Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #71
crazy kinz
Banned

1minamouse is a glorious beacon of light1minamouse is a glorious beacon of light1minamouse is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: More Details About Ganz's Tail Towns and Its Effect on Webkinz World

romance, treachery, and tails? hmmmmm. Sound like some wicked house wives club. I don't think I am biting and certainly not advocating that kind of description for my 14 yo DD in their probably target age group.

I do wonder if they will make it similar to Lego, WOW, and such where you buy the program to load with a code to activate. It would make the system run better.
1minamouse is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #72
Webkinz :)

tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible
tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible

Default Re: More Details About Ganz's Tail Towns and Its Effect on Webkinz World

I'm also guessing they want to tap into the farmville-type game craze going on. Problem with that is that why would people go to this site when they can just go play farmville totally free if they want to? I know you can spend money on it-but you don't have to in order to play it. If people don't like farming then there's cityville and a zillion others like these. The second thing I see happening is every teenager 13 and older running off for this new site due to the "romance factor" and less restrictive chat. To me this spells trouble. Thirteen is still way too young for a site based on this idea. I'm sure most parents will agree. How many kids know their parents email information by heart and will sign themselves up without asking permission? It would be so simple to do and they know it.

Final thought is: Thanks director for making all of us adult Webkinz players feel totally silly for playing on a "children's only" website. Sheesh. Way to alienate your adult members by saying that! Now I feel sheepish
tarayvonne is offline Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:47 AM   #73

6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace6Jedis wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I know the name tail towns is NOT adult or teenager at all! Who thought that up and approved it??? When I first heard the name I thought it must be for young kids. I thought of the animated movie An American Tail (Fievel--was a mouse and the main character). I pictured a whole bunch of mice. The name they give this new site does not go with the description they give at all.

6Jedis is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:09 AM   #74

firepuck has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

VERY interesting! It sounds like it's pretty cool. I wonder what the "figurines" will be like. I want to check it out but am terrified at the same time. I seriously don't have the time/money to get "hooked" on another website game and I'm NOT leaving Webkinz. What to do, what to do?? Thanks for the informative update Justin!
firepuck is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #75
This Tiger is
Gifted

Tiger2819 has a reputation beyond reputeTiger2819 has a reputation beyond reputeTiger2819 has a reputation beyond reputeTiger2819 has a reputation beyond reputeTiger2819 has a reputation beyond reputeTiger2819 has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope that the little tail towns figures aren't expensive. If they're any more than what regular Webkinz cost then I'm not even bothering with it

Also is there any way to get a sneak peak as to what the figurines look like? Or what the whole Tail Towns is going to be like or look like? I hope it's not like farmville. It's weird how a long time ago me and a few other people suggested that Ganz make something for the older age group and here it is .

Last edited by Tiger2819; 01-14-2011 at 02:41 AM..
Tiger2819 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #76
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

Wow Justin, thanks for all the Tail Towns info!
A new Webkinz daily coming out... I know we all love dailies!!!
alleine is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #77

tippytoe is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update Justin! I can't wait to see some pictures of the figurines. Hope they're cute! I'll definitely be giving the website a try.
tippytoe is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #78
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

Yeah, no kidding, LOVE the free preview idea.
Before you buy a figurine, you can check out the world a little to see if you're even interested in the way it looks, how you move around, what games and features it has, etc.
But to tell you the truth, I'm too addicted to Webkinz and WI to take on another virtual world!
Even if it is geared more for the adults (which I am).
alleine is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:56 AM   #79

donkeyluv is a glorious beacon of lightdonkeyluv is a glorious beacon of lightdonkeyluv is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Melabella
Needless to say, I am not looking forward to spending more money, and more time to add to my Webkinz addiction, but if I am to be honest, hanging out in a new similar world, without a pet coming up to me asking if I am a "boy" or a "girl" might be refreshing! No one calling me "stew pit" in the park and lastly perhaps no more crying in Tail Town trading rooms????

Here's to giving it a try,
MB
Well said!
donkeyluv is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:26 AM   #80
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

Sound like membership isn't free there since they are offering a free trial. I will just stick to webkinz.
Arte's Fan is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
a blue-dog-frog was here, jackb1014 was here!, s.m.o.p.h.i.e, soa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: