Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #191
Lil Kinz

webkinzfan302 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme, It's a Rare Theme!

i think it will b the ancient civilization theme cuz it's the oldest one that shows a date ya now
webkinzfan302 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #192
Webkinz :)

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

i wish they would halt the deluxe only rares for the next few weeks and give all members access to a few rares a day. even though i am deluxe i only have it one one account. if the chair was on the regular member rare list today i could get all the ones i need. i have at least 6 accounts that i either have or babysit or have access because it's a family members account.
nicolee1978 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #193
justacat89
Gift Guru

justacat89 has a reputation beyond reputejustacat89 has a reputation beyond reputejustacat89 has a reputation beyond reputejustacat89 has a reputation beyond reputejustacat89 has a reputation beyond reputejustacat89 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by nicolee1978
i wish they would halt the deluxe only rares for the next few weeks and give all members access to a few rares a day. even though i am deluxe i only have it one one account. if the chair was on the regular member rare list today i could get all the ones i need. i have at least 6 accounts that i either have or babysit or have access because it's a family members account.
Me too....I help my nieces with their accounts so if there are some rares that are for regular members then I can pick up multiples....I didn't think about the extra rares for deluxe members..I'm deluxe so that must have been how I finished my collections so fast...I think there ought to be at least one rare a day for regular members and a second one for deluxe members (or make it so deluxe could buy two of the item)....I don't like the days that have just a deluxe rare
Old 04-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #194
Peace to all

JennaBee is just really niceJennaBee is just really nice

As per the quote below: I have been reading this entire thread because this is of high interest to me and when i hit Ferf's comment I so concurred.

I think Ganz really needs to focus on the kids. Yes, we adults enjoy this, but really, the idea is to have children enjoy. It has become too adult focused and this is an example of the adult focus.

Surely they need to take a refresher course in marketing 101 and focus on who we adults are buying these pet/avatars for.

View Post Originally Posted by Ferf
The more I think about this, the more I get upset at the way Ganz handles retiring themes/items.

This is supposed to be aimed at kids (although I know a lot of us are 'kids at heart'). Most places give you at least some warning before an item leaves.

I don't understand why Ganz can't announce a theme is retiring, make all the items available for a short period (maybe the weekend before) and let people get the items they need. Yes this would drop the 'value' of the item, but I would bet most kids aren't collecting to trade, they are collecting for themselves.

I don't know how to ask them, but I would really like Ganz to consider making whatever theme they are retiring available at Arte's over a weekend. With most themes having 16 items or less, you could do a different 'rare' each hour for a 48 hour period. That way people could fill out their collections, but you couldn't stock up too much.
View Post Originally Posted by Wellwisher

FYI...this is my first actual post! Hope I did it right....
Welcome to posting, Wellwisher!

Last edited by JennaBee; 04-17-2010 at 05:45 PM..
Old 04-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #195

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by JennaBee
As per the quote below: I have been reading this entire thread because this is of high interest to me and when i hit Ferf's comment I so concurred.

I think Ganz really needs to focus on the kids. Yes, we adults enjoy this, but really, the idea is to have children enjoy. It has become too adult focused and this is an example of the adult focus.

Surely they need to take a refresher course in marketing 101 and focus on who we adults are buying these pet/avatars for.

Welcome to posting, Wellwisher!
i couldn't agree more. many kids cannot get a lot of these rares and many parents have taken to picking up rares for them. i believe this is how many adults started an interest in collecting hard to find items. ganz forgot about the kids ages ago and as long as they have profits they will continue on this path. i have read some posts saying that Egyptian theme is most likely to be retired because it is the only one people would buy replicas from the estore. if ganz was so worried about kids the estore wouldn't exist. how many kids do you know that have credit cards? i don't know any!

i have read posts that say kids seem to buy pieces rather than collect whole themes. this is very very true also. but there are going to be a lot of kids out there waiting for a special item that will never appear again and what if they are not so lucky as to have a nice adult in their lives who follow WI or webkinz tweets? they may never even realize that item will never show up again? even if ganz runs a front page story on WW some kids could miss it. not all kids get to log in every single day and they change the front page twice a week.

i really believe this is not a good idea and it's sad that ganz is doing this. i know traders care about values and the WIGIV and the new values of retired items but this is not what kids care about at all! if they did there wouldn't be kids in trading rooms trading a love puppy PSI couch for a greasy grill!
nicolee1978 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #196
Make your own LUCK
Gift Guru

funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep
funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep

I really hope the science theme goes.........ever really cared too much for it and I would love to see a new science-type theme. Most of the pieces look exactly the same.
It has been around forever and not very popular in the trading room (at least no one wants any when I offer it).

The other themes I think are alot more popular......so I'm hoping they stay.
funkyc63 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #197

Safire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to beholdSafire25509 is a splendid one to behold

I bet its either going to be the science theme or the aztec theme. Just my opinion.
Safire25509 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #198
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

Our kids couldn't care less when an item/pet retires. Their interest lies in the games, park, and clubhouse.
WillWork4KC is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #199
Gift Guru

cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master
cupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum mastercupcake00497 is a forum master

I hope they retire the aztec, science or medieval themes I already got all the items to them LOL I hope its not egyptain I already got most of it but I need the tv LOL and thenI be finished with that theme too
cupcake00497 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #200

horseluver322 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by mollee84
Same here. I have all the Egyptian items except for the bed and the Golden Hippo Fridge.

I guess I selfishly would like to see them retire the Science theme. I like it but it's the only one I have all items for. I got two Science beds with Series I trading cards.

Aztec - still need the toybox.

Medieval - still need the dresser.

Ancient Civilization - need the settee, chest, imperial side table and legionnaires suit of armor.
I know! I would like the science theme to go too. I almost got the Egyptian Bed, but, I had to go somewher really quickly and couldn't finnish the trade. I really hope its not Egyptian, and I have a feeling it MIGHT be it or Medival.

Proud Owner of :abn::clyde:Panda, and Dutch Bunny
horseluver322 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: