Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #121
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

Default Re: New Communal Contest - Goober's Lab Challenge!

Ave: 10,426
Top: 38,164

MamaKinz
Bankskinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #122
Webkinz :)
ladyoflight is a glorious beacon of lightladyoflight is a glorious beacon of lightladyoflight is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, I can certainly help with that! Goobers Lab is one that I like to play and I'm quite good at.
ladyoflight is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #123
Diabetes Awareness

Joani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonder

good job
Joani is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #124
jadavis1
Gift Guru

mulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clownmulberry59 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

Thanks for this update Commodore! I'm so happy to see we have many good players here. I haven't tried this game much but I'll be practicing now so I can at least help contribute.
mulberry59 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #125
foggybear is just really nicefoggybear is just really nice

The Friday lag is annoying. Once the contest is posted, it should be playable.

I was rereading last week's WebkinzNewz article about the contest (there's nothing about it posted today, strange) and noticed this:
Quote:
Saturday and Sunday: Players can help complete the challenge after officially entering the contest by clicking a button in the “Communal Contest” section of the Kinzville Times.
I wonder how many scores won't count because people don't know about this rule?
foggybear is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #126
rodentmom is just really nicerodentmom is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Toadie
I think you can go to the Communal Contests area in the Newspaper and sign up there. You are too late to vote, but I just signed up one account this morning.
It would be nice if someone with the privileges to do so could modify the front page post to include this information, encouraging people to continue to sign up if they haven't yet, since I'm sure that there are far more people than just that one poster who were confused on this issue.

There also seem to be people confused about the nature of the contest: that all of the participants together are attempting to earn 6 million points over the weekend. No one has to earn that individually.

I tried to sign up both of my daughter's account's last night by voting for the prize, but it was glitched and I the vote (and thus the registration for the contest) wouldn't go through. But this morning I went and registered her for the contest, so anyone should be able to register still, unless there is some sort of glitch (which there might be with this being a new feature and this being WW.)

Good luck everyone!
rodentmom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #127

Huntersaunt is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by chmoneybags
Average Score 9025 and 8670 --> My best games 33304 and 37798.

Sooo - with an average of maybe 6000 per person, 6,000,000,000 points divided by that would be a grand total of 1 million games played.

That's not impossible. and I know we have some really good players that top that average.

And just think, you do earn cash for playing the game too. So that's just more incentive.
As big as WW is, a million games of Goobers Lab in 2 days is an awful lot of games. I hope we can make it!
Huntersaunt is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #128
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by Kayfookey
Ooh! This sounds so fun, thank you!

But, I bet a few kids who don't have access to WI are going to think that they have to earn 6 million points, which is impossible! It's worded kind of funny, and it's not clear. I wouldn't have understood it if it weren't for WI's explanation.
Oh dear, I just realized that, LOL! Poor kids are probably going to be staying up with their eyes glued to the screen..."Just 5 billion 999 thousand more points, Mom!"

I woke up this morning at about 5 AM, looked in the communal contest section, read Goober's Lab, points, and 6 million...seemed reasonable. Of course, my eyes were fuzzy, and I didn't have my glasses on, and as my eyes were adjusting, my fuzzy morning brain stated the obvious and said, "Wait a second, that's not six zeroes, that's more."

I do think that 6 billion points in the amount of time given is a wee bit unreasonable, does anyone agree? Even with the multitude of people playing on WW, I'm sure at least 5 percent of them will have forgotten to check back for the goal in the newspaper (some may have thought the prize selection was just a random survey), and another 5 percent probably are going to play the game once and not more.

View Post Originally Posted by Amneris
I think it will help to figure out whether this is possible if we all post our average score at Goober's Lab (check the Scores & Achievements page in the newspaper). Mine is 15,602.
Good idea! My average score is 14021.

Last edited by samoyeds43; 02-26-2010 at 03:26 PM..
samoyeds43 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #129

Toadie is a jewel in the roughToadie is a jewel in the rough

On the Webkinz Newz page where they previewed the Communal Contest, the sample contest goal was to get 1,00,000,000 grocery bags in the Grocery Clerk job with the prize choices being 2,000 KC or PrizeKlaw or Winter Wonderland Bed. I'd like to have had the choice of 2000KC!!
Toadie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #130
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

I agree, Toadie! I think the prizes should have been a little better; perhaps these are just small prizes to get started. It's my hope that Ganz "evaluates" how we did, and decides that for goals as big as these, maybe we need a little more motivation...hint hint. ^_^
samoyeds43 is offline Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: