Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #241
Gift Guru

outinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

If Deluxe was causing so much confusion why not clear up THAT issue instead of doing this?!!?

And yes my buttkinz is wayyy chapped too!!
outinthesun2003 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #242
hoo-hoo!
Webkinz :)

Honeybear knows the way
Honeybear knows the wayHoneybear knows the way

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I just called e-store customer service and I was very calm and very polite. The poor girl who answered the phone, however, sounded near tears the whole time I talked to her. She said a lot of people had been calling this morning

I do feel much better for having registered my complaint and I hope, hope, hope they listen!! I also got the line about people being confused about the family plan -- I told her (very calmly and nicely, I swear!) that I didn't believe that, but that was OK, I still wanted the family plan back. She said she'd pass that message along.

All that said, having been a lowly and much-abused CSR myself many years ago, I just wanted to repeat what MLH said upthread -- please be polite! The poor person at the other end of the phone really has very little power and doesn't deserve to be verbally abused.

I think if we keep calling we will make some headway -- just be polite.

Off my soapbox now! Let's see what we can do to change this bad decision on Ganz' part!
Honeybear is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #243
mlh
ow! She's a Webkinz!

mlh can ride a flying orange
mlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orange

Everyone: Please call the Ganz estore at 1-888-818-8770 and ask for Amanda 9the manager).

Whoops - that's Amanda (the manager).

Last edited by mlh; 04-28-2010 at 10:26 AM..
mlh is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #244
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Honeybear
I just called e-store customer service and I was very calm and very polite. The poor girl who answered the phone, however, sounded near tears the whole time I talked to her. She said a lot of people had been calling this morning

I think if we keep calling we will make some headway -- just be polite.

Off my soapbox now! Let's see what we can do to change this bad decision on Ganz' part!
Oh Honeybear, I WAS polite! I lead off with telling the poor thing I knew it wasn't her decision and she was stuck on the front line dealing with it! I reiterated that MANY times!

I absolutely dripped magnolias and not even that many grow here!

Note: the regular Customer Service line answers pretty quickly, laughs at you and then drops you into the eStore "please wait" line for those poor CSRs!

Blow holes...
AuntMary57 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #245
Gifted

KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
This is called SPIN....

They have to give us a customer centred reason - and for those who are not members of forums with lots of access to customers who are *not* confused they might even believe it.

Hmmmm explain something vs remove it and make tons more money...... I wonder which choice they make...

The only proof will come as family memberships expire and people choose to renew - or not.

Ganz - anything that increases an expense FIVE FOLD for a family is a BAD thing - and don't spin me a story about the $2 option - that one has no gift box and no estore points so it's a pure waste of money.
I agree... This is total spin. If the problem truly is confusion, then fix the instructions!!! It's not the real reason and it's insulting that the powers that be at Ganz really thinks we are that stupid.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #246
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by AuntMary57

I replied, "So in order to refuse 'confusion' in the customer base, Ganz decided to REDUCE the customer base?"

I guess all those confused people won't figure out that $45 x 5 is a whole lot more than $45.

Fewer Customers = Less Confusion

Fewer Confused Customers = Less Need for Customer Service Reps (who probably don't make all that much to begin with)
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #247
hs0

jinxks is on a distinguished road

Angry Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

well I am very sad what is the point even of the two dollar one with no gift box I mean that is what I look forward to! I like the extra job and the extra class and the customizing option but for me the excitement is "what will the gift be this month?!" and my 3000 points adding up in the estore. I too waited tell my old family plan was going to expire before I was going to get a new one! They get you addicted and then cut of your supply, shame shame on you Ganz! Deifinetly can't afford deluxe now.....
jinxks is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #248

geochick will become famous soon enough

So the family plan was too confusing for a purchaser over the age of 18 who had to have a credit card and computer access??? Gimme a break!!! The only confusion was at GANZ when they discovered they had two parallel systems to handle account expirations- one geared toward pet adoptions and one linked to the former family friendly deluxe account. GANZ was confused on how to handle the problem which they had created and in my experience, they were not about to resolve the issue. The explanation of the GANZ CSR had me in stitches while she went round and round trying to explain what she did not understand…. Looks like they fixed the problem by eliminating the family friendly option and have the nerve to try to make us think this is to our benefit….. Obviously, this confused consumer finally understands.

My decision to renew/ repurchase the family plan at the beginning of April was quite simple. Five accounts extended for a year for $45 versus buying 5 pets at $16.99 a pop when no one cares about the plushie anymore. The wish token was the real benefit from the deluxe box- we could choose what exclusive we wanted at the end of the 12 months rather than get one more robot clock. The estore points were a real hook. Over the year we added additional points (i.e. real dollars) to purchase items because we already had the item partially covered by points. Thanks, GANZ, for removing that temptation to buy pixels!

GANZ does a form of market research in their WW Survey question. Did they ask an opinion on the family deluxe option??? I may have missed it. They have the email address of everyone with a family deluxe account. Too bad they didn’t do some free market research and ask us how we felt before making the decision to “retire” the family option.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #249

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

They just keep added insult to injury! First the injury of cancelling Deluxe Family, Then they insult us by thinking we are stupid enough to believe they did it because of customer confusion.
Ganz, "We just did to help you, that'll be $225 please.
Us, "Duuuh, Otay"

I don't think so!!!!!!
Gwenda is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 AM   #250
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Gwenda
They just keep added insult to injury! First the injury of cancelling Deluxe Family, Then they insult us by thinking we are stupid enough to believe they did it because of customer confusion.
Ganz, "We just did to help you, that'll be $225 please.
Us, "Duuuh, Otay"

I don't think so!!!!!!
This is exactly what i thought. Lol
They must really think we are stupid.
celinab123 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: