Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 12:32 AM   #201
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme, It's a Rare Theme!

View Post Originally Posted by nicolee1978
i couldn't agree more. many kids cannot get a lot of these rares and many parents have taken to picking up rares for them. i believe this is how many adults started an interest in collecting hard to find items. ganz forgot about the kids ages ago and as long as they have profits they will continue on this path. i have read some posts saying that Egyptian theme is most likely to be retired because it is the only one people would buy replicas from the estore. if ganz was so worried about kids the estore wouldn't exist. how many kids do you know that have credit cards? i don't know any!

i have read posts that say kids seem to buy pieces rather than collect whole themes. this is very very true also. but there are going to be a lot of kids out there waiting for a special item that will never appear again and what if they are not so lucky as to have a nice adult in their lives who follow WI or webkinz tweets? they may never even realize that item will never show up again? even if ganz runs a front page story on WW some kids could miss it. not all kids get to log in every single day and they change the front page twice a week.

i really believe this is not a good idea and it's sad that ganz is doing this. i know traders care about values and the WIGIV and the new values of retired items but this is not what kids care about at all! if they did there wouldn't be kids in trading rooms trading a love puppy PSI couch for a greasy grill!
i agree with everything yu jsut said, and more, i jsut didnt know how to say it without maybe getting tomatoes thrown at me............ but i must disagree with only one thing you said.
it is not only kids who dont care about values of things in ww and are only playing for the fun,
many of us adults play like that too. frankly, most of the time since they opened the trading room i dread reading about the 'value' of this or that item is going down or wshop items dont mean anything................... i dont trade, will never trade and loathe trading if im being honest. i know ganz kinda started it all by making things so hard to find, ig et that ..... but for the majority anymore its all about rare this and rare that. i jsut want to play simply, and its hard just doing that anymore with all the restrictions and glitches and added dailies---- let alone fretting over rare items and trade value and all that. i know we all play the game differently but when kids cant play the way they want because parents get mad if they trade rare stuff for wshop stuff............. well, tell me that its not gettig a tad out of control............... but like i said, ganz kinda feeds into it but still we dont have to bite........ im not liking this new trend i have seen since trading began...... but to each their own.
but thats jsut my two cents.............. dont throw toooooooooo many tomatoes please.

and i predict the science theme will go because in a science lab you make BIG surprises.
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 AM   #202

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
i agree with everything yu jsut said, and more, i jsut didnt know how to say it without maybe getting tomatoes thrown at me............ but i must disagree with only one thing you said.
it is not only kids who dont care about values of things in ww and are only playing for the fun,
many of us adults play like that too. frankly, most of the time since they opened the trading room i dread reading about the 'value' of this or that item is going down or wshop items dont mean anything................... i dont trade, will never trade and loathe trading if im being honest. i know ganz kinda started it all by making things so hard to find, ig et that ..... but for the majority anymore its all about rare this and rare that. i jsut want to play simply, and its hard just doing that anymore with all the restrictions and glitches and added dailies---- let alone fretting over rare items and trade value and all that. i know we all play the game differently but when kids cant play the way they want because parents get mad if they trade rare stuff for wshop stuff............. well, tell me that its not gettig a tad out of control............... but like i said, ganz kinda feeds into it but still we dont have to bite........ im not liking this new trend i have seen since trading began...... but to each their own.
but thats jsut my two cents.............. dont throw toooooooooo many tomatoes please.

and i predict the science theme will go because in a science lab you make BIG surprises.
NO TOMATOES HERE!

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT

NO TOMATOES HERE!

i couldn't agree more with what your saying. i am not a person who trades either. sometimes it feels more like a competition than a game. i think that the kids need to be first in all of this but i don't want to forget the parents who play just to play, because it is there hobby, not obsession. my favorite line i have ever heard on wi is "hey, it's just pixels" and it's true

i hate when ganz takes things away. they don't get any profit from trading between users. why would they want to make items so difficult to get if it's a childrens website and a childrens game?

ok, so i guess a might get turned into ketchup now but at least i am not alone!

Last edited by nicolee1978; 04-18-2010 at 01:37 AM..
nicolee1978 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 03:06 AM   #203

tuppermac will become famous soon enough

I can't say that I really want any of them to retire. If hard pressed, I'd have to say science. It seems to have been around quite a while. It has also been offered a little more lately. I went deluxe about 5 or 6 months ago because I was helping my husband collect the science theme. I was having the darnedest time getting the bed and such. Now we each have a room. I'm missing just one small experiment table, and as soon as I figure out which one it is...

I'm also thinking that the science them was one of the less expensive themes. The pink princess theme is pretty inexpensive also.

If I could just get my hands on one more pyramid floor, I might just be happy to see Egyptian go. It's very expensive. The small tables are about 2000KC if I remember correctly. That's just outrageous!

I think I would most like to see ancient civilations hang around. I still need a few pieces and I'm really having a hard time putting all of the pieces together. I might need to make two rooms. Some of the items just don't seem to match, and the floor is way to pretty to cover up with a whole room full of furniture. Purple chairs...awesome!

Just my two, four, six, eight cents worth.
tuppermac is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 03:55 AM   #204
Sheryl is wacky!

slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness
slbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicnessslbradshaw is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by nicolee1978
i wish they would halt the deluxe only rares for the next few weeks and give all members access to a few rares a day. even though i am deluxe i only have it one one account. if the chair was on the regular member rare list today i could get all the ones i need. i have at least 6 accounts that i either have or babysit or have access because it's a family members account.
I agree. I do not have deluxe and of course the rares I need to help finish the 4 accounts for family members keep showing up in deluxe only so I am not able to get any of them. Just like today, I needed the A.C. floor for one of my DD's rooms and couldn't get it. If that is the one that is retired what will that look like, a whole room of Ancient Civ. but no floor.
slbradshaw is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 04:45 AM   #205
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

well nicollee you and me can be catchup together!

i think that ganz should make the curio shop what it is meant to be............ a place that sells rares. and only rares. the wshop has a place for sale items and besides i never liked how they try t trick people and kids into buying something that costs more kc than in the curio shop. that does not sit well with me, it reeks of wall street to me...........

i think the curio shop has plenty of room for all the rares and discontinued and withdrawn items they ever have made and more in the future if artes is ALL RARES ALL THE TIME, EVERY DAY ALL DAY..................

if you want this than let them know in the ingame suggestion form. they dont have to retire a thing. we can all get what we want. its simple.

i know maybe its off topic, sorry. but what else can i say besides i think the retired theme will be the scientific theme................... and
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #206
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Now, the last time they took a theme out-wasn't it the kids' theme and didn't their clue elude to a song or something? So, just for fun, I googled the lyrics to "big surprise" and found this, clearly a song about goodbyes...It is by the Felice Brothers, now the only "hint" i see in this song is "gears" which could refer to the science theme...but it makes me mad if that is the case because it is one of the few "boys type" themes...Anyhow, not that it means anything, here are the lyrics:

Lyrics to The Big Surprise :
Get the boys turn on the show
Get the cameras set to go
Go tell the host he’s on in five
It’s the day of the big surprise

Oh the waves will rise and crash
And they’ll pound your ship of glass
And the boy in the crow’s nest will cry
“it’s the day of the big surprise”

See how the harbour lights do burn
See the wheel of fortune turn
It’ll turn so fast the gears will bind
On the day of the big surprise

Your jazzy band has lost its swing
Revolution’s lost its ring
When all your love has been a lie
It’s the day of the big surprise

You got his letters in your purse
It’s got me thinking which is worse
The day i fell into your eyes
Or the day of the big surprise

Grab your shovel, let’s get to it
There’s no one way of how to do it
And there will be no woes or sad goodbyes
On the day of the big surprise
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 06:57 AM   #207
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I dunno 'bout that, D-Bird. I am still putting my money on the Ancient Civs theme. More because I know that the original 3 are still available through the Trading card codes in Series one. (This is how I got hooked on the rares I started with an Egyptian vanity chair, Golden Hippo fridge and a Kooky Scientist Thoughtful Think Tank)
Also, as far as we know, no one has unlocked the GRAND PRIZE from the Series one trading cards which is a FULL EGYPTIAN unlock.
My money says as long as there are Trading card codes for Series 1 (and there are LOTS, I just ordered some through the retailer's site) Those rares will still exist. Those codes, though random, are still somewhat pre-destined to be those rares, otherwise we would see TC2, 3 and 4 prizes in them.
Following that logic, the only theme I can see them retiring is the Ancient Civ's. People were very unhappy with the wading pool and the Sandstone spa PROVES they can be more than just pretty, they can function. For the longest time we saw the Ancient Brazier and the urn repetitively in the Curio (after it's introduction). It is not nearly as popular as the Aztec theme was when it was first introduced THAT one was BEAUTIFUL. The New Viscountess theme is an answer to every little girl's dream and it is not so costly, it won't break the bank
They certainly will not retire a BRAND NEW THEME, that Persian theme is MARVELOUS and we all want to see it.
My money would almost ALL be on the Ancient Civ
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 07:02 AM   #208
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I dunno 'bout that, D-Bird. I am still putting my money on the Ancient Civs theme. More because I know that the original 3 are still available through the Trading card codes in Series one. (This is how I got hooked on the rares I started with an Egyptian vanity chair, Golden Hippo fridge and a Kooky Scientist Thoughtful Think Tank)
Also, as far as we know, no one has unlocked the GRAND PRIZE from the Series one trading cards which is a FULL EGYPTIAN unlock.
My money says as long as there are Trading card codes for Series 1 (and there are LOTS, I just ordered some through the retailer's site) Those rares will still exist. Those codes, though random, are still somewhat pre-destined to be those rares, otherwise we would see TC2, 3 and 4 prizes in them.
Following that logic, the only theme I can see them retiring is the Ancient Civ's. People were very unhappy with the wading pool and the Sandstone spa PROVES they can be more than just pretty, they can function. For the longest time we saw the Ancient Brazier and the urn repetitively in the Curio (after it's introduction). It is not nearly as popular as the Aztec theme was when it was first introduced THAT one was BEAUTIFUL. The New Viscountess theme is an answer to every little girl's dream and it is not so costly, it won't break the bank
They certainly will not retire a BRAND NEW THEME, that Persian theme is MARVELOUS and we all want to see it.
My money would almost ALL be on the Ancient Civ
All I can say my friend, is that I HOPE you are right!!! I have hated that theme from the beginning..I love each piece individually, but as a theme together it looks washed out and boring-not to mention WAY over priced...

As for my random act of insanity with the googling lyrics-I'm sure it means nothing-but found it interesting that the song was about saying goodbye (like we'll be doing to a theme soon! ) haha!
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #209
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Put that theme together with an Emperor's Dragon and it's TV and it is not bad. Put some of the Windows from the Halloween theme in there and it begins to look good. Add a couple of Nefaria posters It looks GREAT!
But it is not worth the price, in my opinion.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 04-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #210

rosie11 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme

View Post Originally Posted by VeronicaGee
I'm disappointed about this because there's really very little that comes up in the Curio Shop on any given day. They should just cut back on the everyday Wshop items in the Curio Shop and leave things as they are.

Rares cost a lot and people have to save up to buy them. This makes me sad.

BIG UNWELCOME SURPRISE. Kind of like poison oak or ants in your cereal. boo!!!

This is exactly how I feel. Usually the rares we get are minor ones and only once a day. Some of us have outside worlds that can't afford to be on the computer every minute. I love all the rare themes but they're gonna have to do it more often.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: