Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #251
Banned
Mom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonder

Default Re: New Communal Contest - Goober's Lab Challenge! Update - Gauge added

View Post Originally Posted by lamb
I'm wondering if the amount of people that enters helps determine the goal that must be reached. I'm sure there were lots of people that were thinking, "sure, I'll enter" but then they just want to sit back and let other people do all the work of reaching the goal. The problem might be that if this has happened, the numbers might be even harder to reach now because it is including them as a participant. Just a guess here, but who knows. I've played lots today but I'm not going to go absolutely crazy for only 500kc.

Ah I couldn't have said it better, or did I, LOL

I posted on another thread that I think they need to figure out a way to reward the people that actually participate and not just enter to get the prize at the expense of others work.
Mom2Alex is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #252
Love Life!
Gift Guru

Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest
Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by lamb
I'm wondering if the amount of people that enters helps determine the goal that must be reached. I'm sure there were lots of people that were thinking, "sure, I'll enter" but then they just want to sit back and let other people do all the work of reaching the goal. The problem might be that if this has happened, the numbers might be even harder to reach now because it is including them as a participant. Just a guess here, but who knows. I've played lots today but I'm not going to go absolutely crazy for only 500kc.
I was up at 5:00a, playing, i signed up on 8 accounts, 3 my own. i played all morning on each account, I must confess, I stink at this game...But I worked all morning until I had to go to work, the accounting really made me sad, I thought we would have 1/10 by 9:00am. Lets keep trying, if not ganz learned they were too ambitious.
Gmagator is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #253
Web Records!
Webkinz :)

WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master
WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master

I agree that since Ganz advertised the prize as being available even to those who just voted, there are probably a lot of players -- especially outside of WI -- that aren't really trying to play. Here at WI most of us already have that sense of community and can encourage/urge each other on, but individual players who don't have this board to "keep them going" may not feel the same urgency we do! Looks quite discouraging right now!
WebCats139 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #254
Banned
Mom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonder

Ganz just Tweeted this

Looks like we made our first Communal Contest too difficult. Our formula was clearly off. We'll be making next week's challenge easier.
Mom2Alex is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #255
soebled2
Gift Guru

lamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guidelamb is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Mom2Alex
Ganz just Tweeted this

Looks like we made our first Communal Contest too difficult. Our formula was clearly off. We'll be making next week's challenge easier.
Do they ever do anything right the first time? LOL I'm kinda that way too though, so I'm not judging, exactly
lamb is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #256
Gifted

RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Mom2Alex
Ganz just Tweeted this

Well, they can correct it by dropping off a few zeroes. Or maybe by counting the tournament. My last 3 games were horrendous - I ran out of moves by levels 5 and 6 each time. Never had that happen before.
RiddleMeThis is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #257
Web Records!

WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master
WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master

I'm glad Ganz has tweeted that. I don't think anyone would join a communal contest again if this is how each weekend would be. I'm sure many of us have busy weekends and can't spend endless hours to reach an impossible goal! My sis has stopped, saying "I can get 500 kc from two employment tasks", and she's completely right. I LOVE the idea of working together for a goal (reading each others' progress has been fun), but it should be for something WORTH spending so many hours on.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #258

DreamLoveLearn will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by WebCats139
I'm glad Ganz has tweeted that. I don't think anyone would join a communal contest again if this is how each weekend would be. I'm sure many of us have busy weekends and can't spend endless hours to reach an impossible goal! My sis has stopped, saying "I can get 500 kc from two employment tasks", and she's completely right. I LOVE the idea of working together for a goal (reading each others' progress has been fun), but it should be for something WORTH spending so many hours on.
I could not have put it better myself. I have played a number of Goober's Lab rounds today (even though I can't stand the game!) for the sake of trying to help everyone out, but when the goal is set too high for a prize that's not even worth it, it is difficult to stay motivated. I wish they would revise the goal for this week, though, because everyone has been working so hard that it will be a shame if we don't reach the goal (and the yellow bar is still really low).
DreamLoveLearn is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #259
Web Records!

Since Ganz has realized this, I wish they would go ahead and adjust the goal now, like to maybe 6,000,000. Otherwise, what's the point of continuing if they themselves realize it's impossible?

Actually, for the last few minutes I've been humming the song, "To Dream the Impossible Dream"! LOLOL! I think that should be our theme song! What do you think?

I also wonder if Ganz will be kind and give us some sort of cancellation prize -- or should I say "consolation" prize -- after all this hard work. Wouldn't it be nice?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #260

DreamLoveLearn will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by TexasAnne
Well, I agree.....our task seems almost impossible to reach. But we shoudn't give up. What if the yellow gauge is behind and will update in a BIG way when the system catches up? So far, I have made over 80,000 points and I am not stopping playing in my free time until Sunday night.

Good luck everyone!!!!
The thing is, whatever formula they used is WAY off (which Ganz even admitted now), so who knows how much it is going to take to achieve the goal. It would really be a shame to have a number of people spend more than a dozen hours this weekend working towards the goal and then us not achieve it anyway. It seems kind of silly to work so hard towards a goal when we are just approaching the 1/10 mark 21 hours into a 48 hour contest. I put in more than my typical hours on WW today and definitely played more hours of Goober's Lab than I would in a few months. However, I know that there are others out there who put in WAY more time and effort and it is a shame that such an unrealistic goal was set.
DreamLoveLearn is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: