Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default More Details About Ganz's Tail Towns and Its Effect on Webkinz World

A new front page story has been added:

More Details About Ganz's Tail Towns and Its Effect on Webkinz World

Click the image to open in full size.Upon reading many of our members' questions, concerns and interest in Ganz's upcoming virtual world, Tail Towns, I leveraged my relationship with the Webkinz Creative Director to get some more information for everyone. Here is some more concrete, confirmed information from Ganz, and the Creative Director's answers to specific questions I asked him.

Tail Towns is a new line of collectibles from Ganz with a virtual-world counterpart. While this is similar to the model from Webkinz, this new site is designed primarily for women, and requires that you to be 13 or older to play. The new collectibles will be high-quality animal figurines that come with codes that you can enter into Tail Towns.

Tail Towns is set to launch on March 8, 2011, International Women's Day, and the Webkinz Creative Director offered us this exclusive tidbit that should make many of our curious Webkinz Insider members quite happy: Tail Towns will have a free-to-try option. While you won't get the great "estate" feature in the game, you'll be able to try out quite a bit and see if you like it without spending a penny.

When you register for the site, you will create a virtual villager and use skills to complete tasks and build your own town, starting with your own "estate" that will eventually develop into a private village (the estate feature is only available if you enter a code, not in the "free-to-try" type of account). As you collect more figurines and enter more Tail Towns codes, you will increase your villager's abilities and skills.

You can invite friends to join your Tail Towns village, and you can continue to build your villages by working jobs and earning the Tail Towns virtual currency. Special tasks will also earn virtual items and the in-game currency.

In addition, Ganz has confirmed that Tail Towns will have some form of a story line (also known as "lore") which will be "tangled tales of forbidden love, true romance and hidden treachery". It will also have unrestricted chat more similar to Free Realms or Club Penguin.

You can join their mailing list for updates and "exclusive first access to the world of Tail Towns" by visiting the official site: http://www.tailtowns.com.

To address everyone's concerns that Webkinz World may be put on the back burner, as Ganz devotes personnel and resources to Tail Towns, that isn't the case.

Will Ganz shift resources and personnel away from Webkinz if Tail Towns starts to really take off?
Ganz is completely dedicated to Webkinz. We have the plan for 2011 locked and loaded and I'm already planning 2012. Look at any Web Metrics site - we're still one of the top three most played kids sites on the internet. We're not risking that. Also, Webkinz is Flash, Tail Towns is in Unity3D (like MAZIN' Hamsters). The two teams don't overlap.

Do you anticipate that older Webkinz players are going to leave Webkinz World in favor of Tail Towns?
Webkinz is a very robust site with a specific play style. We have lots of arcade games, and lots of collectable elements. I do think that some of the older members of Webkinz will enjoy the expanded design abilities in Tail Towns, and the robust trading/selling features that have been included. The figures themselves look awesome too. But overall it isn't our goal to "move people" from one site to another. In many ways we're looking to get a whole new audience. The kind of audience who never considered Webkinz -- most adults who play Webkinz got into it through their children, or grandchildren.

If so, is Ganz going to make any efforts to hang on to those older Webkinz players inside WW, or are they going to focus their efforts in Webkinz World on their younger audience?
Webkinz has always been for "younger members". But we also wanted to make a site that we enjoy playing. While there are features that appeal more to our younger members (like taking care of their pets) beyond that kids and adults on Webkinz play very similarly. We definitely have more collection events coming and another large daily (ala Jumbleberry Fields) on the way - and who doesn't like getting more prizes?
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

suzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wonder

Smile Re: More Details About Ganz's Tail Towns and Its Effect on Webkinz World

Thanx Justin.
Maybe I can get my mom to try it out so I can see what it's all about.
suzee
suzee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

Horses4Me defies all oddsHorses4Me defies all odds
Horses4Me defies all odds

Default Re: More Details About Ganz's Tail Towns and Its Effect on Webkinz World

Oh, cool! Thanks a lot for sharing that information!!!

I really like the idea of another game with more prizes too! :yes:

I don't think I'm that interested in the new site though...

Last edited by Horses4Me; 01-13-2011 at 07:13 PM..
Horses4Me is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
Diabetes Awareness

suzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wonder

Default Re: More Details About Ganz's Tail Towns and Its Effect on Webkinz World

YAY!!!!!!!! First post!!!!!

Maybe TT is for players whyo find WW babyish?

Last edited by FIA; 01-13-2011 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: first post comments are for the DCT
suzee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
I miss you, Red
Gift Guru

Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered
Lolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter coveredLolith is glitter covered

aw geez...hopefully they won't be cute so I won't have something else to obsess over!

Thanks for the scoop, though, I can't wait to check it out!
Lolith is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #6

~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder~Kiwi~ wows us all with wonder

I wonder what it's going to be like... Hmm.... I'm old enough, I hope it doesn't make me grow out of webkinz xD
~Kiwi~ is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
judyp123

judy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mind
judy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mindjudy999 has an incredible mind

Thanks for the info, Justin. This does sound very interesting indeed!
judy999 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

Thanks, for for the info, Justin. I wad definitely curious about this. I may just try it out.
Babs is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #9
Gift Guru

kittycats10 is a forum hero
kittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum hero

Hmm...sounds interesting.

Thanks for the information, Justin and the Creative Director.

I really hope Ganz will sincerely keep their focus on Webkinz World. The Creative Director made it plain that they would, which I'm glad about. I also hope they'll take some of our WI member's suggestions -- like the Pom Pom Tom for instance!

Have a great evening.
Kitty
kittycats10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #10
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Thank goodness I am not a high quality kind of girl! Me and my stinky cheese shall stay in WW thank you very much
Click the image to open in full size.
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
a blue-dog-frog was here, jackb1014 was here!, s.m.o.p.h.i.e, soa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: