Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #301
dustysky34
Gift Guru

dustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 
Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by Hawktalon
I think the ENTIRE Deluxe Membership should be retired.

YES!!!!! Lets all be equal's again - I would LOVE that.

Oh but sadly this will not happen deluxe was a cash cow for them - lets hope it turns into a donkeys you know what after this stunt
dustysky is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #302
Webkinz :)
Copious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by funwithfamily
I agree with the value, but I know people who cannot afford $45 in one shot. And It's not necessarily cheaper... by getting the monthly points, I ended up spending hundreds more last year because I was in buying mode... I'd pick up more points because I was always a couple of thousand short.

I was hoping to renew with a family plan myself in May... but now I don't plan to be a deluxe customer at all.

For me the love of Webkinz has alot to do with the real world anyway. My dd and I were looking forward to the yearly extravaganza at our local store. We made great memories from the fun experience for the last 2 years... this year no extravaganza! Just the hope of winning a sparkling pegasus on line that's almost impossible to win. At the store we could spin a wheel of wow and win free pets or other prizes and play a real jellybean challenge... and even go mining and win prizes from a real wishing well. Those are the experiences that made webkinz so much fun for my family, and what made webkinz day special. This year is just a disappointment and the deluxe family plan being dropped just adds to the disappointment.
I'm not going to renew any of my Deluxe accounts unless they change it and make the family plan available again. (Hey Ganz, did you notice that you didn't get more money from me by doing this you are going to get less?) I buy estore points 100,000 at a time and I've often wished that I could load more at once instead of needing to make several estore point purchases. There have been a couple of times when I stopped loading my cart only because I didn't feel like typing in all of those codes at once. I would have spent the money without Deluxe but I'm not likely to do that again. It's not that I'm against Ganz making money it's that I refuse to pay that much because it's not worth it and I don't like being treated like I'm stupid. Them giving us the $2.00 per month with fewer bonus options than the $0.75 per month option that includes full access to everything is treating us like we are a bunch of ignorant hayseeds. I understand that it's good for some people because it's less to pay all at once, but I am upset that they are trying to pull a fast one on us. ESPECIALLY on the people who can least afford it.

Oh my gosh, I had better stop. I'm actually really angry.

We have never had extravaganza events here so I never really thought about what people would be missing. I'm sorry that your family is missing out on something so fun this year.
Copious is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #303
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by dustysky
YES!!!!! Lets all be equal's again - I would LOVE that.

Oh but sadly this will not happen deluxe was a cash cow for them - lets hope it turns into a donkeys you know what after this stunt
That would be great!

I think after retiring the family deluxe plan, it's already almost there.
celinab123 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #304
this2ilove

i♥lovethis wears the mantle of perfection with gracei♥lovethis wears the mantle of perfection with gracei♥lovethis wears the mantle of perfection with gracei♥lovethis wears the mantle of perfection with gracei♥lovethis wears the mantle of perfection with gracei♥lovethis wears the mantle of perfection with gracei♥lovethis wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Because we recently subscribed to the family membership...I decided we would spend a chunk of change at the e-store this weekend. (though I was upset that there is no extravaganza in the stores this year)

With this news, I will not be spending the the money on e-store points and will not renew the membership when it's up. Guess it's time to move on to something new
i♥lovethis is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #305
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

>.< Guess I won't be getting Deluxe then.. Good job GANZ.
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #306
sara9894

sara9894 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by donkeyluv
Although I am not happy with the removal of the family plan (I will not be renewing ours), I am a little tired of people assuming that Ganz is some terrible, money hungry machine, that doesn't give a hoot about children. The truth of the matter is that the entire economy is down, and businesses everywhere are doing their best to keep afloat. I would rather Ganz think of ways to increase revenue to keep the site up, than make everything free and have NO site at all.
I respect your opinion, but it's hard to not look at Ganz in that light. Yes, the economy is down and businesses are doing what they can to stay open, but usually that means offering an incentive for customers to visit them, not twisting things around to make it less affordable for their customers.

Look at restaurants. There are so many "buy one entree, get a free appetizer" or "buy one entree, get one free" not to mention everywhere seems to have a "two for $20" deal. The point is, they're giving their customers something free to get them in the door where the management knows they'll spend a little extra (ie. "Well, I got a free entree, so maybe I'll spring for dessert!").

Ganz has done the opposite. They offer a great deal in the family plan, and now, when customers can use it most, they take it away and offer something that costs many times more as a replacement. That's not dealing with the economy and trying to stay afloat; that's outright greed.
sara9894 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #307
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by mlh
TO ANYONE WHO IS NOT HAPPY THAT THE FAMILY PLAN HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED:

Call the Ganz estore at 1-888-818-8770 and ask for Amanda (the manager). Tell her your concerns and how this will effect you and your relationship with Webkinz (for example, will not be able to afford deluxe membership in the future, etc.). Please be polite and to the point - it was not Amanda's decision! Amanda will then forward your views to the "proper department." Amanda will ask if she can forward your e-mail too. Kids: have your parents call.

Amanda said that the decision was made because the Family Membership was confusing to people! I am sure that was what she was told to say. I do not agree. She did say that, if you renewed your family membership previously, your credit card would not be automatically charged in the future (how could it be because that plan no longer exists) so people can stop worrying about that.

One of the things that I pointed out was that the $36 I recieved yearly for the estore encouraged me to spend way more than that amount of my own money there.

Hope that enough people call Ganz and they (he?) might reconsider. There are too many sites springing up that are in direct competition with Webkinz. I think Webkinz is great and would hate to see it lose people--which I think it might. There are many, many families who all have individual accounts and the increased financial burden might be too much.

REMEMBER: BE POLITE!
Call the Ganz estore at 1-888-818-8770, be polite and ask for Amanda (the manager).

Be prepared to wait
but when you get Amanda (who is neither a Ganz nor a Panda) make sure you tell her you are a WI member!

Ganz is well aware what WI is...
AuntMary57 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #308
westiemom
Gift Guru

kandym has a spectacular aura about

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Gwenda
Riiggghhtt

i also would rather the site than not
Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #309
dustysky34
Gift Guru

dustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by AuntMary57
(who is neither a Ganz nor a Panda)
Ganz is well aware what WI is...
LOL! Thanks I think we all needed a laugh
dustysky is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #310
Gift Guru

myJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter covered
myJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter coveredmyJbees is glitter covered

While I think making a less expensive plan available in order to include more players is a lovely idea, I am completely disgusted by the retirement of the family plan. For a parent with more than one child who loves WW, the family plan was a wonderful blessing!

We have been deluxe members since inception, but we will not be renewing next year --and we will discontinue any eStore purchases. Our involvement in WW will decrease as well, since the company is becoming less and less parent-minded where cost is concerned.

I do not agree with an increase in the cost of the family plan -- $45 was a fair amount if you had five accounts to register.

I understand that the company has to make money to continue to do business and be competitive, but Ganz has proven consistently that they have wonderfully creative teams who develop super products and ideas for the site. Revenue can be (and is being) generated in a great variety of ways. The family deluxe membership was a direct, simple way to benefit parents and families.

What a shame, really! I have been thrilled to have WW as a way to teach my little ones how to point and click! They have been so proud to work at dailies and games to earn money for their "save KC accounts" so that they could feed and purchase things for their pets. It has been a joy!

I have written to Ganz and will be calling as well.
myJbees is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: