Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #131
ebkinz rocks!
Webkinz :)

Webkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme, It's a Rare Theme!

View Post Originally Posted by Gmagator
I taking inventory of my rares, I have been a big collector/trader, I am trying to get 100 Hippo Fridges, up to 72, please do not retire!
Oh my! 72 Hippo Fridges? That is the only item I am missing from the Egyptian theme I hope I will be able to get it!
Webkinzguy4life is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #132
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by meems47
For the last week Science theme has been coming frequently. This may be a sign.
I had noticed that too... I think you are correct. Also, from the forum chatter, it seems to be the least favourite. I am only missing the Incubation Chamber... as are many collectors... last available April 25 2009!!! It better turn up over the next week!
alleine is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #133
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

I'm guessing it is the Egyptian.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 04-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #134

panda1 will become famous soon enough

I need one more item from the Ancient Civilization, I have everything else (not the two new ones)
panda1 is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #135
greenspryte

greenspryte is a glorious beacon of lightgreenspryte is a glorious beacon of lightgreenspryte is a glorious beacon of light

WI Subscriber
Default Re: More Clues on Retiring Theme

View Post Originally Posted by cdfys
So I wonder how this works with Trading Cards...I've won a lot of rare themed items through the Series 1 trading cards. Wal-mart has started carrying these so they are out there. So if a card is programmed to give a rare item - could people end up winning retired items? Just curious.
I and grandkids have both won rares from cards so I was wondering about this too. I tend to get my cards by the box online, lol. I'm sorry to see any of the rares go mainly because I don't have them all yet. I like the science theme and have it in a couple of places. I think it suits my Tinkerpup well. It would also be nice to see more of then repeated during the day. It's hard for me to get on at work, because I don't dare unless on break. By the time I get home Webkinz think its night.
greenspryte is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #136
Gifted

Ferf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond reputeFerf has a reputation beyond repute

The more I think about this, the more I get upset at the way Ganz handles retiring themes/items.

This is supposed to be aimed at kids (although I know a lot of us are 'kids at heart'). Most places give you at least some warning before an item leaves.

I don't understand why Ganz can't announce a theme is retiring, make all the items available for a short period (maybe the weekend before) and let people get the items they need. Yes this would drop the 'value' of the item, but I would bet most kids aren't collecting to trade, they are collecting for themselves.

I don't know how to ask them, but I would really like Ganz to consider making whatever theme they are retiring available at Arte's over a weekend. With most themes having 16 items or less, you could do a different 'rare' each hour for a 48 hour period. That way people could fill out their collections, but you couldn't stock up too much.
Ferf is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #137
ebkinz rocks!

Webkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with graceWebkinzguy4life wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by Ferf
The more I think about this, the more I get upset at the way Ganz handles retiring themes/items.

This is supposed to be aimed at kids (although I know a lot of us are 'kids at heart'). Most places give you at least some warning before an item leaves.

I don't understand why Ganz can't announce a theme is retiring, make all the items available for a short period (maybe the weekend before) and let people get the items they need. Yes this would drop the 'value' of the item, but I would bet most kids aren't collecting to trade, they are collecting for themselves.

I don't know how to ask them, but I would really like Ganz to consider making whatever theme they are retiring available at Arte's over a weekend. With most themes having 16 items or less, you could do a different 'rare' each hour for a 48 hour period. That way people could fill out their collections, but you couldn't stock up too much.
Very practical solution! Perhaps many of us should suggest this in person...they tend to listen to the masses
Webkinzguy4life is offline Male
Old 04-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #138

1Aramus is just really nice1Aramus is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinzguy4life
Oh my! 72 Hippo Fridges? That is the only item I am missing from the Egyptian theme I hope I will be able to get it!
72 Hippo fridges!!
1Aramus is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #139

cherylkb is a name known to allcherylkb is a name known to allcherylkb is a name known to all

I believe you forgot the "no theme" theme. I wish Ganz would retire those items and put in new interactive ones though I am really pleased with the most recent new themes!!!
cherylkb is offline Female
Old 04-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #140
ow, Proud to be a

CrazyLlama is just really niceCrazyLlama is just really nice

No way, that stinks
CrazyLlama is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: