Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #181
Webkinz :)

nightsdream is on a distinguished road

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme, It's a Rare Theme!

You know I bet it'll be the Egyptian theme that they retire...

After all both the new Persian and old Egyptian theme items are both "desert" type items. They both have a few similarities and it seems in what little time I've been around that Ganz likes to replace things with new items of the same type.

However if one theme is going to go I'd prefer it be the Ancient Civilization theme over anything else... Its the only theme that I've never really liked or could find a use for... I just hope as others have said that we at least get a chance to gather up the remaining pieces of whichever theme is retiring before it goes. Or better yet they realize that this is a pretty odd and unfair for most decision and reconsider it altogether~
nightsdream is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #182
icecream21297

cloverpup1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ooh man, why these themes i was hoping i could just buy the w shop theme but of corse not i hope it is the science theme cause people do not like it. it better not be the egyptian or ancient civilzation i love those! (sorry to the people who like the science)
cloverpup1 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #183

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
There is not a full theme...None of the rare themes has a bathroom The ONLY one that has something remotely linked to a BATHROOM is the Kooky Scientist rare theme and then we would see those Three High tech toilet, High tech sink AND the high tech tub be removed from the W-shop as well. THAT is the ONLY rare theme that has ALL pieces in it
thanks dixiecup for this comment (you always help so much in all areas) it didn't even dawn on me that the high tech bathroom items could be retired as well. it makes a lot of sense. that bathroom set looks like it was designed to go with the kooky science theme. i will have to take my webbie down to the wshop today and pick up a set!
nicolee1978 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #184

♥SMILE♥ is on a distinguished road

Oh no! I am just starting to really collect the rare themes. I hope its one I have everything of already....
Old 04-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #185
Jeelee

Wellwisher is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the welcome DMTig! I have been reading posts for quite a while and have found them so, so helpful! I love this website. I have just been slow in posting!

I know the theme is supposed to retire at the end of April, but have they offered any clues as to when they will actually make the announcement or is that the $100,000 question?

P.S. Speaking of Rare Themes....If anyone else would like to see some room names to match the themes (rare, W-shop, etc.), please send comments to Ganz asking for this. I have sent a few, but am still hoping for the opportunity to name rooms with titles such as "My Egyptian Room", "My Persian Room", etc. Soon, we will need a name like, "My Now Very Rare, Wish I Had all the Pieces ?????? Room"! The suspense is killing me!!!
Wellwisher is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #186
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Thanks for the great info I wonder ??
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #187

AutobotJazz has much to be proud ofAutobotJazz has much to be proud ofAutobotJazz has much to be proud ofAutobotJazz has much to be proud of

Not a retired theme! I still need to finish collecting them! Well if one has to go I hope it's the science theme, that one at least never did much for me.
AutobotJazz is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #188

horseluver322 is on a distinguished road

please dont be Egyptian! i really want the bed!
horseluver322 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #189
Love Life!
Gift Guru

Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest
Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by alleine
I agree with those saying that a Rare was due to retire. Some have been around so long. Proof? I read in this thread a single member has 72 Golden Hippo Fridges. I was pretty surprised when they released the new Princess rare and then the Persian rare themes so close together. However, Ganz says their reasoning was to help new Rares show up more often... making them LESS rare... not exactly a valid argument.

But I also agree this could be a marketing experiment to release the retired items in the eStore, possibly as "replicas" as they have been doing with other "retired" themes lately.
I am the member of 72 hippo fridges and each one was hard to get. Last night I traded the new persian pool to my friend for one because I love them so much. If I had to wait till it came out in the curio I would not have so many.
Gmagator is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #190

mollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by horseluver322
please dont be Egyptian! i really want the bed!
Same here. I have all the Egyptian items except for the bed and the Golden Hippo Fridge.

I guess I selfishly would like to see them retire the Science theme. I like it but it's the only one I have all items for. I got two Science beds with Series I trading cards.

Aztec - still need the toybox.

Medieval - still need the dresser.

Ancient Civilization - need the settee, chest, imperial side table and legionnaires suit of armor.
mollee84 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: