Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 09:47 PM   #141
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme, It's a Rare Theme!

Friends Friends Friends hear me on this. Ganz doesn't know the meaning of the word retirement. It seems that everything they say is gone eventually shows up somewhere. So my guess is that any theme they let go of has the potential to show up again either on a card, in the estore or some place else. I think its highly possible we will see certain items from certain themes in the estore. This is only my opinion. Iit just makes sense. Its a wonderful opportunity for them to see if that move will make them real money...lets sit back and watch and see what happens. The estore has been a huge success for Ganz. People are willing to pay money for their virtual images,and lots of money too. So if they stick a retired theme there..they will make a lot of money. This is an idea only...its not based on anything I know..Its only a guess of mine...as nothing ever really goes away in webkinz world..it seems they show up somewhere..so I am guessing where that might be. The reason I have this idea is that Ganz is bringing back so called retired items to the estore already...so why not a rare???? hmmmmmm

Last edited by Tula; 04-16-2010 at 09:50 PM..
Tula is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #142
ait fest, yawn
Gift Guru

AgtPix knows the way
AgtPix knows the way

Donation Award 

Im happy about this.
I was just mentioning this to a friend because they're bringing out so much, so fast, it kind of makes the rares less desirable. Maybe I speak for myself here, but I look forward to the appreciation for the rares which will in return make them valuable again.

I still wonder which theme. I was thinking medieval b'c they have the princess and the persian theme out now.
It could be egyptian because of persian theme..
gahh..I hope i have everything I need LOL
AgtPix is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #143
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by AgtPix
Im happy about this.
I was just mentioning this to a friend because they're bringing out so much, so fast, it kind of makes the rares less desirable. Maybe I speak for myself here, but I look forward to the appreciation for the rares which will in return make them valuable again.

I still wonder which theme. I was thinking medieval b'c they have the princess and the persian theme out now.
It could be egyptian because of persian theme..
gahh..I hope i have everything I need LOL
I really agree they have flooded the rare market in WW and it was getting old. I rarely even get anyone interested in a rare in the clubhouse.
Tula is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #144
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Tula
I really agree they have flooded the rare market in WW and it was getting old. I rarely even get anyone interested in a rare in the clubhouse.
I still like them in my house though
Old 04-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #145
Webkinz :)

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

Which one I hope it is out of the ones listed? - Science.

Which one I think it'll be - Ancient civilization, because I've noticed it's been the LEAST shown lately as far as rares.

Shame really - I really wanted to get the Emperor bed, and may - especially if they DON'T start putting up the good Persian themed items for both regular and Deluxe accounts - will consider if I really want to get one more Webkinz.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 PM   #146

RHPmom will become famous soon enough

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme

View Post Originally Posted by Audreykinz
I hope it is Science. Nobody in the Trading room seems to want that theme.
Not just the trading rooms either. That's the only rare theme that I haven't liked enough to buy at least of few of the items if not all of them. I bought some pieces of the science theme for my grandson, kind of thought he might like them, and he promptly sold them and told me he wanted me to start decorating his house to look like mine (maybe a little more grown up looking, he just turned 14). I still haven't gotten all of the Aztec pieces that I want, so I hope it's not Aztec.
RHPmom is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #147
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

I agree with those saying that a Rare was due to retire. Some have been around so long. Proof? I read in this thread a single member has 72 Golden Hippo Fridges. I was pretty surprised when they released the new Princess rare and then the Persian rare themes so close together. However, Ganz says their reasoning was to help new Rares show up more often... making them LESS rare... not exactly a valid argument.

But I also agree this could be a marketing experiment to release the retired items in the eStore, possibly as "replicas" as they have been doing with other "retired" themes lately.
alleine is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 10:22 PM   #148
zajka
Gift Guru

kiska is a jewel in the roughkiska is a jewel in the rough

Oh, that's cruel. It's gonna hurt some people. There are not too many extra rares around(((
Old 04-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #149
Gifted

Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.
Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.

No offense, but how stupid can you be GANZ? Ugh. You make me sooo mad some times!
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #150
95 wacky Records!
Gifted

dolphin95 swims in greatness
dolphin95 swims in greatness

Thank you, WI, for keeping us so informed!

For what it's worth, here's my opinion. While I'm not a fan of the Science theme, I don't think it will be that one unless it is super unpopular. My reasoning is that is the only theme of it's kind and that it is geared more toward boys.

I think many children don't really care if an item is rare or not, they just buy what they like. My daughter has turned down many chances to buy rares from Arte, because she doesn't like the item. She doesn't buy to collect everything or buy to trade, she only, only, only buys what she likes. If I buy a rare item for her (like Science) that she doesn't like, she will sell it at the WShop immediately. I think there are probably other children like her. I think those of us who are "kids at heart" care more about the rares than the children do. I know I do!

That being said, she really, really wants the ancient wading pool. We just barely missed our chance to get it from Arte's in January, and he has not offered it since. When I told her that Webkinz was retiring a rare theme, she just said she hoped they didn't retire that "special pool" she wanted.

I hope that Webkinz will offered the entire retired theme at Arte's at some point throughtout the day on Webkinz Day. That way, all lovers of the retired collection could complete their room. I know trading values would decrease for awhile, but they would come back up again down the road. Plus, the kids and "kids at heart" would be thrilled that their collection was complete.

Thanks for letting me share my "two cents" worth!
dolphin95 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: