Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #391
Gifted

KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!

Donation Award 
Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
You have a great point! This is a bunch of bologna! I am so upset with their constant mind games! It's like they are trying to find something to stir up DRAMA every week! Are you trying to create some roller coaster of highs & lows to keep it "interesting" for us? Is this some new marketing strategy that some over-paid exec learn about at some conference? I am TIRED of wasting my time fighting on here every week just for you to show us basic decency. Is this all just to drum-up more attention to the deluxe option? Afterall, negative attention is better than none at all, right?

"If we take it away & then let them fight & struggle to convince us to bring it back, they will scoop it up as quick as they can!"

I'm not even sure if I want to renew now, even if they do us the HUGE favor of bringing back the family option. Here's an idea - you keep your completely valueless pixels and I keep my real world money! Now that sounds like a good plan! Thanks for making me think about it Ganz!!

Very good point. I agree with your thought that it is very possible that Ganz just wanted to raise the price on the family deluxe membership in the first place but knew people would be upset about that so came up with the plan to just retire it so players will beg for it back and then be happy when it did come back with a higher price so that everyone who was upset about losing their family deluxe membership would think about the new price: "at least it wouldn't be hundreds of dollars...."

I tired of Ganz's mind games and their constant E store advertising and pushing items for real cash with little for those who spend so much money on real products to be able to afford virtual items and a very glitched website before last Christmas. I called them many times venting my frustrations and posted them thankfully to wonderfully supportive members. My son has stopped playing. I keep the accounts active mostly because of all the money that's been put into them and we have LOTS of plushies not adopted yet but I do miss the site. I come back here and there and enjoy it until I feel frustrated again and then go back and be happy on the facebook games. They have glitches, too, and items for real dollars but for some reason, they know the right mix of free to pay cash for items and there is always something fresh and new. They post when they know there are glitches and what they are working on and it seems things are fixed quickly. I just don't feel the stress there as I do on webkinz which was designed for children. I guess what I'm getting at is that they lost my business starting in December. I feel badly for the local stores because I know it took a big chunk of their profits. I never wanted to stop which is why I'd post my complaints with a hope that Ganz would read them and maybe change things up a bit. But from what I see when i come back here and read about all the new EStore items every week or two coming out and the prices of them and their "sales" , now removing the deluxe family membership, they are just greedier than ever. I'm not angry about the retirement of the deluxe family membership because I have somewhere else to go that is MUCH cheaper and less stressful, but I am sad. I just feel management is ruining Webkinz.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #392
Live,Love,Laugh
Webkinz :)

gamesareks is an unparalleled talent
gamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talentgamesareks is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Now believe me I have been a little miffed, I have been angry and I have been disappointed at/by Ganz before but this takes the cake. With all the money I and my son have sank into this company and for them to treat their loyal customers like this is unforgiveable. All the gitches are one thing to announce a beautiful pet like the Sparkling Pegasus is coming to the estore and then to announce that you will only be able to get it as a prize if Ganz sees fit is another but this is the worst one yet. Whatever collective group sat around the table and came up with bright idea should be fired. We have not only bought Webkinz plushies but trading cards, figurines, charms, Kinz Klips, Zumbuddies and the Deluxe Family Membership (just renewed mine on the 21st of this month, I was one of the lucky ones) plus all the extra estore points that I have purchased when I said I would not. Well all that has come to an end as of now. Other than using my monthly points there will be no more estore and there will be no more purchases of any kind (including plush). I too like other members have a stock pile of Webkinz in which I can use for years to keep our two main accounts going and I can let the others expire (no need to have them now). I hope that they will stop and add up all the money they are infact going to lose instead of thinking of the money they thought they were going to line their pockets with hoping we would all buy individual accounts for all of them, who can afford that. Not me and I am sure a good 95% of their customers can not either. Way to go Ganz you really messed up this time. I hope you will seriously rethink this awful decision even worse than the decision not to put the Sparking Pegasus into the estore for everyone to purchase.
gamesareks is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #393
soebled2
Gift Guru

lamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guide

I would never have known about this price increase if I wasn't here on WI. How many WW members who don't frequent forums, are going to just go to renew their family accounts this year and be surprised that it is not there? The calls will be continuously coming into Ganz about this if they don't change it back to the way it was. We heavy players are just the tip of the iceberg of discontent that Ganz will have to endure - as well as the forerunners in decreasing their revenue.
lamb is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #394

CrunchyGeorge is a jewel in the roughCrunchyGeorge is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Mama Girl NH
As disappointing as it is, maybe we can all sit back and thank Ganz. I mean, I know I'm going to have an extra $45 in my wallet this year. And at this pace, I'll be saving even more, too, when I no longer purchase any more Webkinz but instead run through my existing supply of bodies. Hmm, I can always use the extra money in my pocket. So maybe I can thank Ganz for this move, AFTER I get over being very disappointed that they would do this to so many members.
I think this is a really good point. I splurged for the deluxe single membership last year rather than the family as my two kids really weren't playing that much anymore, we only had the three accounts between us and and I really liked the roller coaster. Over the past year we have each opened a second account so I was going to renew with the family membership. I justified spending $45 by the 3000 estore points each month being worth a rebate of $36 over the course of the year - so not bad value. What I found with those estore points was that I ended topping up the points I had available. Without those points I would not even look at what was available at the estore. I spent way more than the amount of the gift points. If I had bought the family membership, I would probably have a couple more people in this household feeling entitled to the points and hinting for estore items. And yes, I will probably spend less on the real items too as the added difficulty of finding rares, earning tokens and getting exclusive items will contribute to loss of interest. I know my daughters will have no interest in this $2 a month option, as the gift box with an exclusive clothing item is the single biggest draw, they couldn't care less about the extra jobs etc..

Just as an aside, is anyone else put off by the gold zone? I don't like the idea you can't get in if you aren't "deluxe". I don't mind the extra jobs, extra class at the academy, more activities - that is the value for the membership but the gold zone doesn't offer anything but attitude.
CrunchyGeorge is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #395
I'm Ninja :)

webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!

that REALLY is weird because................................I HAVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ganz is gettin REALLY greedy this is just really annoying UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

and lots of people like that i think ganz will have a lot less webkinz buyers if they keep doing stuff like they have been doing recently like no WEBKINZ DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
webkinzgirl520 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #396
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

Aries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clown

I can personally guarantee that I will not be purchasing Deluxe Renewals as my accounts run out. l currently have Deluxe on all of them. I renewed 10 of them on April 2nd. I'm not sure when the others come up, but probably soon. I can tell you right now that Ganz has seen my last dollar from Deluxe Renewal purchases because I won't pay $45 for one account. And when they're all used up, they've probably seen my last eStore dollar as well. If I can't have the Deluxe on all of them, I don't want it on any of them. I've been a loyal Ganz customer since October 2007, but I am starting to feel abused and gouged. Poor decision, Ganz, very poor decision!
Aries962 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #397
I'm Ninja :)

webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!

I didn"t say anythong bad i promise!!
webkinzgirl520 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #398
webcrazy has a spectacular aura aboutwebcrazy has a spectacular aura about

Hmmm. Is it ironic or intentional that since the deluxe family memebership is not available....the rares from Arte have only been for deluxe.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #399

Pengo is a glorious beacon of lightPengo is a glorious beacon of light

Some people have been asking how to cancel the automatic renewal of their membership. I haven't seen an answer (sorry if I missed it) and don't wish to post screen shots of my personal account, but here is a quick walkthrough:

1) Sign in to the e-store.
2) Click on the "Manage Account" button (near the bottom left of the screen)
3) Find "Order History" and click on "Do This Now" in that section (it's a hotlink)
4) In your Order History, find the order where the type is "Membership". On this line, under the "Status" column, there should be a button that says "Cancel". If you click on this, it WILL NOT cancel your membership, it will cancel your AUTORENEWAL. This is probably quite deliberately confusing on their part, but I can assure you that I have already used this feature and I have not lost my membership; however, my autorenewal has been stopped.

I hope this helps. As always, good luck.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #400

kellyandkaylee is a jewel in the roughkellyandkaylee is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Pengo
Some people have been asking how to cancel the automatic renewal of their membership. I haven't seen an answer (sorry if I missed it) and don't wish to post screen shots of my personal account, but here is a quick walkthrough:

1) Sign in to the e-store.
2) Click on the "Manage Account" button (near the bottom left of the screen)
3) Find "Order History" and click on "Do This Now" in that section (it's a hotlink)
4) In your Order History, find the order where the type is "Membership". On this line, under the "Status" column, there should be a button that says "Cancel". If you click on this, it WILL NOT cancel your membership, it will cancel your AUTORENEWAL. This is probably quite deliberately confusing on their part, but I can assure you that I have already used this feature and I have not lost my membership; however, my autorenewal has been stopped.

I hope this helps. As always, good luck.
So if we only had the 3 month option on one account then is there not an automatic renewal?? there is not a cancel button so i am assuming not since it isn't there.
kellyandkaylee is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: