Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #311
Webkinz :)

nightsdream is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I really fail to see how anyone at ganz could have thought this move would make them more money... No matter how you look at it an army of angry & discouraged customers only equal out to much less profits and a bad move on their part... I mean who in their right mind thinks someone will pay $200+ for something that was a mere $45 a year ago... I could easily understand them making the Family option a bit more expensive (maybe $60-$70)~ but just dropping it all together doesn't add up to any amount of sensible logic...

And indeed if the "true" reason for dropping the family plan was to avoid confusion, then perhaps Ganz should just state more clearly the exact differences and rules concerning the Family plan... Instead of having everything in fine print, have a nice bold list of all the frequent questions they've been getting available for one to read before they purchase it.

Let's all just hope Ganz comes to their senses and realizes that this is a pretty bad move and brings back the family option. If not I guess I'll just have to explain to the kids in November (when our deluxe expires) that there's no more "extras" because we can't afford to spend the extra $$$ on something they can't hold in their hands.
nightsdream is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #312
VeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of lightVeronicaGee is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by donkeyluv
Although I am not happy with the removal of the family plan (I will not be renewing ours), I am a little tired of people assuming that Ganz is some terrible, money hungry machine, that doesn't give a hoot about children. The truth of the matter is that the entire economy is down, and businesses everywhere are doing their best to keep afloat. I would rather Ganz think of ways to increase revenue to keep the site up, than make everything free and have NO site at all.
Wow, I can't see your logic. Everything free? Like the 5 year anniversary hat party pack? Like virtual pets at $12.50 a pop that they churn out 3 or 4 a month? Exclusive furniture at $8 and "value" packs costing $22? I'd be laughing if it wasn't so greedy.

At one point, I was spending $150 on average per month on WK items, including clothing and trading cards. I just don't do that anymore because it feels wrong when every other game my kids plays online cost so much less and they get a lot more.

I still enjoy WK but now it seems I play against Ganz; try to get the best value and resist what is a big waste of hard earned cash.
VeronicaGee is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #313
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by AuntMary57
Ganz is well aware what WI is...
They sure do. They use this site as an alert device to fix glitches that might work in our favour. Also they have robbed several ideas from WI members who suggest things in threads here. We essentially do their work for them.

Besides a year or so ago I was online with a CSR about problem's in my family's account, and she admitted outright that they read this forum.
likmfurry is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #314

CMV_W is on a distinguished road

I can't believe being a family game place where everyone gets to enjoy webkinz that they would want to make it so families will never have deluxe. I am very disappointed too. Please Ganz bring back the family membership! The four of us in our family wont be able to ever be deluxe again. My girls are going to be so sad when our Deluxe runs out. I am not paying $180 dollars to have everyone Deluxe. Even if I just had my girls Deluxe it would be $90 and we have already spent hundereds on pets each so why would I want to spend yet more every year. I will not renew either until they make a new family membership and one that doesn't cut away the nice benifits we had. The could have just made it $50 or $55 for a family so people can stil afford it. We will miss the gift boxes too. I spend money in the estore even on top of what I get per month from the Deluxe so they should think of that also with the option. They could have found another way to make it family affordable. :-(

Very disappionted!!!
Celeste
CMV_W is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #315
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
They sure do. They use this site as an alert device to fix glitches that might work in our favour. Also they have robbed several ideas from WI members who suggest things in threads here. We essentially do their work for them.

Besides a year or so ago I was online with a CSR about problem's in my family's account, and she admitted outright that they read this forum.
I've called up there and they flat-out told me to "check the Insider" for an answer!

Insider member calls Ganz for an answer and gets told by Ganz to check the Insider...

like one of those snakes swallowing its tail...

Call and let them KNOW you're WI!
AuntMary57 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #316
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader
>.< Guess I won't be getting Deluxe then.. Good job GANZ.
And i won't be renewing mine, Unless they bring back family deluxe plan.

Bye bye deluxe
Everyone keep it up with contacting ganz. I hope they rethink it..
Attached Images
File Type: jpgfiles.jpg (488.7 KB, 9 views)
celinab123 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #317
Gift Guru

myJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter covered
myJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter covered

View Post Originally Posted by myJbees
While I think making a less expensive plan available in order to include more players is a lovely idea, I am completely disgusted by the retirement of the family plan. For a parent with more than one child who loves WW, the family plan was a wonderful blessing!

We have been deluxe members since inception, but we will not be renewing next year --and we will discontinue any eStore purchases. Our involvement in WW will decrease as well, since the company is becoming less and less parent-minded where cost is concerned.

I do not agree with an increase in the cost of the family plan -- $45 was a fair amount if you had five accounts to register.

I understand that the company has to make money to continue to do business and be competitive, but Ganz has proven consistently that they have wonderfully creative teams who develop super products and ideas for the site. Revenue can be (and is being) generated in a great variety of ways. The family deluxe membership was a direct, simple way to benefit parents and families.

What a shame, really! I have been thrilled to have WW as a way to teach my little ones how to point and click! They have been so proud to work at dailies and games to earn money for their "save KC accounts" so that they could feed and purchase things for their pets. It has been a joy!

I have written to Ganz and will be calling as well.
PS ~ I just called the eStore (888 ) 818-8770 and spoke to a very kind gentleman named ONeil. I shared my views with him and asked him to pass my comments along to anyone who might take them into consideration. He assured me that he would do so.

Please take the time to write and call if this is important to you ♥mJb
myJbees is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #318
Sabu688

Lip Gloss has a spectacular aura about

I REFUSE to spend $45 for deluxe for just one account.
I will NOT be renewing my deluxe membership when it expires! This makes me want to stop buying anything Webkinz. They just keep changing everything and making things worse for the customers instead of better!
Lip Gloss is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #319

1Aramus is just really nice1Aramus is just really nice

This is just wrong to cancel the deluxe family membership. It would have been nice if Ganz would have given us advance notice they were canceling it. But they would have lost too much $$$ everyone would have renewed ahead of time. Most people are not going to buy multible yearly memberships now. I am very disappointed. It's all about the $$$ and since so many adults are playing on WW everything is focused on the adults with the $$$.
1Aramus is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #320

pennyarizona is an unknown quantity at this point

Thumbs down Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I CAN NOT believe they took away the Family Membership Option!! When you have 3 children that would have been the option to choose. Now there is no way I am going to be able to pay all that extra money for all my kids let alone myself to renew our deluxe membership. (Which with my luck happens to be this May.) That really stinks!! Thanks Webkinz!!
pennyarizona is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: