Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #221
Webkinz :)

niobe is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Funny that Ganz should choose this week to pull the Family Deluxe option. This weekend, while trying to catch Goober, catch a mini-bird AND play the communal contest all at once, it occured to me that WW was stressing me out. Not fun, just stress. Why am I doing this? I have been on WW for less than a year and have seen so many changes that have not enhanced the experience. Too much e-shop, too many new stuffies, Zumbuddies (eeeek!), eye-popping glitches - it goes on and on. Now Ganz wants to raise my Deluxe fees from $ 90.00 for 2 Family plans to $ 450.00 for 10 individual plans. NOT gonna happen. I would have to be daft. Add to this the fact that Ganz, AKA Glitch Central, expects me to trust them with my Credit Card info? One WI member said she spoke to Ganz and they claim Family plans cause confusion. BIG red flag! What are the chances they will get the auto-renewal correct? And how long will it take to get it straightened out when they get it wrong? So I will be bidding farewell to Deluxe and the e-store and feeling pretty pleased about it!
niobe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #222
I'm adarlably wacky!

Darlabell is the cats pajamas!Darlabell is the cats pajamas!Darlabell is the cats pajamas!Darlabell is the cats pajamas!Darlabell is the cats pajamas!Darlabell is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Oh, that was another thing...I had NEVER bought anything from the e-store till I got the Deluxe membership and had all those points to spend.....so OF COURSE I ended up buying MORE....LOL, to bad Ganz doesn't have a math wizard that would add it up and show them how much they will LOSE now that they have canceled the Family plan!
Darlabell is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #223

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Meanwhile, Club Penguin, Build-a-Bearville, Free Realms, et al are laughing at Ganz and how Ganz's OBVIOUS GREED for the almighty dollar and lame excuses given to smart, savvy customers just increased their membership base !!

The competition smells MUTINY and rightfully so.
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #224
Lil Kinz
family7173 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with TexasAnne. This is going to crush our kids, but Ganz is getting out of control with their greed and when that happens people will stop buying as we are going to do. We will be letting our deluxe accounts expire (Family dexluxe) and also our regular accounts as well. So many bad changes with Webkinz this last year. I know this is good for others who don't have multiple accounts, but so many of us do. We currently have 6. This isn't the first change that had us questioning continuing our accounts, but as they say this is the straw that broke the camels back. We are done, unless they start improving their treatment of the webkinz account holders. I guess since 5 deluxe memberships for $45 is not as much money as much money as say 3 separate deluxe memberships for $72, then the rest of don't matter.
family7173 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #225

MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Mama Girl NH
I just got off the phone with a Ganz estore rep, and was told "I am so sick of explaining this".

And it's not even noon yet. Ganz CSR are in for a loooooooong day and an even longer week.
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #226
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

It is a strange business decision, unless they are extremely desparate. They are penalizing their best and most loyal customers. Then, they laugh and say something condescending about us. It's not wise to bite the hand that feeds you.
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #227
ღJalleyღ
Banned
celinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roostcelinab123 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by niobe
Funny that Ganz should choose this week to pull the Family Deluxe option. This weekend, while trying to catch Goober, catch a mini-bird AND play the communal contest all at once, it occured to me that WW was stressing me out. Not fun, just stress. Why am I doing this? I have been on WW for less than a year and have seen so many changes that have not enhanced the experience. Too much e-shop, too many new stuffies, Zumbuddies (eeeek!), eye-popping glitches - it goes on and on. Now Ganz wants to raise my Deluxe fees from $ 90.00 for 2 Family plans to $ 450.00 for 10 individual plans. NOT gonna happen. I would have to be daft. Add to this the fact that Ganz, AKA Glitch Central, expects me to trust them with my Credit Card info? One WI member said she spoke to Ganz and they claim Family plans cause confusion. BIG red flag! What are the chances they will get the auto-renewal correct? And how long will it take to get it straightened out when they get it wrong? So I will be bidding farewell to Deluxe and the e-store and feeling pretty pleased about it!
I don't know how the family membership plan caused confusion. I don't think Ganz removed it for that reason at all. So really i don't think they are telling the truth. Obviously they kinda removed it to make more money on the basic yearly $45 plan. Imagine how many kids will be upset. Including almost all of us here at WebkinzInsider. Ganz took things the wrong way this time. Yeah they held the thunder bird contest, and they fixed the raffle prizes to butter up to us. And then while we are all off busy catching Goober, they decide to sneak out our deluxe family plan.
Bad move Ganz, very bad move..
I already E-mailed them, twittered them, and wrote about this in the comment/suggestion box in Webkinz world on all my accounts. Let's hope they reconsider this, If they read all our complaints. But i don't think they listen to us one bit.
celinab123 is offline Male
Old 04-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #228
ishing for vacation!
Gift Guru

Jenn is sweet stuff
Jenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuff

Hey, all... I stopped by to check out the scuttlebutt on the removal o fthe family membership, because I'm very disappointed and frustrated.

I called the Ganz eStore this morning and complained; I just wanted my voice to be heard that I thought this was a bad move and a decision that I really didn't like.

The eStore rep told me the family membership was removed because there was a lot of misunderstanding around it... and I replied we never misunderstood what we were getting. She also told me she was not in a position to make changes, and I replied that I understood that, I just wanted my disappointment passed on... as well as my opinion that while this might be a good choice for Ganz in terms of money, it was a bad choice for me as a consumer. Perhaps if Ganz hears from enough of us they might re-instate the family membership.

For me, it no longer makes sense to renew my expired memberships without the option of a family deluxe membership; I also plan to discontinue my eStore shopping once the deluxe memberships have run out, unless Ganz changes this decision.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #229
Diabetes Awareness

Joani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonder

I have to say before Deluxe I was totally against Estore Pets. I used to say "I am not paying for a Virtual only pet". Then came the monthly estore points and to tell you the truth I was roped into buying tons of estore pets. I would get the estore points and then add additional points. So yeah I fell for it. But this goes way to far. There is no way I will shell out $45.00 for one yearly account. And come on with that $2.00 thing. Most kids want the gift box not the extra activities. Oh well guess I will be saving some money.
Joani is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #230
Voltes is a name known to allVoltes is a name known to allVoltes is a name known to all

I've been thinking about how Ganz practically forces us to have multiple accounts.

1) If we have too many pets on one account, it becomes glitchy and encounter lots of "please wait". They want us to become super collectors but their software or whatever can't support it.

2) Ganz limits us to 1 rare and PJ special per account. Most of us want/need more than one to decorate a room. We also want extras to trade with or give away. The only way to get more than one is to have multiple accounts.

Now that most of us have multiple accounts, Ganz wants to charge us $45 per account for deluxe. And if we don't even want the stinking "estore quality rare", we can't trade or give it away. I will not pay $225 to renew my 5 deluxe accounts. If Ganz does not bring back the family deluxe membership, it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for a lot of people including myself.
Voltes is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: