Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #21
Webkinz :)

()mega has disabled reputation

Thumbs down Re: Kooky Scientist Theme Officially Retired by Ganz!

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
nothing in ww ever has to be retired if they made the curio shop for rare and retired items only . not all of us want or can trade. its that simple. all of us come to the game at different times and those who jsut came to the game and were collecting these pieces must really be wondering what next will be yanked, i mean ive been playing for years and im still not used to it. let alone not even telling any of us what it would be and then not even offering the theme until its 'retirement'.................. not all of us like or want 'the thrill of the hunt'.
You keep forgetting they want to retire stuff so they can sell it on the eStore. I regret that I did not get as many items as I would have liked. I would like to have gotten more beds and globes and such but as with you my life is not dedicated to getting Webkinz rares or whatever all the time. My kids have so many sites and also I like keeping them outdoors rather then stuck behind a monitor.

Anyway... Not much we can do, any suggestion (which I think is good), will fall on deaf ears. Ganz is only interested in one thing "MAKING MONEY", or wait two things... BOTTOM LINE.

Sorry I'll get off my soap box. =)
()mega is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #22

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

Default Re: Kooky Scientist Theme Officially Retired by Ganz!

there was a lot of opposition to this and support. but ganz is going to do what they do. and there is a hint in there that arte might find more pieces! so, the best we can hope for is estore. and i believe that is exactly where it is going.

i agree totally with basmat. she said it perfectly

mega, this is a fine soapbox to stand on!
nicolee1978 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #23

Linus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonderLinus wows us all with wonder

Goodbye, Kooky Scientist!

When they gave us the hint "It is big!" I was worried we'd lose the Ancient Egyptian theme, which is probably my favorite.

I like the Kooky Scientist theme, but I agree with a lot of others. If something had to go, this was the one I'd miss the least. I've already collected the pieces I want, and I already have a Science Room that I really like, so I wasn't collecting any more. And most of these items never fetched much in the trading room. But I did especially like the globe, the dream-o-meter bed, and the brain!

I agree with some other comments that it's a shame to lose another theme geared to boys. Hockey, space, kooky scientist, even the old kid's theme were all themes that were good for boys to build with. Oh well, at least new themes have been coming out fairly frequently. I've been waiting for WW to retire one of the overabundance of pink themes, which would have been my first choice for the chopping block.
Linus is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #24

TJEB is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew they where going to retire this theme they have been selling alot of it since they anounced they where retiring a theme. I only wish I had collected all the pieces i've only been a webkinz member for about 6 month's.
TJEB is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #25
Mo Ikai, onigai!

catspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guidecatspaws is a golden guide

PHEW! wow.. I was so scared it was going ot be a theme I really wanted! like.. the egypt one!
Well, if Ganz had to retire one.. I'd say this is the best choice!
catspaws is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #26

Lovepooh331 is on a distinguished road

I agree with ya'll they shouldnt have retired a theme without giving us the opportunity to collect all the pieces. I am just relieved it is this theme and not the Aztec or Egyptian that I am missing pieces to.
Lovepooh331 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #27
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

How disappointing that Ganz didn't even think to make sure they offered the Incubation Chamber over the last two weeks before retiring this theme... it has not been available for sale in OVER A YEAR!!! It was the only piece I was missing from this collection, and I have heard several other members here mention the same thing.
alleine is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:30 AM   #28
allthatshimmerz

allthatshimmerz has disabled reputation

In reading the posts where people expressed opinions about which theme Ganz should retire, I noticed that Kooky Scientist was a favorite theme for quite a few WI'ers.

Now that we have official confirmation that it is retired, I just want to pass along a few words of support and condolence to everyone who hoped that the science theme would not be the one retiring. I sincerely hope you were able to purchase everything you need and if not, I hope you will be able to find the rest via trading.
allthatshimmerz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #29
allthatshimmerz

allthatshimmerz has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Linus
Goodbye, Kooky Scientist!

I agree with some other comments that it's a shame to lose another theme geared to boys. Hockey, space, kooky scientist, even the old kid's theme were all themes that were good for boys to build with. Oh well, at least new themes have been coming out fairly frequently. I've been waiting for WW to retire one of the overabundance of pink themes, which would have been my first choice for the chopping block.
Given the overabundance of pink items, I agree with you that the next theme to go would be something pink. Again, I'm very sorry to WI'ers who will miss the Kooky Scientist, especially since it was a good theme for boys.
allthatshimmerz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:55 AM   #30

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I was a bit surprised by the article mentioning two W-shop items as being part of this theme. I really never thought of the High-tech toilet and sink as being in this set, and if you're going to include those two, why not the High-tech tub, which matches the toilet and sink?
Ritzcracker is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
charis99, goodbye. :(, gooooooooo science!, kooky theme goodbye, owl city, paardengek12 waz herez!, science rocks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: