Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #341
95 wacky Records!
Gifted

dolphin95 swims in greatness
dolphin95 swims in greatness

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I think that Ganz hits a goldmine IF they can get an entire family involved in WW. When the parents, and the whole family are playing and 'into' it, they shell out the money. By taking away the family plan, the first to drop out of the participation are the parents. That's where the money is, Ganz. It's just a bad business move.
Ganz must have expected a backlash to this, and I bet they feel that they will ride out the initial complaints. I think they must expect that people will then cave in and still spend the extra money anyway. The only way to get them to hear us, is to speak with our wallets when those accounts expire. I hope they hear, and change their minds.
I agree totally. I think they think we will cave and shell up the money when the time comes. We only use four of our five slots now, so we just added a fifth account. Guess we will just let that account fade away now.
dolphin95 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #342
The GTS Works!
Webkinz :)

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

My family plan was just purchased in Feb, and it was our first experience with Deluxe. I had come here to WI to research it, and that was when I joined WI. I got a 1 year membership (family), and a 1 year individual membership, so we have a total of 6 Deluxe accounts in our house. I am thankful that I am OK for a while and do not have to renew to the tune of over $300--YIKES!! I love Deluxe, and do not want to give it up. I am very upset about this turn of events and plan to call Ganz as well. I'm just hoping that they will get this fixed before our renewal rolls around and we have to either shell out big bucks or give up our Deluxe (more likely at that price).

Many of Ganz' decisions do not make sense to me lately...
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #343

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by LaughingLlama
Thank you Ganz for saving me a bunch of money!

In my opinion the old Family Plan was never worth $45. And yes…I did break down and purchase it for my daughter last summer, but I will never renew it again; no matter what.

I don't appreciate a company that plays marketing mind games with its customers; the very people who help pay their salaries. So what's going to happen? They bring it back and everyone will be happy? Shame on Ganz for doing this in the first place. What will it be next? Will they create a fee just to play on Webkinz each year, no matter how many pets you buy in a year?

I have spent an ugly amount of money on Webkinz in the past. I no longer do and will never again spend that kind of money. I don't care if they bring back the Family Plan or not.

Enough is enough!

You have a great point! This is a bunch of bologna! I am so upset with their constant mind games! It's like they are trying to find something to stir up DRAMA every week! Are you trying to create some roller coaster of highs & lows to keep it "interesting" for us? Is this some new marketing strategy that some over-paid exec learn about at some conference? I am TIRED of wasting my time fighting on here every week just for you to show us basic decency. Is this all just to drum-up more attention to the deluxe option? Afterall, negative attention is better than none at all, right?

"If we take it away & then let them fight & struggle to convince us to bring it back, they will scoop it up as quick as they can!"

I'm not even sure if I want to renew now, even if they do us the HUGE favor of bringing back the family option. Here's an idea - you keep your completely valueless pixels and I keep my real world money! Now that sounds like a good plan! Thanks for making me think about it Ganz!!

SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #344

mkh213 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did not know about this!!! What is Ganz thinkink. We just renewed our family deluxe memebership but surfice to say we will not be continuing with all 3 accounts at $45 a piece. NO WAY, I am dissappointed in Ganz, I play with my 3 kids a lot and it is something we enjoy together but no more I am not going to buy the plush either after this. This is an OUTRAGE.
mkh213 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #345
e'r the Gator Nation
Gift Guru

Luckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicness
Luckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicnessLuckylion is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
You have a great point! This is a bunch of bologna! I am so upset with their constant mind games! It's like they are trying to find something to stir up DRAMA every week! Are you trying to create some roller coaster of highs & lows to keep it "interesting" for us? Is this some new marketing strategy that some over-paid exec learn about at some conference? I am TIRED of wasting my time fighting on here every week just for you to show us basic decency. Is this all just to drum-up more attention to the deluxe option? Afterall, negative attention is better than none at all, right?

"If we take it away & then let them fight & struggle to convince us to bring it back, they will scoop it up as quick as they can!"

I'm not even sure if I want to renew now, even if they do us the HUGE favor of bringing back the family option. Here's an idea - you keep your completely valueless pixels and I keep my real world money! Now that sounds like a good plan! Thanks for making me think about it Ganz!!

I could not have put it better myself! I studied marketing and advertising and this whole thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth. Watch them bring it back and then laugh all the way to the bank when we run to renew deluxe. I'm with you.......I DO NOT want to renew it again now. I don't feel like buying any more plushes or e-store items either. All the fun and pleasure has been taken away. Good going Ganz.
Luckylion is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #346

junebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is very upsetting. I love the family plan as it allows me to get the membership for everyone. I think this is a terrible move. I think the Ganz E store sould be renamed the GREED STORE. I have been watching as Ganz just keeps adding and adding to the Estore and their ability to sell pixels for an outragous amount of money. Now the one thing I coudl enjoy is gone. I have left other sites because they became to greedy and it anoys me to no end. Thanks for nothign Ganz....
junebugwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #347
pbear007

SilverSurfer is on a distinguished road

I just lodged a formal complaint with Ganz customer service. Thanks for providing the toll free number. The operator was very courteous and said that they were aware how unhappy the Webkinz community was. I would encourage everyone to make a formal complaint over the phone and let them know how far reaching this decision to drop the Deluxe Family membership is. There was no wait time, which was nice.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #348

candygirl44 is an unknown quantity at this point

By not having the family membership i will have to pay$225. for my family So my account will have to do with out. Everyone call and let them know how you feel. We can make a difference. 1-888/ 818-8770
Old 04-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #349
I'm a rainbow-sparky

rainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledgerainbowsparks97 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I have 56 Webkinz. I just did the math, and I have spent over $700, only counting the Webkinz I have bought, and excluding all of the countless other things i have bought at the eStore. That's a lot of dough! I do not want to pay more just to get less of what I used to have. My dad and I really enjoy Webkinz. We have a family plan, and we love the added benefits that we get from being Deluxe. But taking the benefits away is just plain mean.
rainbowsparks97 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #350

candygirl44 is an unknown quantity at this point

call call call every day we can make a difference

please do not use red ink as it reserved for staff~COWS4YOU

Last edited by COWS4YOU; 04-28-2010 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: removed red ink
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: