Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #101
Webkinz :)

cfent57 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Kinzville Park & Clubhouse down for Improvements

we still can't get in either so sad
cfent57 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #102
Wacky and
Gifted

aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day
aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day

I am going to call Gantz now! I am mad!
We have, or at least try to have a life outside of WW!
I want candy!
aug2168 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #103
Lil Kinz

sillydaddy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by knittinjo
Does anybody know what the inside of Ganz corp. offices looks like? In my minds eye it looks like a Nasa control room. Now with all of the new stuff trying to be put on line, do you think there is yelling and running around. But in the real world, missing dead lines, i.e. zumbuddies, and messing up the park, and finally getting Halloween almost right and throwing a wrench into that........ do you think people get fired for these kinds of mistakes? Bottom line, is we are playing a game, that yes we payed for, but are peoples jobs on the line because this stuff doesn't work when, and how it is supposed to?
I'm guessing it looks like most other web application development houses. Mostly geeks and some management sprinkled in to herd the cats (something I've also had to do). I'm also guessing (because I am one) that the server administrators got little sleep last night because they are trying to figure out how to deal with the unexpected increased load (which may be caused by the programs itself, so some programmers would probably be losing sleep).

My semi-technical guess (aka WAG) is that these issues are a result the increased use of zones, which are getting hit pretty hard with all this increased use. The zones are a way of combining the servers individual accounts are on.

I'm not sure if anyone is getting fired, since the different problems probably have different roots so the blame may be distributed. Someone should be looking at the group in charge of quality control, or the entire quality control process at Ganz. Quality development does not appear to be part of the culture of Ganz's webkinz group, and it shows. I guess they're more into cool ideas that making sure those ideas work (I am playing for the cool ideas, but some reliability would be *great*.)

And, oh yeah, the park and clubhouse are still down. - 2009-10-29 10:00 KT (on server 4, KT varies slightly depending on your server)
sillydaddy1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:06 AM   #104
scottashley
Gifted

scottashley is a splendid one to beholdscottashley is a splendid one to beholdscottashley is a splendid one to beholdscottashley is a splendid one to behold

Ganz says that the two issues are not related. The only issue I noticed yesterday with the Kinzchat was that the ghost pattern had changed. It didn't appear in the order I was use to (Party, Girls Rule, Garden.) It skipped the middle room and didn't appear in the third room til 30 minutes after appearing in the first. Maybe that's what they are fixing. But still... It's taking way too long to fix it. They need to focus on the Clubhouse and put the park off til next week.
scottashley is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #105
dancing is for

disneyfreak102 wears the mantle of perfection with gracedisneyfreak102 wears the mantle of perfection with gracedisneyfreak102 wears the mantle of perfection with gracedisneyfreak102 wears the mantle of perfection with gracedisneyfreak102 wears the mantle of perfection with gracedisneyfreak102 wears the mantle of perfection with gracedisneyfreak102 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

This is frustrating... I was so excited yesterday morning for the kinzville park to open.. I got home from my school dance (3:15) and I didn't have time to go on the computer because I had to go to dance (5-7) when I got home it was about 7:30, so I thought alright this is my time!! My time to see the new park! My heart was pounding because I was so excited, I click on kinzville park and it was closed!
Thanks Ganz for ruining my excitment!
disneyfreak102 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #106
gianna67

gianna67 will become famous soon enough

Omg i am so excited i love trick or treating in the club house yea

;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d

View Post Originally Posted by scottashley
Ganz says that the two issues are not related. The only issue I noticed yesterday with the Kinzchat was that the ghost pattern had changed. It didn't appear in the order I was use to (Party, Girls Rule, Garden.) It skipped the middle room and didn't appear in the third room til 30 minutes after appearing in the first. Maybe that's what they are fixing. But still... It's taking way too long to fix it. They need to focus on the Clubhouse and put the park off til next week.
GOOD IDEA I WILL DO THAT BECAUSE THE PARK WILL BE CROWDED JUST LIKE THE CLUBHOUSE WAS WHEN IT FIRST OPENED

Last edited by gianna67; 10-29-2009 at 09:16 AM..
gianna67 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #107
Gifted

monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!

They're both still closed . . . Arrgh. I'd like to ghost hunt, and I've yet to see the Kinzville Park.
monkeys12rule is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #108
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

View Post Originally Posted by sillydaddy1
I'm guessing it looks like most other web application development houses. Mostly geeks and some management sprinkled in to herd the cats (something I've also had to do). I'm also guessing (because I am one) that the server administrators got little sleep last night because they are trying to figure out how to deal with the unexpected increased load (which may be caused by the programs itself, so some programmers would probably be losing sleep).

My semi-technical guess (aka WAG) is that these issues are a result the increased use of zones, which are getting hit pretty hard with all this increased use. The zones are a way of combining the servers individual accounts are on.

I'm not sure if anyone is getting fired, since the different problems probably have different roots so the blame may be distributed. Someone should be looking at the group in charge of quality control, or the entire quality control process at Ganz. Quality development does not appear to be part of the culture of Ganz's webkinz group, and it shows. I guess they're more into cool ideas that making sure those ideas work (I am playing for the cool ideas, but some reliability would be *great*.)

And, oh yeah, the park and clubhouse are still down. - 2009-10-29 10:00 KT (on server 4, KT varies slightly depending on your server)
Welcome and what a great post. I am sure you have been a lurker like me, but then something pulls you out that makes you crazy and bang you are part of the family!

View Post Originally Posted by gianna67
Omg i am so excited i love trick or treating in the club house yea

;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d

GOOD IDEA I WILL DO THAT BECAUSE THE PARK WILL BE CROWDED JUST LIKE THE CLUBHOUSE WAS WHEN IT FIRST OPENED
This is what I did yesterday. I didn't even try to get into the park, it will be here for a while, but the ghost is only hear till Saturday. I managed to get one candy before everything was shut down. It did take all day just to get the one candy.

As soon as it is up and running I am sure the fun will be back, it is just the waiting that is driving my crazy!

Last edited by rollingfur; 10-29-2009 at 09:31 AM..
rollingfur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #109
pesto is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Re: Kinzville Park & Clubhouse down for Improvements

View Post Originally Posted by sillydaddy1
I agree. And if they think there has been an increase in zone traffic now, wait until Saturday, when everyone will not only be sitting around waiting for the ghost to arrive, but also logging on to get their Halloween "gift."

I see that they changed the WOW today. What was the rational for doing that when there were so many other things going on this week?

Whatever beta testing Ganz is doing is clearly insufficient.
pesto is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #110
Awesomeness

zappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clown

Hey everyone.
The Vacation Clubhouse still works
zappity is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
310wuzhere, clubhousebacktomorrow!, ohyeah!, redstar55wuzhere, smells like purple

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: