Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #381
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 
Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

OK, after two phone calls up there, I went to the eStore and sent them my comments:

==========================================
I am very upset that you discontinued the Family Deluxe membership. I do not plan to renew the two accounts I have under it nor do I plan to add the two more I have opened since I went Deluxe.

I only regret that I purchased so many non-refundable eStore points immediately before you made your announcement. Once these are spent, that's it because i firmly believe this was nothing more than a slap in the face to your most loyal customer base.

I sincerely hope you were not "confused" by this message and a Happy Freaking Webkinz Day to you all.

==========================================

Yes, I had the ill-timing to sock a PILE of real cash into my eStore account in anticipation of those birthstone pets being gone-gone AND had planned to open the FIFTH account for them to live in!

Now I feel like I just outfitted Hannibal Lecter's kitchen.

In discussions with Amanda (the manager, not the Panda) I mentioned that the eStore was not all that because as my niece put it, "once it's on your account, you're stuck with it" - you can't trade it, you can't send it to a friend, you can't sell it back to the W-Shop.

She told me how that was actually a good thing because then "nothing could happen to it".

I replied that well, yes that was true because when my niece's account was hijacked just about everything BUT the eStore items was taken and also told her I had called Ganz then and even though they knew EXACTLY who had done it, they would not do anything about it.

Ya know "eStore is great because when someone hacks your account, they can't take it" is not exactly a good selling point in my book...

Call, send a comment. Be nice to the poor underpaid CSRs.
AuntMary57 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #382
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by AuntMary57

Call, send a comment. Be nice to the poor underpaid CSRs.
Very Good advice...
Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #383
StarWhispers
Webkinz :)

StarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

I do not understand why would they get rid of the family plan? That was their most popular plan. Well if there is no family plan then I would have to buy 4 separate plans. 4 separate plans cost 180 dollars. If I got one plan for my child I would have to get each of my 4 children a plan to be fair. Honestly 45 dollars for each of my children is way to expensive. I have to say I do not think the owners of the estore is being fair. Many people can not afford this price jump. Because 1 old Family Plan had 5 accounts that could be put on for 45 dollars. You just would not get the Big prize that came with the single accounts. Well I have to say I can not afford to buy 4 separate accounts so ganz is going to be losing my business, and probably seventeen families that I know of. Well no deluxe for my little ones this year. I wish everyone the best of luck and especially to all of those who will be spending lots of money this year on your littles ones.
StarWhispers is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #384

iamsunshine1978 will become famous soon enough

Exactly. We have already decided we won't renew now no matter what. Enough is enough.

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
You have a great point! This is a bunch of bologna! I am so upset with their constant mind games! It's like they are trying to find something to stir up DRAMA every week! Are you trying to create some roller coaster of highs & lows to keep it "interesting" for us? Is this some new marketing strategy that some over-paid exec learn about at some conference? I am TIRED of wasting my time fighting on here every week just for you to show us basic decency. Is this all just to drum-up more attention to the deluxe option? Afterall, negative attention is better than none at all, right?

"If we take it away & then let them fight & struggle to convince us to bring it back, they will scoop it up as quick as they can!"

I'm not even sure if I want to renew now, even if they do us the HUGE favor of bringing back the family option. Here's an idea - you keep your completely valueless pixels and I keep my real world money! Now that sounds like a good plan! Thanks for making me think about it Ganz!!

iamsunshine1978 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #385
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

As disappointing as it is, maybe we can all sit back and thank Ganz. I mean, I know I'm going to have an extra $45 in my wallet this year. And at this pace, I'll be saving even more, too, when I no longer purchase any more Webkinz but instead run through my existing supply of bodies. Hmm, I can always use the extra money in my pocket. So maybe I can thank Ganz for this move, AFTER I get over being very disappointed that they would do this to so many members.

Add your voice to as many threads related to this issue as you can. Ganz pays attention, they check multiple forums and read what we have to say. Get your opinions expressed (in a nice way, please) and get your voices heard. The more places they see our displeasure, the better. Use your Facebook and MySpace pages to get your message to Ganz. Do your Twitter accounts. Voice your opinions on multiple webkinz related sites. Ganz can not refuse all the voices we raise together on this. You can visit this link here to get your voices heard also at WP. Remember, you can contact the Estore customer support by phone, email and snail mail.
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #386
uvs Kitties

kittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkittia101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Shame on Ganz! The family membership was the only worthwhile and fun one!
kittia101 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #387

Phoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud of

I had bought the $15 membership because I wanted one of the birthstone pets. Believe it or not, the membership expired today. I had planned to buy a family membership and include my nieces on it as a surprise for them.

So count me in on the ones who will have an extra $45 in their pocket. While I enjoyed some aspects of Deluxe, I was also disappointed that in the Wheel and the Prize Machine I only seemed to get small amounts of cash, food, or that darned purple hat.

So thanks, Ganz, for doing this before I forked over the money for Deluxe. I have defended them in the past for many things because I want them to keep the website running and I do really enjoy it, but I can't see any logical reason to do this. Ticking off your best customers in a down economy? Not smart.
Phoebe's Mom is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #388

sonnyboy44 knows the way
sonnyboy44 knows the way

I was shocked today when I went to renew my Deluxe account!! I can't believe that they canceled the family plan! We have 5 accounts and we really enjoyed the extra jobs, activities and virtual items.I didn't mind so much paying the $45.00 for the family plan, but did Ganz forget all the other items we purchase throughout the year? We have spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on Wenkinz plush pets, outfits, trading cards, figurines, etc, etc.!!! Enough is enough!! We love Webkinz, but we will not be renewing our account. Hopefully others will do the same. What does it really cost Ganz to give us those extra virtual items??? The kids will be very disappointed, but again way too expensive for the average family. Doesn't Ganz want us to spend money on their other products? Not to mention the E-store. We will finish out our memberships and may not adopt anymore pets. Sorry, Ganz, you have gone a little too far this time. No offense to any of my Insider friends, you guys are the best!!
sonnyboy44 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #389
sisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wondersisterbear wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzFrenzy
I can't believe they thought any of us purchased it for the deluxe prize machine and extra dailies! That is just insulting, it is like they read over the websites, saw people writing about how great all those extra dailies were, and then had a brainstorm, "Let's give our customers NOTHING. No monthly gift, no wish token, no estore points and STILL get them to pay us for Deluxe!" Do they really think that little of us? That we can not multiply $2 times 5 and then multiply $10 times 12 and see that it is $120 with no estore points, no monthly gift, just a bunch of cheese and cracker platters and a chance to buy a $12,000KC bed a month earlier than everyone else. So what, you'll get a big wooden roller coaster contraption that can't be removed from the account, takes up a whole yard and you won't receive it till 12 months from now anyway. Do they think we are interested in that? Who would be interested in that? Paying $24 a year to get an extra spin on a wheel? That is just going too far.
I actually kept track of the extra activites for 1 month. My family deluxe just expired and I wanted to see how much we used it and I was always seeing people post , is deluxe worth it?. I tracked and as for the extra job out of 150 opputunies per month we used 41 (mostly me), out of the kinville acdemy 150 classes, we used 21. Out of the daily extra activites, there were on average 210per week (including stuff like free food and quick draws) and we used on average 19 per week. If you took me (mom) out of the equation, the extra dailies would have gotten used less then 5% with me helping the other accounts out, our average was closer to 12-14% still not anything to pay $24 a year for. Gnaz is silly thinking people like being"gold".

I actually hated the gold radio color. I hated that it came on automatically. There was rarely anyone ever in gold to plya with in the tournament arena. It certainly was more of a hassle to have gold the not. We were on the family deluxe for the rares, the gift boxes and the points.
sisterbear is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #390
Gift Guru

outinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonder

Ganz, my dear friend...
You have lost sooooo much $ over this choice! And that "reason" you give for why you changed it, is weak at best!!! If it causes confusion, why cant you simply explain it better? Change the pricing slightly to show a difference between family and single year deluxe. There has to be a better way!!

Im still so upset about this! DH and I were just talking this past weekend about getting THREE new accounts (One for each of our DS's) and getting the family deluxe to cover those three plus two other accounts that our current deluxe doesnt cover. BOTH DH and myself have several accounts and love spending time on WW with each other. We were sooo looking forward to doing the same with our 3 DS's. Heck, my middle sons birthday was YESTERDAY and he asked if he could spend part of his bday $ on a webbie. That will NOT be happening now.

Like I have posted before, I never spent a single dime in the estore until we upgraded to deluxe. Not a single penny. Now with what we get in montly deluxe points, Im always adding to that just to buy this or that. And in turn I find myself buying more and more plushes as well.

Ugg, just ugg.

outinthesun2003 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: