Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #111
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru
kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Kinzville Times Error Confuses Webkinz Players *UPDATE*

View Post Originally Posted by Bloo's Pal
While Ganz's User Agreement goes on (and on and on and on and on...) about the fact that they can do whatever they want, and drop whatever they want, and make any mistake without being held accountable, the Agreement acknowledges in two places that sometimes their assertions are just words aimed to confuse and intimidate. At the end of the long section titled Disclaimers, the Agreement says, "Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties and the above disclaimers may not apply to you to the extent prohibited." And in the middle of the section on Limitations of Liability it acknowledges: "Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you." In other words, even though they claim to be legally responsible for nothing, it ain't necessarily so. Depending on where you live, you may be able to hold Ganz responsible for bait and switch involving real dollars.

Even if Ganz's action is legal, it seems to me that what a company can do legally is not necessarily what it should do when that action (or nonaction) not only harms its customers but also reflects so badly on the company that it drives the customers away. You'd think that simple self interest would make the management think twice about its shortsighted decision. Perhaps if enough people called and reminded them of that they would rethink their decision.
Hmm, very good points. I think I shall look into this further in my state and with the Better Business Bureau and see what they say about it and then give Ganz another little phone call. Then I will tell them I am not buying another stitch of Kinzstyle, so they better burn those to keep warm this winter as the money starts to dwindle and others follow suit. After that, they can see if that blanket usage of "terms of agreement" will keep them toasty and the money becomes less and less. I know I will not be spending anywhere near what I had before. I did not buy any plush this month and don't foresee any on the horizon next month either. When deluxe runs out in April, we will no longer participate in that either. I have a feeling the more they shoot themselves in the foot, the faster their time will come to an end.

I have seen cabbage patch dolls come and go, tickle me elmo's, beanie babies, etc, etc. This is yet another phase and eventually it too will run its course.
kinzmom1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

confusion was here!!! :o, f l a m e d a n c e

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: