Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #31
Webkinz :)
stamstandael has a reputation beyond reputestamstandael has a reputation beyond reputestamstandael has a reputation beyond reputestamstandael has a reputation beyond reputestamstandael has a reputation beyond reputestamstandael has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme

Thanks Nicolee1978 for pointing out that the full theme tweet was about the new theme, not about the retiring one. I reread it and you are right, we can't rule out science.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #32

nightsdream is on a distinguished road

Oh wow It just doesn't seem to fair to retire a Rare theme especially when collecting them is so time (and KC) consuming on its own... I hope at least whichever theme it is that will retire will have quite a few pieces show up in the Curio Shop between now and then so we at least have a last chance sort of thing to get them...
nightsdream is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #33

maddieplanet11 is on a distinguished road

i hope its the farm theme but i really hope its not emperor theme!!!!
maddieplanet11 is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #34
toricutie2000

toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!

i hope but probably not. the values will shoot up quickly too
Old 04-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #35
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

GAH I have no rares! ...
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #36
Gift Guru

CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!CrystalFlute is the bees knees!

retired curio shop theme certainly is a surprise! I'm going to guess the science, too bad I didn't get to collect that much of it, but you know I am certainly looking for more opportunities to buy those new persian items. I think the curio shop's been getting overloaded lately with all of the retired wshop themes going there in addition to everything else, so I'm glad they're going to slim down the number of items there so there's more chance to get other items.

What are the ages of the curio shop themes? When I arrived there was the kooky scientist, egyptian, and medieval. then came the aztec then persian.

Thank you so much for giving us the update! I've been saving my kc for persian-only but now I know to take advantage of those other themes as they become available
CrystalFlute is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #37
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

Oh, there goes our chance to get pieces if we haven't cleared our cache. I was just building a new medieval room but I think that is the one that should go if any of them do, And pieces of that have been in the curio lately. The science theme could go, but it does not have all the pieces they talk about. There is no dining table with it.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #38
toricutie2000

toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!

the full theme hint was for new rare - not old rare being retired
Old 04-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #39
wabbitslayer77 / 78

wabbitslayer77 is just really nicewabbitslayer77 is just really nice

Does anyone know when each theme came out? I remember aztec came out in jan 2009 (i think). I have all the items from every theme but 3 newer princess items. It took over a year n half to collect everything.
wabbitslayer77 is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #40
Gifted

Ferf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that if they do retire a theme that they offer all the 'rares' in the next few weeks. I know there are many items that I have missed because of when they are offered. It would be nice to see this 'retiring' theme listed in the Curio Shop over the next two weeks (even multiple times) to allow people to get all the items.

Many people say they hope it's Science, I hope it isn't as I have one item that I can't seem to ever get (one of those pesky stations!). I am afraid that it will be the Medieval theme and that is one of my favorites, so I hate to see it go, especially as I have about 5 items to go on that one too.

I still think this is a silly idea. I have to say that I like the rare themes for rooms and only buy the W-shop ones if it's one I REALLY like. I would rather see a W-shop one go to rare than a rare go away. And the issue of helping the new rares come up seems a little silly. There aren't THAT many rares are there? Is it really that hard to have a revolving schedule that has the rares come up once every month or two? If I counted in the WIGEV, there are only about 140 rares, with 9 not having been sold at all yet. At one a day, you can go through ALL the rares in a little over 3 months. This seems reasonable to me.
Ferf is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: