Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #251
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Can't say I didn't see this coming...

Sometimes I feel like some kind of mean parent whenever I read these threads, but I have to re-instate: People- get angry all you want, but remember one thing: GANZ is a corporation and all they care about is MAKING MONEY. PERIOD. They don't care if you spend your last dollar on one of their products or use it to feed your family, but they would prefer they get your money.

Any time you get upset at whatever happens in WW or the eStore.... keep this in mind: WHATEVER GANZ DOES, THEY DO TO SUIT THEMSELVES, NOT YOU. They throw random users a bone now and then to keep them coming back, because even though this site was initially intended for kids, they use the same principles for gambling addiction to keep you coming back to spend more money. Well look at it: Prize wheels (gambling), bingo games (gambling), dice games (gambling), gem hunt + star challenge + fairy forest + balloon darts (gambling), scratch tickets (gambling).... you get the picture. Teaching kids to gamble and "hope they win (but probably won't)", and hooking adults into the need for quick gratification by providing small meaningless venues for this to happen. You remember those junky carnival games in the mall parking lots when you were a kid? There were dozens of these huge teddy bears around the balloon dart board, but it seems you could spend hundreds of dollars and never win one... why not? Are you just unlucky? Are there no large teddy prizes behind there at all? Are you just hitting the wrong targets? GANZ works on this same principle.

Also one more thing: YOU DON'T EVER "BUY" ANYTHING FROM THE eSTORE... YOU ONLY PAY TO RENT IT. Because as soon as the website is down you have absolutely nothing in hand to show for your money, therefore you are only renting these pixels as long as the company is operative. They have created all this imaginary merchandise and people are paying for it like fools. GANZ are masters of marketing and business hype.

So what can you do? Resist the urge to run to the checkout counter or credit card payment screen whenever you see something new on the Kinzville Newz section. Make sure it's something you REALLY can justify doling out your hard-earned cash for, rather than sending GANZ's kids to private schools in their own cars with their own condos... because that's what it works out to.

My family has allowed our so-called "Deluxe" memberships to lapse. We received tons of notifications from GANZ to renew but we decided that we are just getting more chances at winning nothing in these additional Deluxe activities and getting pixels that we can't use when the website goes down for maintenance (which is often). So we are paying for more chances at more disappointment... who needs this? We want fun.

The writing is on the wall... on every Webkinz tag it clearly states, "GANZ reserves the right to discontinue the website at any time without prior notice." This translates to, "When we have made all our money we will simply shut the door and walk away from the site, no questions asked."

When I see decisions like this Deluxe Membership thing, I wonder if they're just not trying to create a situation where users get angry, their net revenue goes down, and they justify themselves by saying, "Well, the site is no longer profitable, see you all later."

Sorry for the rant- but it's worth opening your eyes and seeing this company and website for what it's worth.

Last edited by likmfurry; 04-28-2010 at 10:50 AM..
likmfurry is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #252
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by crazygirl024
I posted this on the Deluxe thread but thought that I would ask here also. Does everyone show that they are set up to be automatically renewed? I just bought another Family Deluxe membership a couple of weeks ago because ours was about to expire, Now all 5 accounts show that they are set up to be automatically renewed. Do they think they are going to charge me 5 times come next March?
Click the image to open in full size.
View Post Originally Posted by andigirl
My account, that I did not authorize to be able to charge my credit card at will, was ticked yesterday without notice or my consent. My accounts all now look like this. Oh, and as far as being able to manage from your estore account to decline...they have not made that easy either. They want you to jump through hoops, I am assuming they are hoping you will give up and just pay the money.
My accounts do not show this....YET. I renewed my family plan at the beginning of March....but I will certainly keep an eye on this because at NO time did I agree to automatic renewal....and if I had, then it would have been automatic renewal of the SAME PLAN...nothing more and nothing less...and certainly not the increased cost that the same service would entail. I am just sick with this decision...Ganz has officially selected our expiration date...and that will come for our entire family when our deluxe memberships run out!
FroggyDoodle is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #253
Webkinz :)

niobe is on a distinguished road

Oh, wait - the confusion is with US, not Ganz! "Bad, naughty customers. You ask silly questions, so we will make you pay 5 times as much. Now go away and don't bother us any more!"
niobe is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #254
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

Let's just hope Ganz has the heart to read through this thread or listen to our complaints. But with their black wormhole hearts that hunger money, i don't think they will ever resolve this and bring back our Deluxe membership plan. I'll probably try to get a hold of them on the phone later. But apparently our complaints won't do much cause it seems every one is getting the same answer.

They have those automated E-Mail replies and on the phone i have read through this thread and a few others and it seems every one gets the, "I'll pass it along." or the "It's causing confusion." answer.

They really are taking the E-store and their pixelated items over board. I personally think the E-store deluxe is over priced now without the family membership. It's all a scam, The estore. The pets are $12.50. You can go buy a pet with a plush for $5.00 at walgreens.

So really my point is it's all a ploy for the money.
Even though i am mad that they retired the deluxe family membership plan, I refuse to renew all my accounts.
Way too far Ganz.
I won't be buying from the estore for a while.
celinab123 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #255
Love
Gifted

taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!taytertots is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by celinab123
This is exactly what i thought. Lol
They must really think we are stupid.

Even my NINE Year old's first words about this were "they just want more money, don't they have enough from people buying plushies?"
taytertots is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #256

flutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guide

Wink Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
remember one thing: GANZ is a corporation and all they care about is MAKING MONEY. PERIOD. They don't care if you spend your last dollar on one of their products or use it to feed your family, but they would prefer they get your money.

Any time you get upset at whatever happens in WW or the eStore.... keep this in mind: WHATEVER GANZ DOES, THEY DO TO SUIT THEMSELVES, NOT YOU.

Also one more thing: YOU DON'T EVER "BUY" ANYTHING FROM THE eSTORE... YOU ONLY PAY TO RENT IT. Because as soon as the website is down you have absolutely nothing in hand to show for your money, therefore you are only renting these pixels as long as the company is operative.

The writing is on the wall... on every Webkinz tag it clearly states, "GANZ reserves the right to discontinue the website at any time without prior notice." This translates to, "When we have made all our money we will simply shut the door and walk away from the site, no questions asked."

When I see decisions like this Deluxe Membership thing, I wonder if they're just not trying to create a situation where users get angry, their net revenue goes down, and they say, "Well, the site is no longer profitable, see you all later."
This is so rightly stated. Maybe Ganz is pulling their "I'm a spoiled little rich kid and am bored with Webkinz" so let's tick everyone off, and close the site down" card. First there was the click and win Chipette costumes for Canadians only, then this...... I'd say play the regular site as it used to be for as long as we can, to eck with all this estore stuff that nobody but you can see anyway (unless it's the clothing). Enjoy a stress free life, and maybe take up farming
flutterby7 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #257

WhiteCoco will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Jayne
I just got off the phone with the eStore...I was told that this automatic renewel thing is only for the people who signed up in the last 2 days...there is a clitch in the system that is posting it on all deluxe accounts...since I opened ours in Aug. I don't have the option to unclick it...and I will not be charged for a renewal when my deluxe membership expires...I have 3 very unhappy grandkids right now...and one very unhappy Nana...LOL
I don't seem to be having this glitch on my account or the rest of my family who is on our family deluxe account. For those who are having this issue, I hope it gets resolved soon. On another note....

I am very disappointed and astonished (well not really) that Ganz would take the Family Deluxe membership away. I mean really, did they think we wouldn't be upset, PLEASE! However, I do think the $2 deluxe membership is great for those who always wanted it but could not afford it. I am more upset for my aunt who was so generous to buy the family deluxe membership and include me, my mom, and my sister on the account. By doing so, she opted out of the big deluxe prize, and I feel that it is a slap in the face to her. Although our deluxe membership did not expire until the end of this month-beginning of next month, my aunt chose to go ahead and renew it about a 2 weeks ago. I thought she was silly for renewing early which gave us a duplicate clothing item for this month, I guess I owe her an Apology and a huge Thank You!! So thanks aunt .......
WhiteCoco is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #258
hs0

jinxks is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
Can't say I didn't see this coming...

Sometimes I feel like some kind of mean parent whenever I read these threads, but I have to re-instate: People- get angry all you want, but remember one thing: GANZ is a corporation and all they care about is MAKING MONEY. PERIOD. They don't care if you spend your last dollar on one of their products or use it to feed your family, but they would prefer they get your money.

Any time you get upset at whatever happens in WW or the eStore.... keep this in mind: WHATEVER GANZ DOES, THEY DO TO SUIT THEMSELVES, NOT YOU. They throw random users a bone now and then to keep them coming back, because even though this site was initially intended for kids, they use the same principles for gambling addiction to keep you coming back to spend more money. Well look at it: Prize wheels (gambling), bingo games (gambling), dice games (gambling), gem hunt + star challenge + fairy forest + balloon darts (gambling), scratch tickets (gambling).... you get the picture. Teaching kids to gamble and "hope they win (but probably won't)", and hooking adults into the need for quick gratification by providing small meaningless venues for this to happen.

Also one more thing: YOU DON'T EVER "BUY" ANYTHING FROM THE eSTORE... YOU ONLY PAY TO RENT IT. Because as soon as the website is down you have absolutely nothing in hand to show for your money, therefore you are only renting these pixels as long as the company is operative. They have created all this imaginary merchandise and people are paying for it like fools. GANZ are masters of marketing and business hype.

So what can you do? Resist the urge to run to the checkout counter or credit card payment screen whenever you see something new on the Kinzville Newz section. Make sure it's something you REALLY can justify doling out your hard-earned cash for, rather than sending GANZ's kids to private schools in their own cars with their own condos... because that's what it works out to.

My family has allowed our so-called "Deluxe" memberships to lapse. We received tons of notifications from GANZ to renew but we decided that we are just getting more chances at winning nothing in these additional Deluxe activities and getting pixels that we can't use when the website goes down for maintenance (which is often). So we are paying for more chances at more disappointment... who needs this? We want fun.

When I see decisions like this Deluxe Membership thing, I wonder if they're just not trying to create a situation where users get angry, their net revenue goes down, and they say, "Well, the site is no longer profitable, see you all later."

Sorry for the rant- but it's worth opening your eyes and seeing this company and website for what it's worth.
You are right on with all of this, BUT it's okay for us to get mad, I hope we don't dwell on it. When enough people get mad sometimes it changes things. Every company reaches a point were service takes a back seat to profits. This is what a wise man once sang about "and money becomes king!" Ganz will not only loose a lot of customers and money but some people will still pay the prices. I am not sure at this point if i will continue playing this has busted my enjoyment balloon!
The sad thing is Ganz really did make more money because almost every one who posted here has said they did not buy estore items until they had their family deluxe account.
jinxks is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #259
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by taytertots
Even my NINE Year old's first words about this were "they just want more money, don't they have enough from people buying plushies?"
Apparently Ganz thinks they never have enough. They are obviously quite greedy and here they are displaying it to the world.
celinab123 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #260
GO SAINTS!!!!
Gifted

evlangelfire89 is just really niceevlangelfire89 is just really nice

i thought ganz was all about making money? dont they realize that this isnt really gonna get more money because of all they customers they will lose w/ the family membership... Me and my bf had the family membership but he doesnt play anymore and I keep up his account... I cant afford to buy 2 memberships by myself... I was also gonna add my nephew's account on wen I renewed but I guess not... >:-(
evlangelfire89 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: