Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #101
Webkinz :)

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

Default Re: Kinzville Times Error Confuses Webkinz Players *UPDATE*

Kinzmom, I personally was delighted to see that the clothes were for PJ's, since I seldom buy the real clothes. However, I think that the failure of the Ganz people to accept responsibility for their mistake and recompense the many customers who have been financially harmed by it is unethical and perhaps illegal.

It seems very shortsighted of them to be taking this very customer-unfriendly position. Perhaps they stupidly think that after wasting your real money on items that can be bought for Kinzcash, you'll rush out and buy still more real items to replace the bags you lost. They don't seem to realize that the bad taste left by their uncaring attitude will lose them much more than they would lose by doing the right thing.

I just checked Ganz's online catalog to see what they actually say you get with a clothing code. They specifically say that "each piece comes with a Feature Code that unlocks a visit to the Kinzstyle Shop to buy a super special piece of clothing ...not found anywhere else." It seems to me that they are engaging in false advertising if they don't make good on their mistake. It's like the illegal bait-and-switch scam in which a store advertises a great item at a very low price and then tells customers that they are sold out of that item and try to steer the customers to another item. Perhaps you and all the others who were hurt by the mistake should call the Attorney General's office or the Better Business Bureau if Ganz continues to refuse to correct the situation.

Good luck.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #102

Rareone is on a distinguished road

I too have been dealing with Ganz on this issue, and am very unsatisfied with what seems like their usual attitude of {don’t' worry about the customer they will just keep buying our items anyway no matter how we treat them.}

I HIGHLY suggest that EVERYONE that had used from one bag to several call Ganz ASAP and complain, and tell your friends to do the same. The only way they are going to consider changing the way they have handled this is if they see the amount of customers they are affecting, and how much real money these customers have spent, some of these customers were children that saved their money to buy these items for themselves!

Bloo's Pal you have some great comments there, and I personally will be following up on one or two of them once I see what the final outcome is. I have let Ganz slide and disappoint my kids for MANY things, and this one is the last straw as they say. If need be I will launch a full Facebook campaign and get the press in on it, we all know how companies love to get the press involved with them doing a disservice to children...

I have spoken with the Supervisor, who was very polite, and saying to me the same thing he is allowed to say to everyone. It's not his fault the company he works for won't let him make this right. Please try not to take it out on him when you call, just let him get your information so he can do his job for us. I know how frustrating this is, believe me, but I think we need to make sure we focus our energies where they belong, and it's not screaming at a Supervisor that doesn't make the decisions. And honestly, if he had let random folks have their bags back you know what kind of an issue that would have started, so he has to do what he is told and not let anyone have their bags back.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS CALL GANZ ASAP if you want to make a difference! 1-888-818-8770

Sad and frustrated with Ganz
Rareone is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #103
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Bloo's Pal
Kinzmom, I personally was delighted to see that the clothes were for PJ's, since I seldom buy the real clothes. However, I think that the failure of the Ganz people to accept responsibility for their mistake and recompense the many customers who have been financially harmed by it is unethical and perhaps illegal.

It seems very shortsighted of them to be taking this very customer-unfriendly position. Perhaps they stupidly think that after wasting your real money on items that can be bought for Kinzcash, you'll rush out and buy still more real items to replace the bags you lost. They don't seem to realize that the bad taste left by their uncaring attitude will lose them much more than they would lose by doing the right thing.

I just checked Ganz's online catalog to see what they actually say you get with a clothing code. They specifically say that "each piece comes with a Feature Code that unlocks a visit to the Kinzstyle Shop to buy a super special piece of clothing ...not found anywhere else." It seems to me that they are engaging in false advertising if they don't make good on their mistake. It's like the illegal bait-and-switch scam in which a store advertises a great item at a very low price and then tells customers that they are sold out of that item and try to steer the customers to another item. Perhaps you and all the others who were hurt by the mistake should call the Attorney General's office or the Better Business Bureau if Ganz continues to refuse to correct the situation.

Good luck.
Oh, Bloo's, I too am glad to see them add things to PJs and wshop. They've had the same items sitting in there forever and the only way to get anything new was to solve a clothing recipe.

My issue was with them not refunding the bags we used when these items showed up in Persephone's shop as "exclusively" hers. I forgot to add that one of the things the sales rep mentioned to me on the phone that under their "user agreement" they have the right to make changes to their site and merchandise without prior notice, so they were completely within their right. (Like when they change the pet graphics, games, etc. too). I am not buying another stitch of kinz style. I don't care if they come out with the crown jewel of Kinz style that everyone just has to have. Right now, I am not keen on spending another dime on anything of theirs.

Let them hide under the blanket of their "user agreement terms". Hope it keeps them warm when the money runs out.
kinzmom1924 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #104

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

View Post Originally Posted by kinzmom1924
Oh, Bloo's, I too am glad to see them add things to PJs and wshop. They've had the same items sitting in there forever and the only way to get anything new was to solve a clothing recipe.

My issue was with them not refunding the bags we used when these items showed up in Persephone's shop as "exclusively" hers. I forgot to add that one of the things the sales rep mentioned to me on the phone that under their "user agreement" they have the right to make changes to their site and merchandise without prior notice, so they were completely within their right. (Like when they change the pet graphics, games, etc. too). I am not buying another stitch of kinz style. I don't care if they come out with the crown jewel of Kinz style that everyone just has to have. Right now, I am not keen on spending another dime on anything of theirs.

Let them hide under the blanket of their "user agreement terms". Hope it keeps them warm when the money runs out.
While Ganz's User Agreement goes on (and on and on and on and on...) about the fact that they can do whatever they want, and drop whatever they want, and make any mistake without being held accountable, the Agreement acknowledges in two places that sometimes their assertions are just words aimed to confuse and intimidate. At the end of the long section titled Disclaimers, the Agreement says, "Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties and the above disclaimers may not apply to you to the extent prohibited." And in the middle of the section on Limitations of Liability it acknowledges: "Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you." In other words, even though they claim to be legally responsible for nothing, it ain't necessarily so. Depending on where you live, you may be able to hold Ganz responsible for bait and switch involving real dollars.

Even if Ganz's action is legal, it seems to me that what a company can do legally is not necessarily what it should do when that action (or nonaction) not only harms its customers but also reflects so badly on the company that it drives the customers away. You'd think that simple self interest would make the management think twice about its shortsighted decision. Perhaps if enough people called and reminded them of that they would rethink their decision.
Bloo's Pal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #105
silverpelt7
Silverduck1997 is an unknown quantity at this point

Exclamation Kinzstyle SHOP at Kinzstyle OUTLET?

Did anyone else noticed that some Kinzstyle SHOP are in the outlet? Anyone?
Silverduck1997 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #106
Banned
Honeyz Web has a spectacular aura aboutHoneyz Web has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Kinzstyle SHOP at Kinzstyle OUTLET?

They are not kinzstyle. They are outlet. The programmers at ganz messed up and it got put in the wrong shop.
Honeyz Web is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #107
silverpelt7
Silverduck1997 is an unknown quantity at this point

But if we already bought them,can we keep them?
Silverduck1997 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #108
Squirrel♥Megadeth!
Gifted

DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!DragonforceFan3 is headed for the top!

were any retired? does anybody know?
DragonforceFan3 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #109
Banned
Honeyz Web has a spectacular aura aboutHoneyz Web has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by Silverduck1997
But if we already bought them,can we keep them?
Yes. It dose not matter where they are purchased. If you bought them, They're Yours to keep.
Honeyz Web is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #110
Spike <3

wormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guidewormie431 is a golden guide

Those look good on my Himalayan
wormie431 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
confusion was here!!! :o, f l a m e d a n c e

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: