Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #191
e call it steampunk
Webkinz :)
WARRIOR-REDWALL has much to be proud ofWARRIOR-REDWALL has much to be proud ofWARRIOR-REDWALL has much to be proud ofWARRIOR-REDWALL has much to be proud ofWARRIOR-REDWALL has much to be proud of

Default Re: Kinzville Academy Classes are Now Free!

Yay! This is wonderful news! Now i can finally get my jump!
WARRIOR-REDWALL is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 04:25 PM   #192
hat? I'm a
Webkinz :)
 
ChristmasCheer's Avatar
ChristmasCheer is a jewel in the roughChristmasCheer is a jewel in the rough

Red face Re: Kinzville Academy Classes are Now Free!

On the bad side: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOT THE TUTOR BUTTON!

On the bright side: YES THE CLASSES ARE FREE!
ChristmasCheer is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #193
Webkinz :)
 
JustDance's Avatar
JustDance is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Kinzville Academy Classes are Now Free!

View Post Originally Posted by webkiner23
Sheesh. Yea.. that IS a ridiculous amount of time. LOL. I guess what it really says is that they need to fix some things!

First.. if the classes are so hard that you can't pass them without using the tutor.. then they have a problem.. because thats just dumb. That would mean that no one is actually going to take the class. So why even have it? Why not just say... "If you pay us 10,000 KC right now, you can just go ahead and graduate"

But.. on the other hand.. .people shouldn't be able to just use the tutor and never try the classes though. I'm sorry but the whole "its too boring" or "I don't have time" seems really NOT cool to me. Why should people get to compete at a higher level than us just because they decided to be lazy and cheat? While I put the effort in, and am bound to fail a class here or there, so will end up behind them, level-wise. I dunno.. maybe that sounds harsh.. but do you see where I'm coming from at least?

I don't envy Ganz right now. They tried to do something nice for us by taking off the payment for the classes, and instead they are probably being flooded with calls and messages today all about how aweful they are for taking away the tutor. haha.. sometimes.. ya just can't win.
I agree with you 100%.

I think people are upset about the wrong thing. Instead of complaining to Ganz about the fact that they're not able to cheat anymore (which is basically what the tutor button allowed you to do) they should be complaining about the difficulty of the classes themselves. Go to the root of the problem, ya know?

I've always felt that the tutor button allowed you to be lazy, which is why I rarely used it. My oldest pet has been going to the Academy for about a year, is in level 4, and has used the tutor button maybe 10 times, though I really don't think it's been that many. The few times I used it I felt like I had missed out on trying the class again and maybe, just maybe, figuring out a trick or an easier way to do it. That's a more satisfying feeling than just pressing a button.

And I have no sympathy for the people who think that the classes are boring... If you want to graduate, get over it and play some music in the background or something to keep you entertained. But don't think you can cheat just because you don't find it the most exciting.



View Post Originally Posted by Queen of Sheba
I'm glad they are free, however, I don't think it is realistic.

The one thing I like about WW is the educational value. I would have prefer a lower rate (25 KC) instead of totally free because I think that teaches children that some things in life cost money. Also, I think the tutor option should still be there (at a cost).

If WW is going to lower costs on things why not bring down the cost of clothing items? I think the clothes cost way too much.
Um... I think it's plenty realistic. How many cities do you know of that just have private schools and no public schools?
JustDance is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #194
 
AwesomeDude's Avatar
AwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forum
AwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forumAwesomeDude rocks the forum

Default Re: Kinzville Academy Classes are Now Free!

View Post Originally Posted by Ranger1985
It's very nice that they did this, just makes me upset over all the KC I put into it over the years.

I wish they'd put back the "tutor" option, too (even if I have to pay for it). I can't do the Agility Class without it and I'd rather poke myself with a sharp object than to sit through doing the Style Class for the first nine levels.
AwesomeDude is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #195
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)
 
SnowCrystal's Avatar
SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Kinzville Academy Classes are Now Free!

The tutor option has been available for the 3 years I have been on WW. It is not cheating, or they wouldn't have had it as an option. What the tutor option should have done, is actually help you through the class, step by step, and help you learn how to do the class. It should not have automatically done the class for you.

What I would have liked to see with the "tutor" is help getting through the higher levels of agility, by having the class be a little slower with arrows showing you when to jump and guidance on what speed you need to be jumping at. For the agility class, all pets don't jump the same. Bunnies and frogs (nature's natural jumpers!) are the hardest pets to pass. Lil' Kinz need to jump the red hurdles a lot sooner than regular Webkinz. If you master the agility class with one pet, then it will not necessarily be easy with a different pet. The easiest pets to get through agility (for me, anyway) are the flying and swimming pets (I judge the distance by the shadow under the pet). Most people need help because their programming doesn't run the same on all computers or for all pets. At higher levels of agility, your pet needs to jump at the right millisecond, or your pet runs into the hurdle!

I wish they would have a tutor option to teach you and I wish that we could get tutored multiple times a day (if we need the tutoring). Then, the tutored class wouldn't count toward your completed classes; it would just be a way to help you practice the class multiple times (at any level of the class). At the higher levels of agility, doing the class 1 time per day does not help you learn how to master the class very quickly! You could be failing for MONTHS before you pass 1 class!
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #196
Webkinz :)
 
JustDance's Avatar
JustDance is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Kinzville Academy Classes are Now Free!

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
The tutor option has been available for the 3 years I have been on WW. It is not cheating, or they wouldn't have had it as an option. What the tutor option should have done, is actually help you through the class, step by step, and help you learn how to do the class. It should not have automatically done the class for you.

What I would have liked to see with the "tutor" is help getting through the higher levels of agility, by having the class be a little slower with arrows showing you when to jump and guidance on what speed you need to be jumping at. For the agility class, all pets don't jump the same. Bunnies and frogs (nature's natural jumpers!) are the hardest pets to pass. Lil' Kinz need to jump the red hurdles a lot sooner than regular Webkinz. If you master the agility class with one pet, then it will not necessarily be easy with a different pet. The easiest pets to get through agility (for me, anyway) are the flying and swimming pets (I judge the distance by the shadow under the pet). Most people need help because their programming doesn't run the same on all computers or for all pets. At higher levels of agility, your pet needs to jump at the right millisecond, or your pet runs into the hurdle!

I wish they would have a tutor option to teach you and I wish that we could get tutored multiple times a day (if we need the tutoring). Then, the tutored class wouldn't count toward your completed classes; it would just be a way to help you practice the class multiple times (at any level of the class). At the higher levels of agility, doing the class 1 time per day does not help you learn how to master the class very quickly! You could be failing for MONTHS before you pass 1 class!

I do agree with you about the way that the tutoring should have been. It would be very helpful to have the chance to practice the classes before you took them officially.
I do have one question though: Why do you say that the tutor shouldn't have automatically done the class for you, if you don't think the tutor button was cheating?
JustDance is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #197
I ♥ Ice Fawns :)
Webkinz :)
 
wyn2005's Avatar
wyn2005 is just really nicewyn2005 is just really nice

Default Re: Kinzville Academy Classes are Now Free!

Awsome!!!!!! just, I wish the todur option would come back. I need it for agility....
wyn2005 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #198
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)
 
SnowCrystal's Avatar
SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Kinzville Academy Classes are Now Free!

View Post Originally Posted by JustDance

I do agree with you about the way that the tutoring should have been. It would be very helpful to have the chance to practice the classes before you took them officially.
I do have one question though: Why do you say that the tutor shouldn't have automatically done the class for you, if you don't think the tutor button was cheating?
Now we run into a moral dilemma....

In the real world, if a tutor did your work for you then it would be cheating! I would never hire a tutor in real life to do my work; only to teach me how to do it (if I needed the help).

Webkinz World offered the tutor option; but they didn't program it to be a true "tutor"; they programmed it to be a quick way to get your class completed without having to do any work (besides work in another way to get the 250 KinzCash in order to pay for the tutor).

I only said it wasn't cheating in Webkinz World, because Webkinz made it a choice (and they chose how the tutor was programmed--to do the class automatically). When I first used the tutor, I thought I would actually get help on how to do the class. I had no idea that the class would be done automatically for me, without showing me how it was done. The way they set it up should never have been called "tutor" (because that gives kids a misrepresentation of what a tutor actually is). Perhaps they should have called it "hire a smart kid to do the work for you!" LOL! I think morally, the way they had the tutor programmed was wrong and in a real-world application it would be considered a "cheat" (for example, if you were taking an on-line class for college and you were able to buy an application where it circumvented the college program in order to add a "tutor" button set up like the "tutor" in Webkinz World in order to complete your homework for the day---that would definitely be cheating if you used it). Since Webkinz World allowed it, then it wasn't cheating in Webkinz World!
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #199
Webkinz :)
momtotaryn is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Kinzville Academy Classes are Now Free!

I am glad that the classes are now free, but they should bring back the tutor option!
momtotaryn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #200
Webkinz :)
OhGal is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Kinzville Academy Classes are Now Free!

View Post Originally Posted by Ranger1985
It's very nice that they did this, just makes me upset over all the KC I put into it over the years.

I wish they'd put back the "tutor" option, too (even if I have to pay for it). I can't do the Agility Class without it and I'd rather poke myself with a sharp object than to sit through doing the Style Class for the first nine levels.
I completely agree on the tutor option. I want it back!
OhGal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
f l a m e d a n c e, pawsome thread! -luree, you are beautiful!

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts