Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #221
ants Edward Cullens
Webkinz :)

coolchic775 is a glorious beacon of lightcoolchic775 is a glorious beacon of lightcoolchic775 is a glorious beacon of light

Donation Award 
Default Re: More Leaves in Webkinz World -- Ganz Confirms "High Winds"

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
It's funny, I don't see many kids posting their disappointment, but I sure do see a lot of adults posting
I also am speaking on behalf of my kids. And of course myself. I have to speak on behalf of my kids because they are not allowed on WI. They are too young for WI. In my opinion. But they arent too young for WW. And they sat for hours all week after school to "try" and catch some leaves to no avail. Very disappointing to all of us because them being children were really excited about the event and me as their mother having to make excuses for why there were barely any leaves.

Im sure most of the adults who are complaining about the scarce leaves, are speaking on behalf of their kids!
coolchic775 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #222
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

Well said WI 50ish, I wasted all day yesterday expecting high winds, my leaves must have just fallen off and never fly very much, only caught a few all day. At least today and I can get some stuff done around the house, not having to wait for leaves. Congrates to those whose leaves where flying high. Sorry, for the rest of us whose leaves, never really came. Have a great day everyone.
Babs is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #223
petitepal is on a distinguished road

Don't know where the high winds were but they weren't on any of my five grandchildren's account. Very very disappointing Autumn Festival for all involved!
petitepal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #224

kbugsmom will become famous soon enough

Very well said coolchic775! I agree completely. I too don't alow my daughter on WI, but enjoy being able to share the info with her. That said I also enjoy ebing able to catch the leaves and send her prizes, especially while shes at school all day and they're seen so rarely...
kbugsmom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #225
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I have to say that I did get enough stuff this time (but not massive amounts), but that was only because I sat here every single day of fall fest with a minimum of 5 accounts open for a minimum of 9 hours each day. During "high winds" my family's accounts were getting just a little more leaves (averaging from 1 to 5 leaves an hour--only one account got 5 leaves an hour for the first couple of hours, then it pretty much went to 1 leaf per hour). When there weren't "high winds" the accounts were averaging 1 to 2 leaves an hour with some accounts not getting any over a 2.5 hour time-span and most accounts only seeing 1 leaf an hour.

If my family didn't have so many accounts and if I didn't have so much spare time, I would be like. But since I dedicated the whole week to leaf watching , I have to say it was a real disappointment for me too. I would have liked them to fall more frequently so I could have spent less time on WW during the week (and so it wouldn't have been so boring). Now I won't be able to spend much time on WW this week because I have to catch up on all of the stuff I should have been doing last week.
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #226

Linus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonder

[AUTHOR'S CONFESSION: My oldest daughter, who is wise beyond her years, heard me the "grown up" obsessing about the lack of leaves in Webkinz World this week, and she wrote this for me to give me some perspective.]

Dear Dad,

I had a great time during "Fall Festival." Here are some of the things I did last week:

1) I went apple picking with the family.
2) I went to my first middle school dance!
3) I volunteered at the Chicken bar-b-q to raise money for our spring field trip to Ellis Island.
4) I learned how to make homemade pizza with you (but you forgot to tell me to put olive oil on the pan so the crust wouldn't stick!)
5) I practiced every day for my clarinet solo for the fall concert.
6) I got a 100 on my first advanced math test!!!

That really helped put things in perspective. Webkinz World is a fun virtual outlet, and both the kids and adults in our family have accounts. But one of the hazards of WW is that it's a little too easy to become obsessive. Spending hours and hours looking for floating leaves? Yeah, there are better things to do and I only have myself to blame if I get caught up in the obsession.
Linus is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #227
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
It's funny, I don't see many kids posting their disappointment, but I sure do see a lot of adults posting
Hi everyone,
Dixiecup did have a wink at the end of her quote. She does work to make WI a great resource for us.

The kids under age 13 are usually not members of WI. My godchildren are in elementary school. During the week they have homework, scouts, and chores to do. They get "computer time" on the weekends. I did not want to encourage them to "catch the leaves" until I could see that it was working. When I saw a small trickle of leaves the first day, I encouraged them to play outside in the Summer weather. This Saturday both of their accounts could not login. I suspect the server was down. No dailies and no leaves.

The extra day was a better day on my account to catch the leaves. I was able to catch 11 which I will share with my godchildren.

The Fall festival had problems for many members. I can understand the frustration that many of you experienced. I was frustrated, too. This forum has been a place for people to express it. I think we inspired Ganz to extend the event another day with more leaves for many people.

What I encourage all of you to do is to collect any information you have on the glitches and post them in the new section. Glitch Reports

Did you notice that the leaves floated "underneath or behind" some of the pop up windows, making the leaves "invisible"? Did you have any trouble receiving the prize once you had clicked on the leaf? Please help to give Ganz the details so they can fix the problems. I will start two threads later today, unless someone else beats me to it.

Another thought is to make suggestions for what to do instead of the the floating leaves. You can post your creative ideas in the following section. Ideas For Ganz

We can use all of our knowledge, creativity, and communication skills to give Ganz the suggestions that could make it better in the future. The children may have some great ideas, too. WI is a great community that can be the voice for the children who can not speak to Ganz themselves.

AuntietoEW
AuntietoEW is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #228
Happy 2009 folks!!

Babybreau has a spectacular aura about

I sat there for 2 hours and not one leaf was seen, let alone caught. During the whole week I was only able to catch 3 leaves. What a disappointment. Thank goodness I didn't encourage my nieces to sit and try to get leaves!!
Babybreau is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #229
Liberty

SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!SugarFrenzy is not just visiting!

r they showing up today?? 27th
SugarFrenzy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #230
Plusle and I are
Gifted

elladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud of

i thought it would be done today....still no leaves
i'm younger, although i'm not going to say my age, and i've been looking forward to fall fest in order to make a new room for my new eagle. However, i ended up needing to trade for all but one wheat sheath and all of my trees for the room. this was a major disappointment for me, as i had to lose a lot of items i could have kept if ganz had gotten high winds way before hand
elladragongirl is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: