Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #261
texasanne
Gift Guru

TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: New Communal Contest - Goober's Lab Challenge! Update - Gauge added

1/10 of the bar equals 600 million. That's a lot of points. A more realistic goal would have been 1 billion points. I agree.....a better prize would make it more worth playing. Like a rare, an exclusive, or 5000 KC. I bet tons of more people would compete.
TexasAnne is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #262
Webkinz :)

DreamLoveLearn will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by TexasAnne
1/10 of the bar equals 600 million. That's a lot of points. A more realistic goal would have been 1 billion points. I agree.....a better prize would make it more worth playing. Like a rare, an exclusive, or 5000 KC. I bet tons of more people would compete.
Thanks for bringing up that 1/10 or a bar = 600 million. Aside from it pointing out how unrealistic the goal was, it makes me feel proud of what everyone has accomplished already. As a community, we have almost reached 600 million points in Goober's Lab during our first contest. I think we should be proud of ourselves for our accomplishment, especially since I think many became frustrated (rightfully so) and did not play as much as they would have if the goal had been more attainable or the prize more significant.

CONGRATS EVERYONE - Regardless or whether we reach the goal, we have all done a terrifc job!
DreamLoveLearn is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #263

antsun is an unknown quantity at this point

Does this mean I can stop playing now?

If they are using a formula based on how many people entered, it could easily be off. I know a lot of us have multiple accounts which we probably entered all of them into the contest but only play on one. But I'm not sure this could account for an error this large??? Obviously at about halfway through and just barely reaching 10%... it's impossible! I agree that they should award the prize anyway. We gave it a good effort.
antsun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #264
Web Records!

WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master
WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master

View Post Originally Posted by DreamLoveLearn
Thanks for bringing up that 1/10 or a bar = 600 million. Aside from it pointing out how unrealistic the goal was, it makes me feel proud of what everyone has accomplished already. As a community, we have almost reached 600 million points in Goober's Lab during our first contest. I think we should be proud of ourselves for our accomplishment, especially since I think many became frustrated (rightfully so) and did not play as much as they would have if the goal had been more attainable or the prize more significant.

CONGRATS EVERYONE - Regardless or whether we reach the goal, we have all done a terrifc job!
I agree completely! So many in our community have done all they can -- some have logged many, many hours in Goober's Lab, going cross-eyed and numb in the process. Reading everyone's stories shows me there are some very dedicated people here. Last night I was reading the post of someone who is COMPLETELY COLORBLIND, yet still trying to help out! Can you imagine?! That's team spirit!
WebCats139 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #265
shelsi

Shelsi530 is on a distinguished road

I've been singing this while playing goobers lab today and I didn't even realize it: I believe in the power that comes from webkinz world united as one! I believe that together we'll fly I believe in the power of you and I. (lol, maybe you recognize it)
Shelsi530 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #266
I loves pigs and

Super Pig is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Pig is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Pig is a glorious beacon of light

My average score is 2780. My high score is 11230.
Super Pig is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #267

Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.
Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.

View Post Originally Posted by Mom2Alex
Ganz just Tweeted this

Looks like we made our first Communal Contest too difficult. Our formula was clearly off. We'll be making next week's challenge easier.
What formula gave them 6 Billion points?? Hopefully they will give 500 KC to those that spent all day playing Goober's Lab. Since they can track the points, I'm sure they can track who played!
Beautykinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #268
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

OK. I'm up again. 11am here). So Ganz miscalculated. Someone call thenewspapers!!

So we've got two choices. Do we still go for the goal? (6,000 families at 1 mill pts each = 6 billion points). Or, would that make Ganz 'miscalculate' next week, also? Should we all just stop? Not sure. I do think y'all were right that they should only give prizes to peoel who actually play the game & contribute the goal.
MAYBE Ganz will have an epiphany and actually just award everyone the prize anyway, since THEY ******* up... Medical disclaimer: please do not hold your breath & wiat for this to happen, as you'll most assuredly end up dead.
WEll, I have local friends (I live somewhere else right now) coming over this afternoon, so I need to go bake some zucchini bread. ANd then we have other guests coming over for dinner. So I'll squeak in another 100,000 pts right now, then I'm off til tonight (since it's still Sunday in the states, I'm hoping it'll still let us play. If it started us 11 hours late AND cuts us off 11 hours EARLY, I'm going to have a major fit. Really, I would. Especially since our power was off here 9 hours in the middle - not giving uis much chance to earn the 1 mill we pledged as a family toward this contest. We'll still do our part, so Ganz can set a more reasonable goal for next week.

Bye WI firends!!! Sleep well!
MamaKinz

I didn't use a bad word. don't know what the asterisks are for. is messing-up a profanity now???? sorry.
Bankskinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #269
biggreenmonster518
Gifted

prettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud ofprettyirishgirl has much to be proud of

Is it just me i was taking what i was earning and what i now my family earned and knowing how many people are playing does it seem like the count is off? is that just me?
prettyirishgirl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:43 AM   #270
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

count seems off. I have only been able to play a little today. i wish I could have done more. It also seems like my moves are less and less, I havent hit past level 11 today. Still no trophy, butI only logged in about 1 or so hours. sorry about that unable to do anything more will work on it some. I promise
littlex3red is offline Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: