Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #321
Gifted

joshgrobanfan will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Kinzville Park is NOW Open - Update: Closed for Improvements

Wow. Interesting points. I know they're probably trying to make things work right, but there have been a lot of disappointments recently, too. They do seem to have a philosophy of "get it out there now" rather than "wait until we have it working perfectly first." The more new stuff they put out, the more it keeps us interested. They should test things better first.

There is a fear they could just pull the plug on the whole thing, but can you imagine how much money is coming in? I really doubt they'd just call it quits because too many people complain. They're probably making a fortune on us. They're dominating the safe kids' toy/websites.

View Post Originally Posted by GemaL
OK, so the Park and the Clubhouse still aren't up and working. It's kinda' like the old adage: "Bananas are $.10/lb, but we don't have any"...you can now search for the ghost every two hours, except that you still can't get in to the Clubhouse. So, what wil they do now for all those disappointed kids?

Is anyone other than myself slightly offended that the "closed" notices direct you to the Ganz eStore as an option? You'll note they don't take you back to the main site - they want you to spend more of your hard-earned cash to buy more virtual stuff. Sorry to vent, but I'm really getting disgusted by Ganz.

As time goes on and the problems continue and expand, our family downsizes more and more with the money we spend on WW, now having cut out the eStore entirely. I understand everyone's frustration, but I will NOT telephone Ganz for one reason: Ganz has the right to discontinue the WW site whenever they chose to do so. As the complaints roll in, I wonder if they're rethinking the wisdom of providing this site. Surely they must be finding they have to devote more and more time, money and staff to answering their phones, correcting individual accounts, and updating their offerings. They can pull the plug at any time - the site is at their discretion, and there's nothing we can do if they decide to discontinue it. Why sink more of our money into virtual pixals with nothing to show for it if they close it down?

Any thoughts?
joshgrobanfan is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #322
GemaL oves Wacky!
Webkinz :)

GemaL is a name known to allGemaL is a name known to allGemaL is a name known to all

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by joshgrobanfan
There is a fear they could just pull the plug on the whole thing, but can you imagine how much money is coming in? I really doubt they'd just call it quits because too many people complain. They're probably making a fortune on us. They're dominating the safe kids' toy/websites.
Truly, joshgrobanfan, I don't mean to be argumentative and you are correct that Ganz is making a bundle on us. I appreciate your commentary.

My concern is that WW has become TOO popular and addictive, and Ganz may have underestimated the requirements of maintaining their offerings. I see more and more comments on this and other boards where kids have become so disillusioned, and parents are concerned about limiting computer time and are tired of explaining to their little ones- yet again - why WW isn't working. Consumers really are getting tired of this, and it wouldn't be the first craze to end. Remember Cabbage Patch dolls? Ganz can still sell their plushies, etc. - as they did before - without online WW. Sure, not as much fun, but it is a possibility.

Bigger companies than Ganz have pulled back or closed down. We used to have Pan American and Eastern Airlines, Oldsmobile cars, etc. These days, anything is possible.
GemaL is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #323

Talini has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by joshgrobanfan
Wow. Interesting points. I know they're probably trying to make things work right, but there have been a lot of disappointments recently, too. They do seem to have a philosophy of "get it out there now" rather than "wait until we have it working perfectly first." The more new stuff they put out, the more it keeps us interested. They should test things better first.

It is possible that Ganz does not have a lot of experience with IT-type projects. I think they have done a phenomenal job so far. Producing something like this is extremely difficult. Many of the things in Webkinz are very well thought out, I think. Putting a new feature of an online game out there is always a challenge. I do not know if they have a mirrored test server environment or how they are testing, but in my experience, I perfer to tell the customer that something is not yet ready than to put it out there "broken".

Still, kudos to Ganz - what a fun site!
Talini is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #324
ho is Tinker?
Gifted

florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!

I too am concerned that Ganz may pull the plug on the site and am questioning the wisdom of spending more money on virtual objects. On the other hand, since I am mainly interested in the site because I have fun decorating rooms and collecting things (like candy ha ha), I look at it as a form of entertainment. So, instead of going to a movie, I spend the $40 that little adventure usually costs at the e-store. In the end, I get a longer period of enjoyment from the e-store items than the movie.

Just a different way of looking at it.

Florida
florida is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #325
GemaL oves Wacky!

GemaL is a name known to allGemaL is a name known to allGemaL is a name known to all

Donation Award 

LOL - Ganz may actually be doing us a favor. It's a beautiful day here in New England and I'm about to leave to pick up my grandchildren at school. Think we'll go to the playground where we will have actual fresh air and actual exercise with actual playmates. This beats hunting for virtual ghosts to receive virtual candy to get a virtual jack o-lantern anyday.

Enjoy your day too!
GemaL is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #326
Gifted

Nakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clown

Even with glitches, I have tons of fun in WW.
I don't want to quit at all. I'm an adult, I can handle a little dissapointment.
I think it's definatly worth the money I invested so far, and I have seriously about 50 unadopted webbies waiting. In fact, I just bought myself some Lilkinz today.
I also can't wait for the Zumbuddies.
Nakisha is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:48 AM   #327

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by GemaL
LOL - Ganz may actually be doing us a favor. It's a beautiful day here in New England and I'm about to leave to pick up my grandchildren at school. Think we'll go to the playground where we will have actual fresh air and actual exercise with actual playmates. This beats hunting for virtual ghosts to receive virtual candy to get a virtual jack o-lantern anyday.

Enjoy your day too!
Good to get some realistic perspective on this whole matter...
Ritzcracker is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #328

stinglerrxx24 is on a distinguished road

if only i could get in
stinglerrxx24 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #329
egg
Run Mouse Run!

egg is just really niceegg is just really nice

I love WW, but they should stop all these glitches. Maybe Bill Gates can help out! LOL
egg is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #330
Peace to all

JennaBee is just really niceJennaBee is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by florida
On the other hand, since I am mainly interested in the site because I have fun decorating rooms and collecting things (like candy ha ha), I look at it as a form of entertainment. So, instead of going to a movie, I spend the $40 that little adventure usually costs at the e-store. In the end, I get a longer period of enjoyment from the e-store items than the movie.

Just a different way of looking at it.

Florida
Rgith on Florida
Everytime we choose to see a negative as a positive, we win. Our health is supported and the people around us get a smiling person to be around. There is much more to it, but those two things alone should make us all strive to choose seeing the positive in as much as possible.
JennaBee is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
be patient!, dudeness was here (:, fix the park!, glitches, hurricanes, i <3 the park!, i cant wait! :), i got in!, i hate the new park, i luv the new park!!, i want the kc to work!!, ican'tgetinthepark:(, stay positive, the thriller wuz hee-ah!, tħɛ Σνυʟ Σʟɩʈε, works perfect come n, yay for batty!! :)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: