Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #71
Too-Wit Too-Woo
Gift Guru

jazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talent

Default Re: New Communal Contest - Goober's Lab Challenge!

I can't wait!! I'm going to keep track of my score - if someone could update the front page if there's a thread that will be tracking WI members points, I'd love that!
jazzinmarch is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #72
name's alex
Webkinz :)

puppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guidepuppygal is a golden guide

I got a score of 60 or 70 something! FYI I'm not good at that game but i just want to help
puppygal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #73
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

These people have GOT to be kidding me... I mean, a billion (SIX BILLION???) is nearly impossible... *faints*
MarielofRedwall is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #74

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

Great! I love Goober's Lab! It's one of the few games I play anymore even though I don't really have time to. I agree, 6 billion seems like a lot of points for such a small prize, but it sounds like they'll be having something up on the page to track our progress, so we'll be able to watch hopefully how fast we are getting towards our goal. Maybe the took the average score times the number of people who registered times a certain number of games to calculate what the goal should be? How will that be affected by the fact that many people have multiple accounts?

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they probably underestimated the communal score on purpose to make sure that we achieve our goal the first time around.

Being a weekend, there are probably close to a million users that will log in to Webkinz World.. I think we'll easily achieve the goal.... I could be wrong, so don't quote me on Monday unless I'm right!
Too funny Justin! I think I need to have that put on a tshirt or something... "Don't quote me.. unless I am right." I hope they underestimated it for this round also.
SchmoopiePie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #75

Toadie is a jewel in the roughToadie is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Lil Kinz
Does anyone have a contact in Ganz who will say

how many accounts have signed up for the communal challenge?

I am curious to know how many people the 6 billion points could be split between!
I bet the actual number of people playing will be far less than the number of accounts signed up for the contest. I know that many of us have more than one account in the family, and may not have more than one computer to devote to game play.
Also, some individuals have more than one account and they will certainly only be able to play for one of their accounts at a time. My computer is too slow to be able to have more than one Goobers Lab open at one time!
Toadie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #76
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by WebCats139
Does anyone know exactly when we can start playing for points that count? I live on Asian time, and Saturday (midnight) is about to roll around. Can I start playing now? Or does the contest not officially begin until 12 am EST?
I have been watching on my Asian account when they would update to let us know the contest cause it was supposed to be Friday. It didn't happen til US's Friday, so we asian account holders may have to wait til US's Saturday to start earning points (though it is already Saturday for us) and as Justin said earlier, 'don't quote me unless I'm right'
COWS4YOU is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #77

Toadie is a jewel in the roughToadie is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by funny12321
you are too late to sign up. I am so sorry
I think you can go to the Communal Contests area in the Newspaper and sign up there. You are too late to vote, but I just signed up one account this morning.
Toadie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #78
TURTLES!

DancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonderDancingPants160 wows us all with wonder

WOO! Go Communal Contests! I'm going to start playing Goober's Lab right away!
DancingPants160 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #79
luvmyfrog
lilythefrog is on a distinguished road

ok so do they count scores on every game you play or just the initial game
lilythefrog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #80
Diabetes Awareness

DogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roostDogLUVR rules the roost

I voted for the 500KC. I was a little disappointed that the first prize was somewhat small. The other choices were only w-shop items. I was hoping for more rare/new stuff, or more $. I can get w-shop stuff any day. The prize should be a little better, but I will gladly take the KC!

Let's do a little math here:
I average a little over 30,000points per game with a high around 45,000. Lets say that most people average around 20,000 per game and those people play 10 games each this weekend. That is a total of 200,000 points. That means, we need 30,000 people to play 10 games earning 20,000 points per game to reach our 6 billion point goal. This is possible! I'm sure there are more than 30,000 people out there who can do this!
DogLUVR is offline Male Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: