to stop which is why I'd post my complaints with a hope that Ganz would read them and maybe change things up a bit. But from what I see when i come back here and read about all the new EStore items every week or two coming out and the prices of them and their "sales" , now removing the deluxe family membership, they are just greedier than ever. I'm not angry about the retirement of the deluxe family membership because I have somewhere else to go that is MUCH cheaper and less stressful, but I am sad. I just feel management is ruining Webkinz.
I would not at all be surprised if this was just part of some way they are trying to manipulate us. In fact I would pretty much bet money on it! Like say the money we'll be saving on deluxe membership, plushes, estore items, charms & figures,etc.....
MeowMommy is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #430

alinicado is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent a msg through e-store customer service. I cannot afford to puchase deluxe membership for everyone in my family. Unfortunately, all the kids get it or no one gets it. Please bring family membership back.
alinicado is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: