Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #271
SillieBunny
Gift Guru

SillieGoosie is a WI addict!
SillieGoosie is a WI addict!SillieGoosie is a WI addict!SillieGoosie is a WI addict!SillieGoosie is a WI addict!SillieGoosie is a WI addict!SillieGoosie is a WI addict!SillieGoosie is a WI addict!SillieGoosie is a WI addict!

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by melnicjus
This is posted on Webkinz News:

It’s Webkinz World’s 5th Anniversary and we want to celebrate by having our very first Twitter Party!
Sign in to Twitter between 8 pm and 9 pm EST on April 29, 2010 and follow the hash tag #webkinzday!
Our Creative Director will be online throughout the party ready to answer your questions! Just send your tweets to @webkinz and he’ll get back to as many as he can!
And what would a party be without prizes? We’ll be giving away Feature Codes and Pet Codes to lucky members who join in the fun!
While the party is for everyone, Webkinz members under the age of 13 should ask their parents to join the party and convey their questions for them.
Join in the fun and let’s try to make Webkinz the most talked about topic on Twitter! Happy Webkinz Day!

I bet they are fishing for compliments and that is not what they will be getting !!
Well this ought to be interesting.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #272
funwithfamily
Webkinz :)

funwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to beholdfunwithfamily is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

While I like the idea of $2 per month for a single month membership, there's no point in that for me because I wanted to renew to get the gift box... Would it hurt Ganz to give a the gift box to it's faithful customers who may not have the money to pay all at once?
funwithfamily is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #273

gage03blue will become famous soon enough

WOW.. Why retire it? So I have to buy 3 reg deluxe acct. Yeah the 2 dollar thing is nice but you don't get the gift or extra's. My kids will be so upset when there membership is NOT renewed...
gage03blue is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #274
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

NO Family Membership? What am I suppost to do?

I have many lil rockers that I have on a family plan PLUS all of my accounts too.

How am I supposed to renew all of those accounts according to the new guidelines?

I like the idea of allowing a way for minimal membership......but why take away loyal large family customers?????
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #275
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
NO Family Membership? What am I suppost to do?

I have many lil rockers that I have on a family plan PLUS all of my accounts too.

How am I supposed to renew all of those accounts according to the new guidelines?

I like the idea of allowing a way for minimal membership......but why take away loyal large family customers?????
It's all about the money
Ganz does not care about what we think.
But it is a huge disappointment for everyone who has the family membership.
celinab123 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 11:14 AM   #276

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
Can't say I didn't see this coming...

Sometimes I feel like some kind of mean parent whenever I read these threads, but I have to re-instate: People- get angry all you want, but remember one thing: GANZ is a corporation and all they care about is MAKING MONEY. PERIOD. They don't care if you spend your last dollar on one of their products or use it to feed your family, but they would prefer they get your money.

Any time you get upset at whatever happens in WW or the eStore.... keep this in mind: WHATEVER GANZ DOES, THEY DO TO SUIT THEMSELVES, NOT YOU. They throw random users a bone now and then to keep them coming back, because even though this site was initially intended for kids, they use the same principles for gambling addiction to keep you coming back to spend more money. Well look at it: Prize wheels (gambling), bingo games (gambling), dice games (gambling), gem hunt + star challenge + fairy forest + balloon darts (gambling), scratch tickets (gambling).... you get the picture. Teaching kids to gamble and "hope they win (but probably won't)", and hooking adults into the need for quick gratification by providing small meaningless venues for this to happen.

Also one more thing: YOU DON'T EVER "BUY" ANYTHING FROM THE eSTORE... YOU ONLY PAY TO RENT IT. Because as soon as the website is down you have absolutely nothing in hand to show for your money, therefore you are only renting these pixels as long as the company is operative. They have created all this imaginary merchandise and people are paying for it like fools. GANZ are masters of marketing and business hype.

So what can you do? Resist the urge to run to the checkout counter or credit card payment screen whenever you see something new on the Kinzville Newz section. Make sure it's something you REALLY can justify doling out your hard-earned cash for, rather than sending GANZ's kids to private schools in their own cars with their own condos... because that's what it works out to.

My family has allowed our so-called "Deluxe" memberships to lapse. We received tons of notifications from GANZ to renew but we decided that we are just getting more chances at winning nothing in these additional Deluxe activities and getting pixels that we can't use when the website goes down for maintenance (which is often). So we are paying for more chances at more disappointment... who needs this? We want fun.

The writing is on the wall... on every Webkinz tag it clearly states, "GANZ reserves the right to discontinue the website at any time without prior notice." This translates to, "When we have made all our money we will simply shut the door and walk away from the site, no questions asked."

When I see decisions like this Deluxe Membership thing, I wonder if they're just not trying to create a situation where users get angry, their net revenue goes down, and they say, "Well, the site is no longer profitable, see you all later."

Sorry for the rant- but it's worth opening your eyes and seeing this company and website for what it's worth.
Ok, this is just going way to far Ganz!! My BF & I were reluctant to split the family membership over our 2 & his 3 kids accounts last year & were debating whether to even continue this year, but the family plan made it at lest somewhat reasonable to the point we probably would have opted to renew. But if you think we are going to shell out 5x as much money for the same thing, you have another thing coming! IT WON'T HAPPEN! And if I can't have extra estore points to spend & access to deluxe exclusive pets & monthly gift items & early access to new rares...., well, I don't see ANY point in continuing to waste ANY more of our TIME & MONEY (& stress) on Webkinz at ALL! This is a crock! After all the stress this past week that WK has caused in our lives, this is just the final straw!! You got really lucky and stumbled into a gold mine selling non-existent images for loads of cash, but now that's just not enough anymore, is it? Your bottomless greed lately is disgusting us! I had a huge laundry list of WK things I planned on buying this week, but now you can keep them all! What's the point? You are just going to continue to make things more expensive and less accessible (like the Sparkling Pegasus.)

I am going to use my MONEY to buy lot of tangible real world items that I can enjoy even after 2am & after your company goes down & taking all the money we so foolishly wasted up to this point with it. And I am also going to reclaim all the TIME you have stole out of my everyday and reinvest it into MY REAL LIFE! We'll keep our accounts until they expire for the kids to play on, & maybe renew the main accounts with a $2.99 Walgreen pet (already bought) once a year, but no more "must have many of the new pets," "shell out $50 at the Estore for fake stuff," and run my entire day around when PJ will offer a special clothing item or slaving for hours trying to make enough Kinzcash to buy 18 of all the new, expensive rares, etc. You've gone too far Ganz! If you're trying to lose your best customers, this is a great plan!!

BTW - I called too and explained to the rep gal that I was not upset with her (because she just answers the phone & is not a part of the extremely poor decision-making), but I think it is very important that she passed our anger & disgust along to "the powers that be."

SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #277
Copious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by funwithfamily
While I like the idea of $2 per month for a single month membership, there's no point in that for me because I wanted to renew to get the gift box... Would it hurt Ganz to give a the gift box to it's faithful customers who may not have the money to pay all at once?
At first I thought that was a good option for people too, until I broke it all down. I posted this earlier. I'm going to copy it so I don't have to type it all out again.

If a person pays the $45 per year for a single membership they get the full membership bonus which includes $3.00 in estore points each month and that brings the monthly total for an individual membership to $0.75 per month per account. Why are we suppose to feel good about paying $2.00 per month for limited account benefits?

I always thought that the family membership deal was extremely good. After the $3.00 estore point bonus was awarded it was only $0.15 per month per account. I was kind of expecting a rate increase this year but I was not expecting to have to pay $225 for what cost me $45 last year. If they raised the price a bit I would actually understand it. If they made it $60 for a family membership it would be understandable and it would still be an amazing deal. After the monthly points were given out it would still only be $0.40 per account per month. More money for Ganz but still a fair deal for us.

Ganz has a right to charge what they want for their products but as a customer I have the right to refuse to buy it and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I've been a huge estore fan and Ganz supporter. I think they should not only pay attention to how many customers are going to walk away from them over this but which customers are walking away. My list of estore transactions is 14 pages long and almost every transaction has multiple purchases on it. I have spent thousands of dollars on estore stuff but I am rethinking that now.

Give it back to us Ganz and just word your site more plainly if "customer confusion" really is the reason. this change just isn't working for me.
Copious is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #278
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by melnicjus
This is posted on Webkinz News:

It’s Webkinz World’s 5th Anniversary and we want to celebrate by having our very first Twitter Party!
Sign in to Twitter between 8 pm and 9 pm EST on April 29, 2010 and follow the hash tag #webkinzday!
Our Creative Director will be online throughout the party ready to answer your questions! Just send your tweets to @webkinz and he’ll get back to as many as he can!
And what would a party be without prizes? We’ll be giving away Feature Codes and Pet Codes to lucky members who join in the fun!
While the party is for everyone, Webkinz members under the age of 13 should ask their parents to join the party and convey their questions for them.
Join in the fun and let’s try to make Webkinz the most talked about topic on Twitter! Happy Webkinz Day!

I bet they are fishing for compliments and that is not what they will be getting !!
Well they can bite my twits for all I am concerned.

I just got off the phone with Amanda...and I was verrah verrah POLITE to her.

I told her to get a big glass of water (or anything else Canada might offer) because she was about to hear it from WI...

Nice young woman and I let her know I knew she was not Amanda Ganz or she would not be on the other end of the phone..

I also let her know that WI was...perturbed (actually another word starting with p) about this whole thing.

She said that the majority of the consumer base was not as well-versed in WW as we are.

I countered with, "Yes, but most of WI is the cream of your consumer base...buying not only Deluxe, but socking plenty more money into the eStore"

I invited her to look at my eStore account (which she was gonna do anyway).

Money talks, my WI peeps...CALL.

Let them know just what kind of real cash you are spending and just what kind of real cash they are losing.

Any company (with good sense) looks at their "Top-tier" customers.

I asked if they would prefer having a consumer base of nothing but the people who couldn't figure out $45 x5 was more than $45. The ones who buy one pet a year...

I also asked just how much they paid those CSRs to answer the questions of the "confused" and if I should move to Canada to become a Ganz CSR! She suggest that I not.

Make your voices heard WI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by AuntMary57; 04-28-2010 at 11:32 AM..
AuntMary57 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #279

donkeyluv is a glorious beacon of lightdonkeyluv is a glorious beacon of lightdonkeyluv is a glorious beacon of light

Although I am not happy with the removal of the family plan (I will not be renewing ours), I am a little tired of people assuming that Ganz is some terrible, money hungry machine, that doesn't give a hoot about children. The truth of the matter is that the entire economy is down, and businesses everywhere are doing their best to keep afloat. I would rather Ganz think of ways to increase revenue to keep the site up, than make everything free and have NO site at all.
donkeyluv is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #280
Happy to be
Gifted

GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!

I just finished talking with Ganz estore customer service. She promised to pass on my feedback: "I"m done spending money at your E-store unless you restore the Family Deluxe option." I opted to give her my email address so she could reference just how much (it's embarassing!) I've spent at the Estore this year.

I asked her to explain the "confusion" excuse (their reason for dropping the Family option) and she said that people kept calling with questions like "can I add a new account to my family plan?", etc. I suggested they simply work on their communication and that just dropping the Family Deluxe option was a lazy and greedy-looking solution and a BAD idea. I was polite, of course. It's not the CS rep's fault. But I was firm and I meant what I said. This is a deal breaker for me.

I hope they change their minds on this. Else, I'm done. I'll do as I've seen others do in the past and have our first pet don his costly Santa costume, go to the trading room and give away any of our collection that my son doesn't want to keep and wash my hands of Webkinz World. It will turn, for me, back into what it probably should have been: a child's game.

This is a sad/bad day for me.
GlynnisI is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: