Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #281
Meowme1948
Webkinz :)
Meowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant future

Default Re: New Communal Contest - Goober's Lab Challenge! Update - Gauge added

Where was this posted? Didn't see it on the Newz site. played a lot yesterday and since it wasn't even half full on the gauge I knew it was too high a goal to make. Hopefully they will figure out something a bit more realistic next week.
Meowme1948 is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2010, 06:44 AM   #282

China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!China is headed for the top!

I totaly agree with you dragonbird. Thanks Ganz for your admission. Anyone working with computers knows that there is often a big differnece between the trial version and when it goes into production (hence all the the glitchs). Give Ganz a chance and see what happens to next weeks challenge.
China is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:39 AM   #283
Wytchy is on a distinguished road

Thumbs down Re: New Communal Contest - Goober's Lab Challenge! Update - Gauge added

View Post Originally Posted by Gmagator
Welcome Wytchy! You will find lots of info here. I am just going to play once on each account today, played for hours yesterday, what a waste!
Thanks for the welcome, Gmagator! Our entire family wasted almost the entire day yesterday. Finally, we noticed that the 'progress bar' on the communal contest page had barely moved. Yes, it was a total waste. How disappointing that Ganz set a goal of 6 billion as a communal score.

I admire those who are more charitable than I am, but I have little patience, and whoever was responsible for setting a goal of 6 billion...well what can I say without going off a tangent and rant?

View Post Originally Posted by mjsiowa
GANZ was way off and we played! We have multiple accounts and on each account Goobers Lab was the one to play. Still no trophy but hey after practicing for about 4 hours on Friday to prepare . . . cuz I had only played it once before and found it a bit boring. When I added up the scores we were doing pretty good at an average of a little over 5,000 points per game.

But 6 BILLION? No way as a group can we get that high considering younger children get so very frustrated and the older kids simply got bored and wanted to do chores to get a new pet instead of 500 KC.

The kids had a good argument on that but I keep playing on all accounts any way. Gotta give it the best shot to say "Hey I really, really tried".

My 11yr old pointed out "if you want kinz cash then play the game you get high scores in and you will have more money".

Congrats to all WI and WW members who have been playing and playing this weekend! You all deserve an A+ for effort!
You're 11 yr old is quite intelligent! If I want 500 kc it's faster to play Quizzy's in the tournament arena for maybe 10 minutes. Then I can spend another 15 - 20 minutes playing the trading card game and easily earn over 600 kc. Not sure how Ganz thought 500 kc was worth all the time and effort it would have taken every single registered account to reach the 6 billion goal.

I'm not a fan of Goober's Lab anyway. To me and my kids, it's just tedious.

Last edited by Wytchy; 02-28-2010 at 07:39 AM..
Wytchy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:44 AM   #284
Love Life!
Gift Guru

Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest
Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest

I cant stand the game, and will never play it after today. I am back to picking up garbage, lol.
Gmagator is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #285
Call me Carly (:

tinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talenttinybluesmiley has lots of talent

Quote:
UPDATE (Feb 27th, 8:30pm ET): Ganz has released the following statement regarding this week's contest: "Looks like we made our first Communal Contest too difficult. Our formula was clearly off. We'll be making next week's challenge easier."

Gotta start somewhere.
I thought it was only 6 million points at first. 6 billion, though? No wonder this is hard. LOL!
tinybluesmiley is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:58 AM   #286
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

i am glad that ganz has admitted their error in picking such an unreasonable amount of points.
i think that what they should do is just give the 500kc to all who did participate, since they were trying to make the communal project a good thing.
miss spots is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:01 AM   #287

buddyboy is just really nicebuddyboy is just really nice

Donation Award 

Much better prizes are what is needed. Like the kid said, you can earn 500 cash in 10 minutes playing on your own. A pair of ears or a lava or a witch hat and it would have gone over 6 billlion. Ganz, give us something to play for!!!!
buddyboy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #288
eldon2

quellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Ganz overlooked the fact that many people have more than one account. I know people with 10 accounts. I, myself, have three. You can only play one account at a time. I played many games and I only got over 10,500 points one time. Many times the game stopped at 5,000.
Looking forward to what they come up with next.
quellie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #289
Luv Wacky POI

kuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no bounds
kuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no boundskuhl123 knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by buddyboy
Much better prizes are what is needed. Like the kid said, you can earn 500 cash in 10 minutes playing on your own. A pair of ears or a lava or a witch hat and it would have gone over 6 billlion. Ganz, give us something to play for!!!!
I'm totally with you guys. I just hope we get the 500KC as a courtesy gift anyways. everybody who played deserves it! I voted for the bed but hey, I wanted to participate.

maybe we have a better challenge next week.
kuhl123 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #290
Go XYZ!

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by miss spots
i am glad that ganz has admitted their error in picking such an unreasonable amount of points.
i think that what they should do is just give the 500kc to all who did participate, since they were trying to make the communal project a good thing.

Miss Spots, what a great idea! I agree with you 100%. I'm thinking of all the time I played Goober's Lab this weekend for the communal cause and how discouraged I was when it didn't look as though it mattered. I think some kind of reward is in order for those who worked so hard. Also, some may just give up and say the communal contests are impossible. I'll probably give it another try, though.
Queen of Sheba is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: