Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #261
soebled2
Gift Guru

lamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guide

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I also realized that with the extra accounts I created to fully utilize the family deluxe plan, I also bought KinzClips and magic mire and fairy forest charms and figures as well for these accounts.
lamb is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #262
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by evlangelfire89
i thought ganz was all about making money? dont they realize that this isnt really gonna get more money because of all they customers they will lose w/ the family membership... Me and my bf had the family membership but he doesnt play anymore and I keep up his account... I cant afford to buy 2 memberships by myself... I was also gonna add my nephew's account on wen I renewed but I guess not... >:-(
Exactly. They are just losing money on this.
celinab123 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #263
kats2003
Webkinz :)

kats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
Can't say I didn't see this coming...

Sometimes I feel like some kind of mean parent whenever I read these threads, but I have to re-instate: People- get angry all you want, but remember one thing: GANZ is a corporation and all they care about is MAKING MONEY. PERIOD. They don't care if you spend your last dollar on one of their products or use it to feed your family, but they would prefer they get your money.

Any time you get upset at whatever happens in WW or the eStore.... keep this in mind: WHATEVER GANZ DOES, THEY DO TO SUIT THEMSELVES, NOT YOU. They throw random users a bone now and then to keep them coming back, because even though this site was initially intended for kids, they use the same principles for gambling addiction to keep you coming back to spend more money. Well look at it: Prize wheels (gambling), bingo games (gambling), dice games (gambling), gem hunt + star challenge + fairy forest + balloon darts (gambling), scratch tickets (gambling).... you get the picture. Teaching kids to gamble and "hope they win (but probably won't)", and hooking adults into the need for quick gratification by providing small meaningless venues for this to happen. You remember those junky carnival games in the mall parking lots when you were a kid? There were dozens of these huge teddy bears around the balloon dart board, but it seems you could spend hundreds of dollars and never win one... why not? Are you just unlucky? Are there no large teddy prizes behind there at all? Are you just hitting the wrong targets? GANZ works on this same principle.

Also one more thing: YOU DON'T EVER "BUY" ANYTHING FROM THE eSTORE... YOU ONLY PAY TO RENT IT. Because as soon as the website is down you have absolutely nothing in hand to show for your money, therefore you are only renting these pixels as long as the company is operative. They have created all this imaginary merchandise and people are paying for it like fools. GANZ are masters of marketing and business hype.

So what can you do? Resist the urge to run to the checkout counter or credit card payment screen whenever you see something new on the Kinzville Newz section. Make sure it's something you REALLY can justify doling out your hard-earned cash for, rather than sending GANZ's kids to private schools in their own cars with their own condos... because that's what it works out to.

My family has allowed our so-called "Deluxe" memberships to lapse. We received tons of notifications from GANZ to renew but we decided that we are just getting more chances at winning nothing in these additional Deluxe activities and getting pixels that we can't use when the website goes down for maintenance (which is often). So we are paying for more chances at more disappointment... who needs this? We want fun.

The writing is on the wall... on every Webkinz tag it clearly states, "GANZ reserves the right to discontinue the website at any time without prior notice." This translates to, "When we have made all our money we will simply shut the door and walk away from the site, no questions asked."

When I see decisions like this Deluxe Membership thing, I wonder if they're just not trying to create a situation where users get angry, their net revenue goes down, and they justify themselves by saying, "Well, the site is no longer profitable, see you all later."

Sorry for the rant- but it's worth opening your eyes and seeing this company and website for what it's worth.
Very well written and exactly right
kats07 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #264
GO SAINTS!!!!
Gifted

evlangelfire89 is just really niceevlangelfire89 is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by celinab123
Exactly. They are just losing money on this.
maybe we can cross our fingers that eventually they will realize this and bring back the family membership
evlangelfire89 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #265
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

Ok so I just read the thread and read a bunch of the posts. I WILL NOT BE getting deluxe after it is over in October. I am not happy!
rollingfur is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #266

melnicjus is a jewel in the roughmelnicjus is a jewel in the rough

This is posted on Webkinz News:

It’s Webkinz World’s 5th Anniversary and we want to celebrate by having our very first Twitter Party!
Sign in to Twitter between 8 pm and 9 pm EST on April 29, 2010 and follow the hash tag #webkinzday!
Our Creative Director will be online throughout the party ready to answer your questions! Just send your tweets to @webkinz and he’ll get back to as many as he can!
And what would a party be without prizes? We’ll be giving away Feature Codes and Pet Codes to lucky members who join in the fun!
While the party is for everyone, Webkinz members under the age of 13 should ask their parents to join the party and convey their questions for them.
Join in the fun and let’s try to make Webkinz the most talked about topic on Twitter! Happy Webkinz Day!

I bet they are fishing for compliments and that is not what they will be getting !!
melnicjus is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #267
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by evlangelfire89
maybe we can cross our fingers that eventually they will realize this and bring back the family membership
Let's all hope.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #268
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by melnicjus
I bet they are fishing for compliments and that is not what they will be getting !!
They are luring you in with the promise of potentially winning more digital stuff to provide them feedback that they can use to create more WW features that will cost you additional $$. Why else would they even care what you think?
likmfurry is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #269
Gifted

Diawnie is a splendid one to beholdDiawnie is a splendid one to beholdDiawnie is a splendid one to beholdDiawnie is a splendid one to behold

Wow....my lil ones will most certainly cry when they hear this. Heck, I am almost to tears. I very rarely get upset...at anything, but this just ruined my whole year. We are horribly poor and I could not possibly afford 2 45$ year memberships. (which is not including my account only, my kids) I have never called Ganz...but today I will. When our accounts run out I will not be logging onto webkinz any longer....nor buying the dozens of "stuffies" we have bought throughout the year. One family membership has cost ganz hundreds of dollors in xmas and birthday toys...not to mention a very loyal customer. Too bad!
/hugs
~Dawn
Diawnie is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 11:01 AM   #270
ღJalleyღ
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by melnicjus
This is posted on Webkinz News:

It’s Webkinz World’s 5th Anniversary and we want to celebrate by having our very first Twitter Party!
Sign in to Twitter between 8 pm and 9 pm EST on April 29, 2010 and follow the hash tag #webkinzday!
Our Creative Director will be online throughout the party ready to answer your questions! Just send your tweets to @webkinz and he’ll get back to as many as he can!
And what would a party be without prizes? We’ll be giving away Feature Codes and Pet Codes to lucky members who join in the fun!
While the party is for everyone, Webkinz members under the age of 13 should ask their parents to join the party and convey their questions for them.
Join in the fun and let’s try to make Webkinz the most talked about topic on Twitter! Happy Webkinz Day!

Well isn't that nice for all of us..

I'll be there for sure..

Thanks for letting us know.
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: