Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #231
Gift Guru

outinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Dear Ganz,
Until buying my family Deluxe account I never spent a SINGLE penny in the estore. I find myself adding $ to my estore account just so I can get this or that now. Ive spent MORE $ with you because of the family Deluxe.

NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Signed-
A VERY upset mother of 3.
outinthesun2003 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #232
spypuppy spypuppy2
Gift Guru

spypuppy has a brilliant futurespypuppy has a brilliant futurespypuppy has a brilliant futurespypuppy has a brilliant futurespypuppy has a brilliant future

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I just called and was so sad that we will NOT be renewing the deluxe on any accounts, there is not way for me to justify $45 for one and get one box, when we were getting 5. He said he wrote it all down.

I did feel bad for him having to take all the mad parent calls.

GANZ is being GREEDY there is no other word for it.

I asked why we did not get any warning too!!
spypuppy is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #233
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

Joani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Joani
I have to say before Deluxe I was totally against Estore Pets. I used to say "I am not paying for a Virtual only pet". Then came the monthly estore points and to tell you the truth I was roped into buying tons of estore pets. I would get the estore points and then add additional points. So yeah I fell for it. But this goes way to far. There is no way I will shell out $45.00 for one yearly account. And come on with that $2.00 thing. Most kids want the gift box not the extra activities. Oh well guess I will be saving some money.
OH and if you are worried about your account expiring you can just add a $5.00 lil kinz to extend it for the year. Unless they decide to change that too.
Joani is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #234
ishing for vacation!
Gift Guru

Jenn is sweet stuff
Jenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuff

It's nice to see I'm not the only one frustrated with this... and I'm so glad I called Ganz... of course, now that I'm thinking about it, I have another question: why is it that they announce on Webkinz Newz the great new $2 option, but not the retirement of family deluxe membership? Hmmmm...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #235
mlh
ow! She's a Webkinz!

mlh can ride a flying orange
mlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orange

TO ANYONE WHO IS NOT HAPPY THAT THE FAMILY PLAN HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED:

Call the Ganz estore at 1-888-818-8770 and ask for Amanda (the manager). Tell her your concerns and how this will effect you and your relationship with Webkinz (for example, will not be able to afford deluxe membership in the future, etc.). Please be polite and to the point - it was not Amanda's decision! Amanda will then forward your views to the "proper department." Amanda will ask if she can forward your e-mail too. Kids: have your parents call.

Amanda said that the decision was made because the Family Membership was confusing to people! I am sure that was what she was told to say. I do not agree. She did say that, if you renewed your family membership previously, your credit card would not be automatically charged in the future (how could it be because that plan no longer exists) so people can stop worrying about that.

One of the things that I pointed out was that the $36 I recieved yearly for the estore encouraged me to spend way more than that amount of my own money there.

Hope that enough people call Ganz and they (he?) might reconsider. There are too many sites springing up that are in direct competition with Webkinz. I think Webkinz is great and would hate to see it lose people--which I think it might. There are many, many families who all have individual accounts and the increased financial burden might be too much.

REMEMBER: BE POLITE!
mlh is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #236
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

I decided that, not only am I going to complain to Gantz on their comment area, I am going to protest with my pocket book.

Every month I go over what webbies I want to purchase, and getting 40% coupons from Justice made it even easier. Now, however,I have so many unactivated webbies it's silly. This month, even though I really like stegasaruses (segasarusi?), I won't be buying any new ones for May. As far as my e-etore points, I will wait until November, go on a spending spree, and use them up before my family account expires in December.

Unless of course we can convince Gantz to change their mind.
big2gray is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #237
Copious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledgeCopious flows towards the sea of knowledge

Guess what Ganz? We're no longer confused but that's because we're no longer customers.
Copious is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #238
. Fun In The Sun! .
Gifted

MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by outinthesun2003
Dear Ganz,
Until buying my family Deluxe account I never spent a SINGLE penny in the estore. I find myself adding $ to my estore account just so I can get this or that now. Ive spent MORE $ with you because of the family Deluxe.

NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

Signed-
A VERY upset mother of 3.

Exactly!
And signed a very upset mother of two!!
MyPersian is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #239
Happy to be
Gifted

GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!GlynnisI is the cats pajamas!

We're multi-generational Webkinz users. My son has an account we share, one of his own. His Grandma has an account and I added a few personal accounts because I enjoy Webkinz and trading and collecting, etc. However, as an avid collector I've already been suffering from the high number of new Webkinz introduced each month. I cannot keep up. So, my enthusiasm for Webkinz has started to wane.

Then there were huge glitches RE trading cards, so I've weaned myself from them. Now they are taking away the Family plan? I'm really upset and disappointed in Ganz. I guess their plan is to wean me from the e-store like they did the trading cards. I may just give up Webkinz altogether.

I will probably renew my son's personal account for Deluxe, but not any of the other accounts. Grandma is playing less and now I guess I will, too.

It makes me sad. I worked hard to become Gifted here at WI. I really had fun with it. But this is just too discouraging.

Trading/collecting will be too difficult and frustrating if I can't use multiple accounts to access the Deluxe rares at the Curio shop. I've emailed Ganz to protest, but don't expect it to matter. They are too greedy. I was set to renew my Family account this week (for Webkinz Day celebration). Now they will not get that money from me.
GlynnisI is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #240
hut? Mighty Moolitia
Gifted

AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent
AuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talentAuntMary57 is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

Well I came home from work sick to find THIS.

Now I really want to hurl. I called Ganz and got stuck on hold listening to those wretched POTM songs until I was ready to throw the phone plumb to Canada and then when I finally did get connected, I got the same "our Research Department found that Family Deluxe memberships were causing too much confusion in our customer base" line that the rest of y'all got.

I made her repeat it TWICE just so I knew I heard her right the first time.

I replied, "So in order to refuse 'confusion' in the customer base, Ganz decided to REDUCE the customer base?"

I guess all those confused people won't figure out that $45 x 5 is a whole lot more than $45.

Fewer Customers = Less Confusion

Fewer Confused Customers = Less Need for Customer Service Reps (who probably don't make all that much to begin with)

Half the time when I called up there for an answer the CSRs told me to "check the Insider" for an answer!

What really chaps my...buttkinz...is that I just socked a PILE of REAL US DOLLAHS into my eStore account in anticipation of all the gemstone petz being going going gone.

Not only would they not refund my money, they won't take their own stinking eStore points (paid for in the real currency of your choice) for the deluxe accounts (even if i do decide to renew).

If I wasn't sick to begin with...

One more thing...you'd think a "Childrens site" would have peeps on the Research Team that were at least familiar with Mother Goose tales...like the Goose That Laid the Golden Egg...

Yeah Ganz...kill it and cut it open...that will get you all the golden eggs...
AuntMary57 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: