Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #401
jennbugs
Webkinz :)

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Oh! I think that I just did my first Tweet! I hope I did it right!
jennbugs73 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #402
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 
Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by Pengo
Some people have been asking how to cancel the automatic renewal of their membership. I haven't seen an answer (sorry if I missed it) and don't wish to post screen shots of my personal account, but here is a quick walkthrough:

1) Sign in to the e-store.
2) Click on the "Manage Account" button (near the bottom left of the screen)
3) Find "Order History" and click on "Do This Now" in that section (it's a hotlink)
4) In your Order History, find the order where the type is "Membership". On this line, under the "Status" column, there should be a button that says "Cancel". If you click on this, it WILL NOT cancel your membership, it will cancel your AUTORENEWAL. This is probably quite deliberately confusing on their part, but I can assure you that I have already used this feature and I have not lost my membership; however, my autorenewal has been stopped.

I hope this helps. As always, good luck.
View Post Originally Posted by kellyandkaylee
So if we only had the 3 month option on one account then is there not an automatic renewal?? there is not a cancel button so i am assuming not since it isn't there.
The first CSR I talked to today told me the "auto renewal" only applies to deluxe accounts purchased in the last two days (since the announcement).

At this point, I don't trust them as far as I can throw them, so I'm going to check.

Confusing us on purpose? Oh no no no..."confusion" is why this all came about, remember? They're all about making things crystal clear now!

See the "don't trust them as far as I can throw them" part...
AuntMary57 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #403
jennbugs

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

Aww, it cut off part! No!
jennbugs73 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #404

nightsdream is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by webcrazy
Hmmm. Is it ironic or intentional that since the deluxe family memebership is not available....the rares from Arte have only been for deluxe.

l I just noticed that as well.. Its almost like they think if they dangle a few deluxe only rare days ahead of us we'll change our minds and line their pockets~ aren't they just clever

~but anyways, I really don't see the Family optioned being removed for good. I mean after all they have to realize how much $$$ they'll be losing out of this and I really doubt there are people out there desperate enough for those few extra pixels that they could justify spending 5x more for the same thing they already had. Oh well, lets just enjoy this ride and see what the "brilliant" folks at Ganz mess up next.
nightsdream is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #405
aunt2two
Gifted
kathyincanada has much to be proud ofkathyincanada has much to be proud ofkathyincanada has much to be proud ofkathyincanada has much to be proud ofkathyincanada has much to be proud of

Where can I send an email to Ganz telling them that they shouldn't have "retired" the Deluxe family?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:28 PM   #406
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by kathyincanada
Where can I send an email to Ganz telling them that they shouldn't have "retired" the Deluxe family?
I went to the eStore home page, scrolled to the bottom of the page and clicked "Contact us".

There may have been a more direct method posted earlier in the thread, but sorry, I don't have it. Hope this helps a little...
AuntMary57 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #407
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

Wow Ganz! Really?

I received a notice just a few days ago reminding me that one of my two family accounts would expire on the 4th. NO MENTION of the option changes. Then this.

It was bad enough that the estore ridiculously overcharged for pixels we couldn't even trade. Then to manipulate customers into buying "last minute" purchases just to see them hang around after the deadline, and to start reproducing "replicas" of long retired items. Not to mention offering the same pixel seasonal pets, and the farce of the birthstone pets advertised as only being available during that month just to return again and again? It seems as if you are going out of your way to devalue those items we took such pleasure in collecting.

When I saw the glam boutique theme being offered at the estore, I was about to hang it up. I spent lots of time and money collecting useless body sprays and lip glosses, just to see it now offered as a "replica". But it took this last action of yours to make me fully realize that the estore is nothing but a ripoff, designed to blackmail parents into purchasing accounts for their children who you have so cleverly manipulated with exclusionary tactics.

While I can afford to indulge in the estore mania of dizzying new products almost daily, I can no longer continue to be a willing participant of those driven solely by greed. I was raised to not be greedy or take advantage of others, and my children have been raised that way as well. It's too bad the "powers that be" at Ganz were not.

Unfortunately, I renewed my first account a couple of weeks ago. But after seeing the effect this has had on so many wonderful people in WW, I am certainly not renewing the account expiring this week. Nor will I purchase even ONE more item from the estore. So yes Ganz, there is a point where even your most loyal customers will say ENOUGH ALREADY! And this is that point for me and my family.

I'm actually looking forward to going back to the simpler days of playing with what I have, and trading for what I need. Like others, I am about to start saving a small fortune so thanks for that.
mulberry59 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #408
bbuttons
Gifted

Mommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshine
Mommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshineMommy Bear is a ray of sunshine

Taking away the Deluxe Family Membership is a terrible disappointment. My kids used their own money for that. Seriously - counted out change and used money left over from Christmas.

Ganz certainly is predictable - they will run Webkinz into the ground and stomp on whatever is left. Already retailers are refusing to carry the product based on the ridiculous sales demands. And now they are killing customer loyalty.

It's been fun while it's lasted.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #409
snoodle4 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is one of the many reasons why I love Webkinz Insider. We luckily renewed our family membership earlier this month, and without Webkinz Insider, we would not have known for a long time that Ganz made such a greedy move. The $2 plan might look good at first but will cost so much more for families. Ganz is seeing dollar signs but my family is not only threatening to quit deluxe accounts but to quit buying Webkinz altogether. At least some of the other money making schemes, like having to buy figurines and Zumbuddies to get access to new areas of Webkinz, have given us some new beneifts. But removing the family deluxe option is just a kick in the pants. Good job Ganz at trying to rob the customers blind.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #410
Lil Kinz
woodbe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you to the member who provided us with Ganz's contact info. We will be joining the others in filing a complaint. I am very very upset and ready to quit Webkinz over this. Maybe I'll cool down and give Ganz a little time to ponder this huge mistake. If Ganz has any integrity at all, they will bring back the family deluxe option and I may be willing to give them another chance. Only time will tell.
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: