Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 07:42 AM   #41
Webkinz :)

beancabobs is a glorious beacon of lightbeancabobs is a glorious beacon of lightbeancabobs is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: New Advertisements Provide Clues to New Webkinz World Features

Why can't they just bring back the real life charms. DON'T THEY KNOW SOME PEOPLE CAN'T BUY FROM THE ESTORE???? ;(
beancabobs is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #42
Triton is on a distinguished road

I agree!!! Ganz is getting a little too snobby by catering only to the deluxe members and the e-store items. I recently read in the rumor mill section that people were being told by their Hallmark stores that they were going to quit carrying Webkinz. I am beginning to think that this may be true!!! Ganz seems to be dwindling out the real plushies and going more and more and more to virtual. I agree with someone's previous comment that they only bought the plushies for the virtual pet and wound up giving away the plushies but for my money I did at least have something to show for it. Also I do know some children----which is who this was originally created for---who actually play with their plushie pets. I see kids all the time carrying them at the mall, McDonalds or keeping occupied while an older sibling is playing a sport. I did not buy the charms to wear as a bracelet I bought 3 (one for each of us who plays) and used them like dog tags by tying them with a ribbon around our pets necks. Can't do that with a virtual charm. I bought some of the seasonal clothes and use them on pets as decorations for my home---can't do that with virtual clothes.

I agree that it wouldn't be fair for them to make special recipes for this new stove that not everyone could make. But as we all know who ever said Ganz was fair.

I realize that Ganz is a company and needs to make money but with the economy the way it is they need to change their strategy a little or things are going to be worse for them. If they go to virtual only then my family will probably be done which is a shame.

Sorry to be so negative!!!
Triton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #43

coolbreeze has a spectacular aura about

I personally will not buy (virtual charms) after sending enough money on the plushies, they have got to be kidding! If they could offer something tangible yes but virtual no no no...
coolbreeze is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #44

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by xanadu324
While I do think this is some cool new stuff, I think Ganz is starting to cater just a LITTLE bit TOO much to their "extra-paying" clientele. First deluxe only rares, now e-store only new stuff. Plushies cost good money too, and I'd like to reap a tad more of all these "new benefits".

Rant Over.
you know i have been reading this thread just to see how far i would have to get before someone brought this up. i have been waiting patiently for webkinz to bring back real charms to the stores. i became introduced to webkinz soon after they were pulled from the shelves. i spent a lot on e store charms to access just one of my accounts forests completely. i know 1.50 doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up. i finally caved to the deluxe feature after a rare item i needed to complete one of my rooms was unavailable to me. it caught me on a weak day where i wasn't feeling all that great anyway and bam, there was that stupid gold cap stating back at me. and i justified saying i would save all the e store points and purchase a pet at the end. now to be tempted by the new charms is insane. i miss the days when 90% of webkinz was really available when you bought a plush pet. i even got a klip just yesterday so i could try out zums. this is really upsetting. isn't this a kids toy??? i don't think ganz is aiming in the right direction.
nicolee1978 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #45

satherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of art
satherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of artsatherton is a work of art

What they need to do is come out with E-Store cards that you can buy at Wal-Mart or Target, so that you are able to load that for e-points and be able to use cash instead of credit.
satherton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #46

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

[QUOTE=Adventurekinz;15374255] I decided to donate them (tag free. hee...hee) to a spouse abuse shelter and a local cancer hospital. The point is, the animal in hand didn't have as much value to me as the virtual item. Thus, I gained an appreciation for buying virtual items. Especially when I can purchase an incredible item for less than the $15.00 it normally would cost me to buy a plush.

how about this. call up your local hospital shop. 100% of there proceeds go to the hosptital (mine is working on raising money for a new imaging machine) also, it's a pretty magically spot because you can find many webinz that you can't find in any of your local retailers.(i got a lil unicorn there a few WEEKS ago.) hospital traffic isn't like mall traffic. you get a great contact. mine is a wonderful person who takes care of her display area beautifully. she does it for FREE for the hospital. she will order anything for you. if she can find it it's yours. she will make sure if you don't have enough money this week one of whatever you want will still be there next week. and i don't like to give my webkinz away to charity because all kids, even sick or poor or battered know what webkinz are and seeing that emblem on a pet poking out of a bag and then finding out there is no tag won't devastate them because in those circumstances kids are just plain grateful, but there will be a moment in there minds where they will think there is a code attached.
i see kids with their plushs all the time. just because some people end up with tons of plushs because they can afford 100 webbies doesn't make it right that the e store charges the same for just a code. i don't know about anyone else but i buy my plush pets for the pet because they are cute. not just for the tag. if i could buy all of them i would but i can't so i pick my favorite animals and stick with buying those.
i'm not trying to offend anyone but i feel strongly about this. if your a part of WI then you love the webkinz family too. no matter whch side of the fence your on.
nicolee1978 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #47
chefsnoopy68 is on a distinguished road

I hope the charms will not go up in price.I spent way to much money on the first ones.(bought them in the stroe.) I am wondering if the new stove might be a new game to play. What do you guys think.
chefsnoopy68 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:03 AM   #48

chunkerton is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't wait to try out this new Magical Forest area! I am always excited to have a new area to visit in my daily routine. I am not sure about the stove yet. I hope that it is a game or a class rather then just an item since my webbies just finished designing their dream kitchen!!

I agree with everyone that it does seem that we have to keep spending more and more money to be able to enjoy all of WW, but I tell myself that this is how I relieve my stress after a day of work. I get to go home and play in WW so I find it to be worth the extra money. We all have to treat ourselves to things sometimes and this is what I choose for my treat
chunkerton is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #49
loveemwebkinz

Love'EmWebkinz is just really niceLove'EmWebkinz is just really nice

I think the new stove looks like it could possibly be some sort of a new game. I will just have t wait & see.
Love'EmWebkinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #50
chefsnoopy68 is on a distinguished road

I like the real webkinz, because if you shop carefully you can find webkinz at a discount by using coupons and sales. I like the virtual because I can find things that you cant find in the store. I think they should do both and find away so that every one has access to the e store. I give my extra webkinz to friends who have small children they love to play with them.
chefsnoopy68 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: