Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #541
Webkinz :)

mlachance9 is a jewel in the roughmlachance9 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Mystery Solved, Caring Valley Weekend Sept 11th and 12th

It took me a while to get a code that was for the sapling. After I got it I spent the time and got 3 more codes and donated them to WI. Hopefully they will be lucky for someone else.

I know I've appreciated in the past when I was unable to participate for some reason and was able to enter the contests for codes and get one. So I wanted to "give back" this time. A big thanks to everyone who takes the time to get and send in extra codes!
mlachance9 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #542

triplets mom is a glorious beacon of lighttriplets mom is a glorious beacon of lighttriplets mom is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I'm done for this contest. Today was too frustrating - 17 foods and 1 sapling (the one and only code I sent to my niece, by luck!) I just sent off a few codes to the neighbor's kids, so perhaps some of those will be trees. I donated 4 to WI and now I have a million things to do to be ready for tomorrow morning! Good luck everyone!
triplets mom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #543

webbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledgewebbimom flows towards the sea of knowledge

Yeah! I finally got a tree! (2 actually) If I had known code #10 was a tree I wouldn't have waited for code #11, but now my daughter has two wonderful surprises wating for her tomorrow!!

Off to start school lunches, Good Luck Everyone!!
webbimom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #544
Summer, come back!

kawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comrade
kawee is a saintly comrade

View Post Originally Posted by wyatt061
4 codes donated to WI....... (Plus I have helped out some people who needed codes) I have kept 4 for myself. SO I think I'll keep the next one.

lolz I greedy. XD
Greedy you are not!!!
Thanks
kawee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #545
courage7856
Gift Guru

courage7856 is a forum hero
courage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by triplets mom
I sure hope you have better luck than me! My sister will find 17 whirlawisps, but so far, no sapling! The contest odds are pretty frustrating!
Trust me- I hope I do better than my first tree! It was my 33rd code when I finally got the sapling.
courage7856 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #546
Wacky luvz Jelly!

jellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicness
jellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicnessjellytab is epic beyond epicness

Make sure that you refresh your browser by going to a different page on Webkinz news after you find a tree. That makes the number sign go away. I think that if the number sign is there, no more trees will float by. I was refreshing two windows, and after getting a tree, I would forget to get rid of the number sign, and no more trees would come in that window until I remembered and got rid of the number sign. Hope this makes sense. I'm not sure how to describe it. So far, I got a tree for myself on try number seven, then a tree for my sister after about eleven tries, and still trying for another friend. I have at least ten more codes, so hopefully at least one of those will be a tree, but we won't get a chance to put them in for a while, so I'm going to keep tree-hunting. Good luck, everybody!
jellytab is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #547
Gift Trainee

magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!

Tonight I've just been refreshing, no page hopping, with three browsers open and seem to be finding more trees than I did last night.
magicw is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #548
Gifted

poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

When I posted earlier todays total was 10 codes with one of those being a tree. Leaving us with one more tree needed. All the kids pitched in and tried their best to get a tree for younger DS removed especially my removed DS he put in some hours getting codes. After 41 codes of nothing but food everyone was beyond frustrated. Finally oldest DS found one last code before bedtime and as luck had it, it was a tree. Now everyone has one tree thanks to all the kids working together.

I hope everyone else gets one that still needs one.

Last edited by COWS4YOU; 09-12-2010 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: removed ages
poobears is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #549
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

ABOUT THE MYSTERY MAGNOLIA FLOATER CONTEST

How do I participate?

When you load up any page on the Webkinz Newz website, there is a chance that you will activate a "floater". This is an icon image that starts out on the left side of the screen and literally "floats" (wanders aimlessly) all around the webpage. For the Mystery Magnolia contest, it looks like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Note that it will never float OFF your screen, it will always stay on the part of the webpage that you can see. Even if you scroll up or down the page, the floater will stay in your vision. It will also never go away.

If you find one of these, CLICK ON IT! A new window with a fill-out form will pop up. The form looks like this:

As you can see, you will have to acknowledge having read the contest rules; give an email address (this is where the feature code will be emailed); answer the skill-testing question (so far I've only seen the same math question and the answer is 1); type in the letters and numbers you see in the verification image; and submit the form. [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] will then send a feature code to the email you specified in the form.

That verification image is blocking the box where I have to type the answer to the math question! What do I do?

WI member SillieGoosie also pointed out that you can use your "Tab" key to switch from box to box on the forms, and she's right, that is a really good solution. You can test whether your cursor has successfully made it into the answer box by starting to type and seeing if your typing show up in the box. You might not be able to see the text you're typing completely since the verification image might be blocking a lot of it, but you should be able to see part of it show up at least.

You can also try clicking as illustrated in this image:

That might put your text cursor in the answer field so you can type in "1" and continue on.

What do I do with the feature code that gets emailed to me?

Log into Webkinz World and go to the Code Shop. There you will be able to enter the code. Some of the codes given out as prizes will give you a Mystery Magnolia Caring Valley sapling on your account, and some of the codes given out as prizes will give you a Whirlawisk recipe food (megastove, unsolved). I'm not sure what the ratio of saplings to Whirlawisks is - I've been quite lucky; out of the five codes our family entered, three of them were for saplings; but other WI members have reported getting Whirlawisk after Whirlawisk (in some cases, after entering more than 30 codes).

Please note that if you do get a Mystery Magnolia sapling, it will not give you access to the Caring Valley to plant saplings in there. However, you will be able to use your sapling prize to create a tree for your house, even if you don't currently have access to the Caring Valley. Just go into any room in your house and drag the sapling from your dock (it'll be in the Gifts section) into the room. This will make the tree-designing application appear for you. From there you can design and create your tree.

What if I want more than one feature code?

You can certainly find the floater more than once, but you have to use a different email address every time. If you run out of email addresses, you can always use free email services like Gmail to make new ones. WI user gomommu41 also suggested hushmail as a quick and easy way to create more emails, although this service will eventually freeze out your computer if you open up too many accounts. WI member Oddmeister suggested Mailinator, which is a free service which acts as a catchall. WI member allycat7 suggested something called 10 minute e-mail.

Hey! I found the floater and submitted the form but I didn't get emailed a feature code!

There are a few possibilities as to what might have happened. The first is that you entered the wrong email address. The second is that you were emailed the code, but your email software interpreted it as spam; so check your spam folder to make sure it didn't accidentally get dumped into there. The third possibility is that your email servers are a little slow and it could take a few minutes for it to come in. WI user jellytab experienced this on some of her accounts. She said:

Quote:
About timing of receiving codes: On my Yahoo and aol accounts, it came instantly. On my other accounts, some have come instantly, and some have had delays of about twenty minutes to half an hour. It seems to be my server that is slow. According to the time-stamp, they are sending them all immediately, but it just takes a while for it to show up in my in-box. I know that some of you have been asking how long it takes, so I thought I would give some perspective on that.
The fourth possibility is that your email server blocks anything that comes in from Webkinz - but that's not very likely.

I can't find a floating image!

If you DON'T see a floating image, and your Webkinz Newz page has completely loaded up (seriously, wait for the little "I'm still loading" animation on your browser to COMPLETELY stop), refresh the page and try again. Warning: It might take a whole big bunch of tries before you find one. I've started keeping track of how many times I've had to refresh a Webkinz Newz page before seeing another floater, and so far it's averaging out to 50 tries each (for 14 finds). The worst was 138. This particular contest makes the floater tough to find.

One trick you might try to make it easier is to open up multiple tabs in your browser, each with a Webkinz Newz page loaded. Then cycle through them to refresh. This means that while one tab is waiting to fully load up, you can go and refresh another tab (unless there's a floater there, of course!); then while that tab is waiting to fully load up, you can go and refresh yet another tab (unless there's a floater!); and so-on. By the time you get back to the first tab, it should be fully finished loading and you can check it for a floater. This lets you do many more tries in the same amount of time as it would take to wait for a single page to completely load up.

WI user webkinzweirdo13 also had these tips:

Quote:
I had 8 different windows up while doing this contest~~~I had 6 windows for webkinznewz.com, 1 for 10minutemail.com, and 1 for wordpad. (I copied all my codes to wordpad since I didn't open them right away...it's easier to just get the code, copy and paste it into word, and then go back looking for more trees) I hope this helps!
Another possibility is that you're not seeing the floaters because you don't live in an area that's eligible for the contest. It's open only to residents of Canada and the USA except not for residents of Quebec, New York and Florida. (Please don't get mad at [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] for that; it has to do with laws about contests that those provinces/states have.)

It's too hard to find that floating icon! Please send me the URL of the fill-out form instead.

Sorry, that won't work. Copying the URL of the form page and then trying it again in another window gives you a "page not found" error.

I'm going to get a bunch of codes and KinzPost the prizes to all my friends!

THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE TREE PRIZES. The Whirlawisk can be KinzPosted, but neither the Mystery Magnolia sapling nor the tree you can turn it into are sendable by KinzPost. So there's no sense entering the feature code on your account if you're not planning to keep it; you'll be better off just emailing the code to your friend so they can enter it into their account themselves.

I'd like to donate the feature codes I'm getting to WI. How do I do that?

For the fill-out form that pops up whenever you click on a floater, you can use any email address that ends with "@webkinzinsider.com". I personally like to use "Jackal1@webkinzinsider.com", "Jackal2@webkinzinsider.com", and so-on. That way it helps me keep track of what email addresses I've already used (since the contest doesn't allow the same email address more than once), and the WI folks can tell who it came from.
Jackal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #550
courage7856
Gift Guru

courage7856 is a forum hero
courage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum herocourage7856 is a forum hero

Finally got my sister a sapling- it only took me four tries! [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] must like her better
courage7856 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome..., dizzydessi got a tree, f l a m e d a n c e, midnight magnolia, whirlawisk

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: