Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #121
nsoroma79
Webkinz :)

Nsoroma79 is a name known to allNsoroma79 is a name known to allNsoroma79 is a name known to all

Default Re: New Alvin And The Chipmunks Floaty-Clicky in Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by CandyCanez
I think it has something to do with the server you are using, it can be detected which country, place, etc, you are from.
Oh that's cool. I know when I'm in the trade rooms, I still see people from England and Canada in there.

And congrats to all who get to play this promo It's about time y'all get some luvin
Nsoroma79 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #122

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by Iggy
Looks like I'm out on this one, but that is OK. Have fun!!!

On a side note, now that the Mirror Mirror is a link and not just a room, is it open to all to participate? mirror-mirror | WKN: Webkinz Newz

Can anyone see the room any more?

Unfortunately, no. When I tried clicking on the link it tells me that the "video is unauthorized in your region".

View Post Originally Posted by Nsoroma79
So, if we are in the US and have a Canadian account, we won't get it? I have a few webbies I got for $3 yesterday and was thinking about using one to get a Canadian account. If it won't work, I won't bother doing it lol
There is not such thing as a "Canadian account". We simply have "North American accounts". We're Canadian, and if we happen to go down to the States during a US only promotion, we can do it there. If you were to visit Canada during a Canada only promotion, you would be able to do the same.

Last edited by Ritzcracker; 03-23-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Ritzcracker is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #123
ebkinz A.my

AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay
AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay

On a side note, now that the Mirror Mirror is a link and not just a room, is it open to all to participate?
Only American accounts can use the link.
The room is no longer on any of my accounts.
AnotherKinzDad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #124
Grateful
Gift Guru

vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause
vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause

WI Subscriber

Moving this up. I'm in the US right now and got 3 prizes on an account earlier (NA). Not at home so can't try on other accounts until tonight.
vanberk is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #125
I AM CANADIAN!
Gift Guru

FroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talentFroggyDoodle has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by vanberk
Moving this up. I'm in the US right now and got 3 prizes on an account earlier (NA). Not at home so can't try on other accounts until tonight.
So perhaps it isn't Canadian only???

View Post Originally Posted by Ritzcracker

There is not such thing as a "Canadian account". We simply have "North American accounts". We're Canadian, and if we happen to go down to the States during a US only promotion, we can do it there. If you were to visit Canada during a Canada only promotion, you would be able to do the same.
All of these exclusive promos work solely on your IP address. If the IP address being used to connect to the internet is a U.S. based IP address then you cannot do a promo that is for Canadian IP addresses only...but for instance...I am in Canada, and I have multiple accounts, some that I created in the Asian time zone...this making them Asian accounts, however, because I am logging in from a Canadian IP address I can do this promo on any of my accounts...no matter what "time zone" was used when an account was created. However, if I were down in the U.S. on holidays and tried logging in...I would not be able to take part in a Canadian only promo...

It is ALL dependent on the IP address being used when logging in to play on a given day!

View Post Originally Posted by Nsoroma79
Aw man! That's crazy. Do they have a way that they can tell which country you are really from?
They can tell based on your IP address...it's no different than a home address so to speak...but I could be visiting Canada from the U.S. and log in while in Canada and be able to take part in a Canadian only promo...it is all about where you are logging in on a given day!
Looks like I'm out on this one, but that is OK. Have fun!!!

On a side note, now that the Mirror Mirror is a link and not just a room, is it open to all to participate? mirror-mirror | WKN: Webkinz Newz

No, even with the link the video cannot be viewed...I am ineligible because of my location.
View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
If you are Canadian and can not see Alvin (he should appear every 10-15 mins 3 times on each of your accounts). please post here:

Major If you are Canadian and are NOT seeing Alvin...Please post HERE!!!

Thanks a lot
I do hope it gets resolved. Canadian promos are few and far between so I hope it gets working for all. I had no problems whatsoever, Alvin flew at 10 minutes on the dot on every account!

Last edited by FroggyDoodle; 03-23-2012 at 04:32 PM..
FroggyDoodle is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #126
chicklet42

Talking Thanx Ganz

Hey Ganz,
Just a big shout out and an even bigger thank you for finally letting Canadians take part in a fun contest! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #127
ebkinz ExtravaGANZa!

extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness
extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness

Why Canadian only? Isn't it a US Movie?
extravaGANZa is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #128
lisam is on a distinguished road

Bummed for us in the US, but happy for our Canadian friends. There have been so many promos where they couldn't participate. Good luck guys!
lisam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #129
e the people...

MintyPuppy is a splendid one to beholdMintyPuppy is a splendid one to beholdMintyPuppy is a splendid one to beholdMintyPuppy is a splendid one to behold

I wish it was available to the U.S. accounts, too! But, it is good that Ganz is giving Canadians a chance for some cool prizes!
MintyPuppy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #130
Sharronmarie will become famous soon enough

I have so say that Webkinz is not fun for my daughter anymore! She is autistic and doesn't understand why she can't play the contest. I'm glad for the Canadian's, very glad. But truth be told, we all pay hard earned money for our Webkinz, no matter what country we are from and Webkinz should make sure that ALL COUNTRIES are allowed to play in ALL CONTESTS!!!! She clicked on the duck today and was told she had already played. She had not. And the last straw, I went to the Estore to buy her the wonderful little penguin and couldn't get it. I think I am going to start looking at some of the other Websites. The only problem I have is that they use Webkinz in her Special Needs Class. Not a fun day WEBKINZ!!!
Sharronmarie is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
double d scotland, think outside the [box]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: