Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 02:16 AM   #161
Supermanfan2
Webkinz :)

WebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the roughWebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme, It's a Rare Theme!

I hope it is the Aztec theme, I just hate that one, it gives me a headache just looking at the over saturated color scheme of the wallpaper and flooring and the harshly colored, not matching furnishings. It was like they designed it in the dark.

But, I have a feeling it might be the Egyptian, it has always been the rarest of the rares and the most expensive, and would truly be a big deal if it retired, and as far as resale goes, it is really the only theme you could get people to buy a replica bed from in the estore. I think a lot of people would pay for the Egyptian bed, it is quite lovely, they could probably sell the fridge once in awhile too, people love that hippo fridge.
WebkinzFrenzy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 02:31 AM   #162
Gift Trainee

magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!

I for one hope it is not the science theme. Not because it's my favorite, but because my dd still needs a few pieces. When I first started playing webkinz, I never thought I'd buy any rares. They were so expensive. Even after I got hooked on the medieval and egyptian, I thought no way would I buy the science. Just didn't care for it at all. But then I bought that, too, I and actually liked it once it was all together in a room. So then, even though my dd wasn't really interested in it, I started buying it for her because she has more pets than available room themes. One of the pieces she needs has not been offered for a full year. And she needs the bed. You gotta have a bed!

I checked, and each rare theme has pieces that haven't been sold for months. So I think there are going to be a lot of unhappy people no matter which theme goes. But my guess would be one of the original three.

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzFrenzy
I hope it is the Aztec theme, I just hate that one, it gives me a headache just looking at the over saturated color scheme of the wallpaper and flooring and the harshly colored, not matching furnishings. It was like they designed it in the dark.

But, I have a feeling it might be the Egyptian, it has always been the rarest of the rares and the most expensive, and would truly be a big deal if it retired, and as far as resale goes, it is really the only theme you could get people to buy a replica bed from in the estore. I think a lot of people would pay for the Egyptian bed, it is quite lovely, they could probably sell the fridge once in awhile too, people love that hippo fridge.
The hippo fridge is what got me started on rares! My first webkinz was a little hippo, so I bought it for her!
magicw is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 03:49 AM   #163
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

Whichever theme they decide to retire, I will be sorry to see it go. Each theme has at least a few interesting and unique pieces that can be placed outside of their theme, making the room you put them in also interesting and unique.

Many do not have all the pieces and this will make it nearly impossible to obtain them. No one will part with them for anything less than a small virtual fortune.

Also, if it's a newer theme such as the Princess or Persian themes, the fairness of this decision needs to be questioned. Several of the pieces for these themes haven't even been offered to the general membership as yet, only to Deluxe.

Lastly, these are all virtual items. How much room do they actually take up so that Ganz feels they have to remove some in order to "make more room"? Guess it's just one more thing that's over my head.
Ranger1985 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 04:31 AM   #164

flutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guideflutterby7 is a golden guide

Angry Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme, It's a Rare Theme!

If Ganz is trying to make more space for new rares in the curio shop, why wouldn't they just leave the whole rare thing alone and quit filling up spaces with ex w-shop items; i.e. kids's theme, dog theme, cat theme. It takes forever for the rare items to make their cycle, which in turn means it takes forever for us to be able to purchase them. SAVE THE RARES
flutterby7 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 04:42 AM   #165
Gift Guru

tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness

My prediction is that it'll be the Aztec theme. Just a wild guess so don't hold me to it! We usually all put money in a pot and write down our guess, whoever gets it right wins the money. The kids love doing that!
tashytoot is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #166
Jess0998

jess0998 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope its a theme that we all have...
jess0998 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 07:19 AM   #167
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

the medieval stuff has been going through a lot. i hate to lose any of them. i wish arte would just open a shop like the w-shop and rotate 10 or 12 items at the time
jagular is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #168
Call me Dianna!

Demi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all aroundDemi radiates beauty and kindness all around

I know this might sound ridiculous but what if they retired the Persian theme? I mean they retire webkinz before they even come out but I highly doubt this will happen. Just a thought. I think it will either be the Egyptian or Scientific.
Demi is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #169
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme

View Post Originally Posted by stamstandael
I don't think it is the science theme. One clue said it was a full theme with bed, dresser, dining table, etc. The science theme doesn't have a dining table.
There is not a full theme...None of the rare themes has a bathroom The ONLY one that has something remotely linked to a BATHROOM is the Kooky Scientist rare theme and then we would see those Three High tech toilet, High tech sink AND the high tech tub be removed from the W-shop as well. THAT is the ONLY rare theme that has ALL pieces in it
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #170
e love webkinz
Gift Guru

scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!scienter is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by jagular
the medieval stuff has been going through a lot. i hate to lose any of them. i wish arte would just open a shop like the w-shop and rotate 10 or 12 items at the time
that's a good idea. Or even have a few more pieces each day. 1 a day just isn't enough. How about 1 every hour?
scienter is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: