Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #371
Lil Kinz

1webkinznut is an unknown quantity at this point

Thumbs down Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Wow... I totally agree with the "1 step forward -- 2 steps back" thing with regard to Ganz improvements on WW!! With the family deluxe membership no longer an option I will simply go without the deluxe membership alltogether! I would'nt buy deluxe on 5 individual accounts even if I could afford it!!! I don't know how we're going to work this out... We have 2 accounts that are so large that we don't want to adopt anymore pets in order to renew the accounts annually just to keep a basic membership either. Maybe it's just time to stop doing the WW thing... I've been hoping that my daughter would outgrow it anyway (when she's through with it I am too)! This kind of stuff is just becoming more frustrating by the day... It's supposed to be FUN!!! I feel like I'm the definition of "STUPID" at this point for continuing to blow my money on Ganz products!!! I'M READY TO JUMP OFF THE GANZ GREED TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
1webkinznut is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #372
Webkinz :)

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
GANZ are bullies pure and simple. Do a Google search and read some of the vendor relation stories that have transpired with GANZ' sales agents and retailers and you'll see why. Two years back I worked with a company that sold GANZ products and any time the name came up our executive staff all turned very sour. I have recently learned that they have dropped GANZ entirely as one of their suppliers, and several store chains that used to sell GANZ products have done the same.

Now they are trying to bully us, the customers, into buying multiple "Deluxe" memberships since retailers have had enough and are dropping them like rocks. You just watch that they don't respond by making all these really cool items appear ONLY on Deluxe accounts in the Curio Shop, or give out really cool items as Deluxe prizes as a way of saying, "nyaahh nyaahh, look at what you're not getting because you won't renew."

Just like spoiled brats...
I have heard the same nightmare stories from all the local retailers here that sell Ganz products! They are a nightmare to deal with! All the JCPennies store here have stopped carrying WK & it looks like Borders might be threw with their games too. They were already making a killing selling the plushes, then they started selling estore pets (where they don't have the expensive of a plush nor the profit sharing with the retailer) and the estore clothes & furniture (which are just pixels) & deluxe memberships,.... It's almost all pure profit for them! Little manufacturing expense to speak of. So the person on here that was worried that Ganz might going to go under because they are not raking in enough money?? Oh please! Pure greed & straight profits - if they can't keep that company afloat, they are denser than lead!

Bringing forward:

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
You have a great point! This is a bunch of bologna! I am so upset with their constant mind games! It's like they are trying to find something to stir up DRAMA every week! Are you trying to create some roller coaster of highs & lows to keep it "interesting" for us? Is this some new marketing strategy that some over-paid exec learn about at some conference? I am TIRED of wasting my time fighting on here every week just for you to show us basic decency. Is this all just to drum-up more attention to the deluxe option? Afterall, negative attention is better than none at all, right?

"If we take it away & then let them fight & struggle to convince us to bring it back, they will scoop it up as quick as they can!"

I'm not even sure if I want to renew now, even if they do us the HUGE favor of bringing back the family option. Here's an idea - you keep your completely valueless pixels and I keep my real world money! Now that sounds like a good plan! Thanks for making me think about it Ganz!!

SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #373
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by Kenzielemur
Me and my daughter share our account, she has no need to have her own , we have 1 computer, so its not like 2 people can play at once. So I personally think its cheaper for SOME OF US
Nothing that Ganz is offering now is cheaper than before. The only things they have changed is to remove one of the options for families, and to add an additional expense for people who want to spend money on a very limited membership. Nothing has gotten cheaper.
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #374
I should be working!

nucleardan is just really nicenucleardan is just really nice

Wow. I was going to rant on here myself. Looks like I don't need to. I called the estore and lodged a complaint. I think we all need to do the same.

24 bucks a year is not a bad deal for one for what they offer and is great for some.
But now a Family of 5 memberships turns into a $225 nightmare? Why? We don't care about the super special exclusive. It's not like we get a family membership and then wait out our year's subscription without spending any more money on Webbies. We still buy them for gifts and rewards. But to make it unaffordable for larger groups or families is inconsiderate and arrogant.

Call the estore now! Let them know we pay their bills!

Heheh, I guessed I ranted after all........................
nucleardan is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #375

dreamykinz is an unknown quantity at this point

TIME TO RETIRE THE ESTORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collectively, with all the cousins (and their parents), our family has around 75 accounts. and we have all agreed that if the family memberships are retired, then so is the estore.

Please join our family and show Greedy old Ganz that they've gone too far... If no one buys anything from the Estore beginning on Webkinz Day, maybe they'll get the message.

If they really cared about the kids, they would be giving us discounts in this economy, not gouging us!!!
dreamykinz is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #376

diannebee will become famous soon enough

Even at $24 a year, with five accounts I have to buy for - that's WAY too much....sorry, no deluxe this year.
diannebee is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #377

happycats is an unknown quantity at this point

No more Deluxe for us, either. Ganz just lost our $45 per year by ending the family membership. When I first heard about this, I thought they were just adding another membership option. The fact that they are ending what seems to be their most affordable and popular option makes this not only disappointing but a deal breaker. Sorry, Ganz...you lose.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #378
sidereal will become famous soon enough

Add me to the list of those who have called the Ganz eStore to express unhappiness with this change. I also emailed the store to explain why I will be allowing my deluxe status to expire on all family and friends accounts included under my family memberships. I certainly can't pay to cover all of them with individual memberships. I guess I am understanding what people here have meant when they've said the frustration begins to outweigh the fun sometimes. It is a sad day for my family as well.
sidereal is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 04:23 PM   #379
TheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guide

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added

View Post Originally Posted by colliegal
I think it is really rotten that they did away with the family plan. That is the only way a lot of families can afford it. What are they thinking?
Agreed. Bad move Ganz, Baaaaaad move.
TheFlamedance is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #380

diannebee will become famous soon enough

I sent them a tweet...they will probably just ignore it - stinkin' rotten plan...money grubbers. (sorry, venting... I am upset because I won't be able to get Deluxe for my sister anymore. She's in a wheelchair and homebound and webkinz is one of her favorite things to do, especially in the winter months when she REALLY can't get out, even for a quick trip around the park.)
diannebee is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: