Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.70 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 05:33 AM   #121
jennbugs
Webkinz :)

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

Since I quit doing something that I shouldn't have been doing something that was bad for me, (involves a lighter and a pack of something) my husband buys me one Webkinz a week for reward. At this point I may stop that and just save our money. All we have to do is buy one, (1) Webkinz a year to keep our account open. Maybe since Ganz wants to be stingy, I will too!

That is not counting the loss from my husband's, my son's and my daughter's accounts from which they will also NOT be buying Webkinz to adopt!
jennbugs73 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 05:44 AM   #122
Peace to all

JennaBee is just really niceJennaBee is just really nice

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

I must say, this is a ghastly piece of decision making. I purchased the Deluxe family membership for 4 accounts. To move from $45 to $180/annum is doable for me financially but not mentally or morally.

Really? Really? Who are their marketing personnel that believe children have funds like this and parents/guardians/adults are gullible enough to purchase one membership to replace two to five?

Bring back the Family Option or I will not renew! We need a petition on this one.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #123
Gift Guru

tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness

I buy a lot from the eStore due to having Deluxe Family membership, we get the option of newest pets early and the deluxe pricing is good too. I won't be doing that any more.

Family membership was ideal with three of my DD's having accounts as well as myself and DH. I'm not considering renewing our five accounts with single memberships, since it'll cost me £148. The Family option was affordable and gave the kids something extra, which is all it is at the end of the day! They were the ones we started Deluxe for and they are the ones who will suffer.
tashytoot is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 05:54 AM   #124
Busymom is the cats pajamas!Busymom is the cats pajamas!Busymom is the cats pajamas!Busymom is the cats pajamas!Busymom is the cats pajamas!Busymom is the cats pajamas!

We had enjoyed the family membership option for all of our 25 accounts, and that was already expensive for pixels only but it was fun... there is no way we are going to pay for any single deluxe membership, though. We just renewed all the deluxe accounts recently so we will have it for a year, but after that it will be gone.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:01 AM   #125
Meowme1948
Meowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant future

Maybe if no one renews and calls to tell them why they might change their mind and come and put the family option back on. I can' t afford to pay for that many memberships.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:10 AM   #126
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
Well .... Ganz has finally rendered me speechless with their audacity but I'll try to find the words just the same to express how upset and disappointed I am with Ganz.

To take away the family deluxe membership is reprehensible !! Ganz think this will make them more money until the stoopid *****s who run that company realize people cannot afford to renew five accounts at $45.00 each and decide to let them expire and not renew as deluxe. Alot of people are going to be calling Ganz tomorrow, including myself.

It seems like I'm always saying .... "just when I think Ganz couldn't sink any lower ...." and so now I find myself saying it again but this time they have sunk to the lowest of the lows.

This has left such a sour taste in my mouth. First the Science theme, then five exclusives gone (and I'm still stuck getting that dang Robot Clock ~ when the heck are they going to retire THAT one ??), and now the Family Deluxe Membership is gone. [heavy sigh]

*************** The part of my posts no one ever reads but I keep posting it anyway ***************

Click the image to open in full size.

Many people do not know that Ganz is a privately-held family company headed by one man, Mr. Howard Ganz, President and CEO. Because Ganz has no shareholders or investors, Ganz does not have to report any of its corporate financial information to anyone outside of Canada Revenue and the IRS, so little is actually known about the true worth or the actual profit margin of just the Webkinz Division of Ganz Corp. alone. Despite my having scoured the internet for any scrap of reliable information pertaining to the profit/loss/value aspect of the Webkinz Division, all that I have found can fit in the little "blurb" above, and even then the information is over two years old, but it manages to sum things up ~

I think the Ganz family has enough money in their personal bank accounts such that they can let us have our Family Deluxe Membership option.
thank you sooooooooooooo much for always reminding of these facts. and for always putting it in a way that takes the words right out of my mouth..................
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 AM   #127
Gift Guru

tkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clown

Tashytoot, ITA! We're eStore fans (not tons per month, but a least several things per month), and last year we bought two individual annuals, but we've gotten used to deluxe and opted for one family plan for all accounts. It was a great value, but now we're USED to having deluxe on all the accounts. This will not work for us. (At least we have time to wean ourselves off, I guess! LOL!)
tkprit is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #128
Gift Guru

outinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonderoutinthesun2003 wows us all with wonder

I didnt read this whole thread. But I am VERY disappointed that the family deluxe has been retired. As a family of 5, we need to get the most for our $. We NEVER bought a single thing in the estore before we upgraded to deluxe. Now that we have deluxe we are always adding more $ to our estore account to buy things that we just dont have enough points to buy. I can honestly say as a family 5 five with 9 accounts in the household, we spend more $ on WW than ever before. I guess that is about to come to an abrupt stop!

Ganz you got it alll wrong with this one!!!! And no we will NOT renew our deluxe when it expires.
outinthesun2003 is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 06:29 AM   #129

Jayne will become famous soon enough

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added

View Post Originally Posted by dolphin95
Oh, I hope they keep the family deluxe option, because that was the best option for us. I'm glad they are offereing this cheaper option for those who want it.
Wish they still offered the Family one...we have 5 accounts and it was great...now no one in our family will have a deluxe account...
Jayne is offline Female
Old 04-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #130

AuntSissy is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Re: New Deluxe Membership Option Added, Family Membership Option Retired

This is very disappointing For families with multiple children and multiple accounts the family option was perfect. I convinced two other families to purchase the multi-account membership and they were very pleased. None of us is pleased with the new policy. If all accounts can't be "deluxe", probably none of them will be.
My family spends a fair amount in the estore , but the notion of spending $225 up front (even knowing that $205 of those dollars will come back slowly as estore points over the course of the membership), is simply over the top. I feel that Ganz should rethink their decision
Closed

Tags
bring back family plan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: