Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #41
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Coming Soon for Families with Multiple Players

Hooray for Ganz!! Thank you!!
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #42
ho's back? Me!!
Gifted

animalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: New Deluxe Membership Coming Soon for Families with Multiple Players

I liked the previous one better, but atleast they brought family deluxe back!!!!!!!

Last edited by animalover48; 08-13-2010 at 01:07 PM..
animalover48 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #43
NancyDfan

NancyDrew will become famous soon enough

OMGOSH yay!! I'm so glad! I really wanted an account for deluxe for a year and now I can add my sister for just $5! Awesome!
NancyDrew is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #44

therichmcduck is an unknown quantity at this point

I am getting tired of deluxe membership. They make you pay a bunch of money and you don't even get anything. If webkinz goes out of business all that money invested and you won't have anything to show for it. Yes, they need to make some money, but these memberships seem like a big rip off.
therichmcduck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #45
Gifted

CalleyCo knows the way
CalleyCo knows the wayCalleyCo knows the wayCalleyCo knows the way

It's not Family Deluxe, but it'll do.
CalleyCo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #46
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
... and they got rid of Family Deluxe because it was "too confusing"? This new plan is making my brain go "overload, overload! ABORT! ABORT! Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama...".
Hee hee. It's actually a lot simpler than it sounds. Here's the deal:

- You sign up your account for an annual Deluxe membership. Cost: $45. This annual membership comes with all the usual Deluxe goodies: super exclusive item, WW Deluxe features, eStore points, monthly gift boxes.
- AT THE SAME TIME as you do this, you also "add on" one, two, three or four additional accounts. They will also get all the WW Deluxe features and monthly gift boxes for the coming year. Each account you add on will cost an additional $5.

Aaaand...you're done!

If you want the add-on accounts to have eStore stuff, I think the way it works is the same as when there were Family memberships: you log on to the eStore account that receives the Deluxe eStore points, use those points to buy whatever eStore item is wanted, log on to the add-on account that wants the eStore item, and enter the code in the Code Shop.

View Post Originally Posted by NR1991
I am confused...so the bonus accounts won't get the monthly clothing item? Or is it the super exclusive item Ganz is talking about, like a mine cart ride? If there is not a clothing box, it is still not worth it. Otherwise, thank you Ganz for listening to us!!
Yes, the bonus accounts WILL get the monthly gift boxes. Ganz said so in the announcement. But only the main account will get the super exclusive, like a mine cart ride.

View Post Originally Posted by nicolejasmine14
i have to renew my account in febuaray i have like 3 accounts bout to add another but i do not think it worth 5 dollars if you do not get the special prize or points i rather just have it on 1 account getting the points and speical prize and then just buying webkinz estore points. but i guess this does help with a large family i me and my brother just share one account so it does not matter to us,
I don't know, I think it's worth it.

$2 for the month-to-month Deluxe plan (i.e. $24/year) gets you 500 monthly eStore points and WW Deluxe features. But no monthly gift box or super-exclusive item.

$5 for the annual add-on Deluxe plan gets you WW Deluxe features AND the monthly gift box. Also, if you are organized and all the account holders agree, I think you will be able to share out all the eStore points that the main account gets, which adds up to (depending on how many add-on accounts there are) anywhere between (approximately) 680 and 1700 eStore points per account per month. All that and you pay $19 LESS than if you went with the month-to-month option. It's way better than not having it, IMO.

Last edited by Jackal; 08-13-2010 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: Correction of cost comparison of add-on vs month-to-month
Jackal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #47
orld's Slowest

derring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Okay, I see that Ganz has finally come up with a solution, and I've read the first page of the responses to it. I will post my usual post in complete disagreement, and then hush back up.

$45 for a basic "family" Deluxe account is ludicrous. Last year we got 5 accounts for $45, and, remember, this is all virtual stuff. It was sufficient to get my family to enroll, and we managed to get a bit of use out of it all.

Now? It's $45 for one account. One. Any more than that are $5 apiece. If Ganz wanted to be "fair" to families with fewer accounts, they might have started at the top of last year's price and counted down, rather than at the top and added on. To wit: $45 - 4 (extra accounts)*$5 = $25 for a single account. THAT would make sense to me. $25 for the first account, and add on from there.

But of course, this isn't the way Ganz chose to go.

We will not renew.
derring do is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #48

allicekinz is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Jackal
(I posted this in the Rumours section as well but I thought it would be valuable here, too)

So basically, it looks like this is exactly like the old Family Deluxe Membership, except with a few advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages:
- One of the accounts actually gets the Super Exclusive Deluxe item; before with the old Family Deluxe Membership, none of the accounts on the plan got the Super Exclusive Deluxe item

Disadvantages:
- It costs a little more; instead of $45 for 5 accounts, it'll be $50 for 2 accounts, $55 for 3 accounts, $60 for 4 accounts and $65 for 5 accounts (on the other hand, this is more fair to people who don't need as many accounts with Deluxe - the more you need, the more you pay)
- Bonus accounts don't get eStore points, but that shouldn't be a big deal. You just get whoever owns the "main" account to buy your eStore items for you with the points that it gets as part of the Deluxe membership.

Exactly the same:
- All accounts can only be added to Deluxe at the time of purchase.
- All accounts get the Deluxe features on WW
- All accounts get Deluxe pricing in the eStore
- All accounts get the monthly gift boxes

Hmm...at first i thought it was a bad deal, but the way you explain it, it sounds better!
Thanks for breaking it down, that helps.
allicekinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #49

christinealicia has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Jackal

$5 for the add-on Deluxe plan gets you WW Deluxe features AND the monthly gift box. Also, if you are organized and all the account holders agree, I think you will be able to share out all the eStore points that the main account gets, which adds up to (depending on how many add-on accounts there are) anywhere between (approximately) 680 and 1700 eStore points per account per month. That's pretty good for just an extra $3 a month!
Is it $5 a month? The way it read I thought it was $5 a year. That doesn't make sense that it would be $5 a month - that would be $60 for a year, when a deluxe membership is only $45 a year...
christinealicia is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #50
Gifted

isabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicness
isabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicnessisabella1665 is epic beyond epicness

Great! Too bad I had to renew August 1!!!!!
isabella1665 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
momo ducky!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: