Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #281
pbear007
Webkinz :)

SilverSurfer is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Actually this is a pretty big rip off. If you have multiple accounts like my family you go from 45 dollars to potentially 225 dollars. Not a very good deal for the consumer.
Pretty much a bad deal for everyone but Ganz. Kind of like e-store pets no plushy for you but they make 3 times the profit.
I am not surprised by this move but don't think I can afford to go Deluxe next year and I think I will be cutting down on my Webby world purchases since it is all about the bucks and not about family fun!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #282

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I would like to suggest to all those who have or are involved with Autistic children to start "weeniing" them off now. The writing's on the wall. Ganz has shown time & time again recently that they do NOT care about the kids that means they could do anything INCLUDING shutting down Webkinz with out notice whenever thy feel like it!!
Gwenda is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #283

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by melnicjus
This is posted on Webkinz News:

Join in the fun and let’s try to make Webkinz the most talked about topic on Twitter! Happy Webkinz Day!
Oh, I'll help make Webkinz the most talked about topic on Twitter but not the way the Creative Director wants.

You know, I can't even log into my accounts this morning to do dailies or any of the "fun Webkinz Day events" and I don't even care about the Webkinz Day Gift Box in my Asian accounts. I feel like I've been chewing on sand since I've read about this fiasco shortly after midnight.

Someone mentioned a "happiness balloon being burst" and mine is in pieces all over the floor. I've already pre-ordered and pre-paid for all of May's pets, I've already bought the Taurus Bull and for that I can't get my money back AND my Annual Single Membership was due for renewal on May 1st and my Family Membership the month after but no more.

I've drawn my line in the sand, now I just have to get the taste of it out of my mouth.
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #284

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by donkeyluv
Although I am not happy with the removal of the family plan (I will not be renewing ours), I am a little tired of people assuming that Ganz is some terrible, money hungry machine, that doesn't give a hoot about children. The truth of the matter is that the entire economy is down, and businesses everywhere are doing their best to keep afloat. I would rather Ganz think of ways to increase revenue to keep the site up, than make everything free and have NO site at all.
Riiggghhtt
Gwenda is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #285
jennbugs

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

As much money as Ganz has made off of eStore and plushies they are trying to stay afloat? My family alone has spent roughly over $500 bucks this year so far and that is only at retail outlets. That figure may be more. I am sure that there are some on this site that have spent more than that. Tighten the rope and feel the squeeze!
jennbugs73 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #286
Happy to be
Gifted

GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!

I forgot to mention that the rep I talked to said that these complaint calls about the Family Deluxe seem to be all they are getting today and that there are a lot of upset people letting Ganz know how they feel.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Call Ganz E Store Customer service and let them know that this is a bad decision.

I'm reluctantly on board with whoever said they'd be willing to pay a little more for the Family Deluxe- I could see raising the cost to $50. Maybe having it priced differently would help prevent "confusion." :p
GlynnisI is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #287
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by GlynnisI
I forgot to mention that the rep I talked to said that these complaint calls about the Family Deluxe seem to be all they are getting today and that there are a lot of upset people letting Ganz know how they feel.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Call Ganz E Store Customer service and let them know that this is a bad decision.

I'm reluctantly on board with whoever said they'd be willing to pay a little more for the Family Deluxe- I could see raising the cost to $50. Maybe having it priced differently would help prevent "confusion." :p
Maybe they will change their minds.

I'll be calling them as soon as i can.
celinab123 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #288
funwithfamily

funwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by funwithfamily
While I like the idea of $2 per month for a single month membership, there's no point in that for me because I wanted to renew to get the gift box... Would it hurt Ganz to give a the gift box to it's faithful customers who may not have the money to pay all at once?
View Post Originally Posted by Copious
At first I thought that was a good option for people too, until I broke it all down. I posted this earlier. I'm going to copy it so I don't have to type it all out again.

If a person pays the $45 per year for a single membership they get the full membership bonus which includes $3.00 in estore points each month and that brings the monthly total for an individual membership to $0.75 per month per account. Why are we suppose to feel good about paying $2.00 per month for limited account benefits?

I always thought that the family membership deal was extremely good. After the $3.00 estore point bonus was awarded it was only $0.15 per month per account. I was kind of expecting a rate increase this year but I was not expecting to have to pay $225 for what cost me $45 last year. If they raised the price a bit I would actually understand it. If they made it $60 for a family membership it would be understandable and it would still be an amazing deal. After the monthly points were given out it would still only be $0.40 per account per month. More money for Ganz but still a fair deal for us.

Ganz has a right to charge what they want for their products but as a customer I have the right to refuse to buy it and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I've been a huge estore fan and Ganz supporter. I think they should not only pay attention to how many customers are going to walk away from them over this but which customers are walking away. My list of estore transactions is 14 pages long and almost every transaction has multiple purchases on it. I have spent thousands of dollars on estore stuff but I am rethinking that now.

Give it back to us Ganz and just word your site more plainly if "customer confusion" really is the reason. this change just isn't working for me.
I agree with the value, but I know people who cannot afford $45 in one shot. And It's not necessarily cheaper... by getting the monthly points, I ended up spending hundreds more last year because I was in buying mode... I'd pick up more points because I was always a couple of thousand short.

I was hoping to renew with a family plan myself in May... but now I don't plan to be a deluxe customer at all.

For me the love of Webkinz has alot to do with the real world anyway. My dd and I were looking forward to the yearly extravaganza at our local store. We made great memories from the fun experience for the last 2 years... this year no extravaganza! Just the hope of winning a sparkling pegasus on line that's almost impossible to win. At the store we could spin a wheel of wow and win free pets or other prizes and play a real jellybean challenge... and even go mining and win prizes from a real wishing well. Those are the experiences that made webkinz so much fun for my family, and what made webkinz day special. This year is just a disappointment and the deluxe family plan being dropped just adds to the disappointment.
funwithfamily is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #289

inncntgurl will become famous soon enough

Red face Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

WOW im like shocked. NO FAMILY PLAN? are you SERIOUS? big bad idea ganz. LUCKILY, i already purchased it so i get my deluxe for my second year... guess there is NO HOPE for me playing webkinz much after that. they really should bring that option back because they are gonna lose ALOT of money. seriously. wow. question is.. is ganz gonna fix this now or wait til next year when everyone is off deluxe to care.. or even care at all? .. this is the first "game" i've ever put money into to play and my mom is involved and owns even more then i do.. and we literally spend WAYYY too much money on this stuff.. after this ends well....i guess we will have to find something else to play cuz webkinz will get boring with only the main stuff. =( so sad!! ....yikes.. i think i might wait a year before i tell my mom about this. she is soo not gonna be happy. and by the way ganz.. it was hard enough to get $45 for the yearly for our 4 accounts (we used to just have two last year)... we spend so much on webkinz alone.. not to mention estore pets.... and the 45 itself was so hard to talk into.. you are losing all hope ganz... =(
inncntgurl is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #290

Fabumouse is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by donkeyluv
.. The truth of the matter is that the entire economy is down, and businesses everywhere are doing their best to keep afloat. I would rather Ganz think of ways to increase revenue to keep the site up, than make everything free and have NO site at all.
While that is an excellent point, business insider estimates the company to be worth 2 billion american dollars.

2 Billion.

If you read information about some of the lawsuits against Ganz in the past, you will see that the claims of greed and coercion are well founded.

Few companies are run with the altruism as the end goal, but it's crucial to have expectations and act accordingly.

And now I'm off to write *my* letter of complaint.
Fabumouse is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: