Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #211
Gift Guru

meems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme, It's a Rare Theme!

There are parts to every theme that I like. I find it very intersting that each of us has a favorite. I love that there is so much out there that we can pick and choose which way we want to play the game. Kids can play their way. Adults can play theirs. Trading can be fun but joining the hunt in the curio shop can be just as much fun. And shopping sprees at the WShop can be just as rewarding. (Just like real life)

Many play the games, many like the social aspect, many love trading, and many like decorating. I personally like mixing and matching the themes together. I think each theme has a uniqueness to make it special and appealing to certain tastes. If used creatively, they can look stunning.

What I'm say is that there is something for everyone. I happen to like the science theme. I love the detail in the Egyptian and the new Persian themes. As far as the Ancient Civ theme, I never use it in an AC theme. The wallpaper goes in a city loft. The wading pool goes in a Spa and the torches and pilars are found in roof gardens and Medieval castles. I'm not as fond of the Aztec theme but I think the calandars are awesome. I do know that many of you like this theme a lot and I applaud the fact that everyone has the variety to make the choice.

When the former "Children's" theme was removed a new and colorful one replaced it. So perhaps whichever theme retires, there will be a new and improved replacement in the wings.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #212
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Rosie, we all have outside lives, including the people at Ganz
I know it may be an inconvenience to lose the rares, but I think in the long run, they are really trying to make WW a bit more functional with this. Taking that one set out of rotation MAY make it so that people not in Deluxe will have an opportunity to get those NEW rares (like the Movie screen) without having to go Deluxe. Right now the opportunity seems to favor Luxers more than regular users and I don't think this was ever Ganz' intention
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 08:49 AM   #213
Gift Guru

meems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Rosie, we all have outside lives, including the people at Ganz
I know it may be an inconvenience to lose the rares, but I think in the long run, they are really trying to make WW a bit more functional with this. Taking that one set out of rotation MAY make it so that people not in Deluxe will have an opportunity to get those NEW rares (like the Movie screen) without having to go Deluxe. Right now the opportunity seems to favor Luxers more than regular users and I don't think this was ever Ganz' intention
We were posting at the same time but I basically agreed with you. I think Ganz is trying to make it fun for everyone. If there is something you like less than another, don't bother with it.

As far as Deluxe. Ganz is trying to make it worthwhile to pay for the extras. You can still have a blast without it. You are not being cheated. You have opted not to pay extra for first class. You shouldn't expect the meal.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #214
Webkinz :)

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

i am trying to put together a thread to support the rares being saved. i am hoping our little voices can all come together. i know it's a long shot but i think it's a worthy cause.

Click the image to open in full size.

one more idea........
i thought it was odd that deluxe members were able to get a free machu pichu (i know bad spelling) pedestal as a deluze hourly activity a few times. could this have been a way to make sure all deluxe members would have at least one piece of the aztec theme? i don't recall any other rare items being givin out, just curio shop only items

Last edited by nicolee1978; 04-18-2010 at 09:19 AM..
nicolee1978 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #215
arrior of RiverClan

Hawktalon is a glorious beacon of lightHawktalon is a glorious beacon of lightHawktalon is a glorious beacon of light

I REALLY hope that they DON'T retire the Ancient Civilization theme!
Hawktalon is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #216
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by nicolee1978
i am trying to put together a thread to support the rares being saved. i am hoping our little voices can all come together. i know it's a long shot but i think it's a worthy cause.

Click the image to open in full size.

one more idea........
i thought it was odd that deluxe members were able to get a free machu pichu (i know bad spelling) pedestal as a deluze hourly activity a few times. could this have been a way to make sure all deluxe members would have at least one piece of the aztec theme? i don't recall any other rare items being givin out, just curio shop only items
Love the graphic

Deluxe have gotten several other theme items as well so I'm not so sure if this is a sign or not. Good observation. I hadn't noticed.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #217

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I may be the dissenting voice, but I've actually been hoping that they would retire a rare theme, so that the new ones would show up more than once a year. Some of the older ones have been around so long that few people want them - you sure can't get rid of them in the trading room. They have introduced two new themes in the last few months - it's time for an old one to go.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #218
hoo-hoo!

Honeybear knows the way
Honeybear knows the wayHoneybear knows the way

I've got to agree with Ritzcracker, the original three (Medieval, Egyptian and Science) have been around forever ... and, FWIW, my betting money is on the Science Theme being discontinued. I would be truly shocked if one of the newer rare themes went away.

I would love the newer themes to show up in the Curio Shop more often, especially the Persian one, it's just gorgeous (though horrifically overpriced *vbg*).

We just have to wait and see, I guess!
Honeybear is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #219

mollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by horseluver322
I know! I would like the science theme to go too. I almost got the Egyptian Bed, but, I had to go somewher really quickly and couldn't finnish the trade. I really hope its not Egyptian, and I have a feeling it MIGHT be it or Medival.

Proud Owner of :abn::clyde:Panda, and Dutch Bunny
After I sent that post about not having the golden hippo fridge, my daughter and I were running errands. I found series 1 trading cards in WalMart, and would you believe I got a golden hippo fridge? So that's one more theme where I only need one item (the beautiful bed).
mollee84 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #220
ants to move doors!

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this, but it is possible that the retired theme could end up as replicas in the E-Store. That would give a bit of consolation for the pieces I am still missing, as well as free up space for newer rares and Ganz makes more money! Win-win-win!

Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: