Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #91
Gift Guru

tkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clowntkprit is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: KinzStyle Outlet Limits Quantities

PJs = Major. Fail.

The sales were great for getting us to buy and use wShop clothes, which was the point for moving the clothes out of the [perfectly fine] wShop and into PJs. PJ sales was almost like gardening: you might sell of a lot of it, but you'd keep a lot for pet food or recipes, thus play WW more. Win win, imo.

What they didn't anticipate was that so many people would try to buy thousands of an item, but if they had programmed it right, and the sale was limited to the hour in which the sale occured, we'd be limited to hundreds. The profits would be more on order of gardening profits.

And it's not a "cheat" to have more than one garden, is it? They WANT us to buy up yards and plant huge gardens and rake/harvest/sell those things every day. The difference is primarily that you have all day to garden, and only one hour (in theory) to shop the sale; the type of dedication it takes to do that SHOULD make shopping sales more profitable than gardening, at least by a little bit.

So in no way do I feel it was a cheat to use the system they built to get more people using wShop clothes. There's no way they didn't know people were selling back HUGE QUANTITIES of items to the wShop from day 1! There's no way Ganz didn't anticipate people making a profit, or they wouldn't have had sales for less than 50%. The problem was that they couldn't figure out how to limit the clothes to the hour in which they were being sold.

And now they're back to square one: how to get people to buy and use wShop clothes.
tkprit is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #92
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

Horses4Me defies all oddsHorses4Me defies all odds
Horses4Me defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by tkprit
PJs = Major. Fail.

The sales were great for getting us to buy and use wShop clothes, which was the point for moving the clothes out of the [perfectly fine] wShop and into PJs. PJ sales was almost like gardening: you might sell of a lot of it, but you'd keep a lot for pet food or recipes, thus play WW more. Win win, imo.

What they didn't anticipate was that so many people would try to buy thousands of an item, but if they had programmed it right, and the sale was limited to the hour in which the sale occured, we'd be limited to hundreds. The profits would be more on order of gardening profits.

And it's not a "cheat" to have more than one garden, is it? They WANT us to buy up yards and plant huge gardens and rake/harvest/sell those things every day. The difference is primarily that you have all day to garden, and only one hour (in theory) to shop the sale; the type of dedication it takes to do that SHOULD make shopping sales more profitable than gardening, at least by a little bit.

So in no way do I feel it was a cheat to use the system they built to get more people using wShop clothes. There's no way they didn't know people were selling back HUGE QUANTITIES of items to the wShop from day 1! There's no way Ganz didn't anticipate people making a profit, or they wouldn't have had sales for less than 50%. The problem was that they couldn't figure out how to limit the clothes to the hour in which they were being sold.

And now they're back to square one: how to get people to buy and use wShop clothes.
Very nice comments!

Limiting it to the hour would have been the PERFECT solution!!!

Thanks, Horses
Horses4Me is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #93
Will just remain
Gifted

Dutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forum
Dutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forumDutchmother rocks the forum

I disagree w/ the earlier statements that this should have been done. As good parents, we are 'supposed' to limit our children's time on the computer, or watching television, so w/ regard to Webkinz, my small children can't earn much in a limited amount of time. The furniture in the Wshop is OUTRAGEOUS compared to the amount of KC earned in games and daily activities, IMO, think about how long it would take to save up for a room theme! I think of games like Goober's Lab and Cash Cow, which only pay out a pittance of KC per level passed, those are just two examples. And I don't know about the rest of you, but I very seldom get ANYthing else BUT 20 KC on the wheel of wow. Better than gunk, yes, but still, it would take FOREVER to save up for an entire roomtheme, and FORGET trying to figure out clothing patterns, the clothes are expensive, too, and w/out an easy way to earn KC, what's the point?! We need a way to make KC easier, Quizzy's still takes forever, and limiting the qty. to 500 or the time to 1 hour (which should be easy- if you log on to an activity and try to do it once the hour has passed you get a message saying there is no event at that time, so they could make the KSO the same way) would not be that bad. I'm just sayin' it TOTALLY makes me irritated w/ Ganz, they are stingy and this was proof.
Dutchmother is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #94
God put on skin!
Gift Guru

Horses4Me defies all oddsHorses4Me defies all odds
Horses4Me defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by Dutchmother
I disagree w/ the earlier statements that this should have been done. As good parents, we are 'supposed' to limit our children's time on the computer, or watching television, so w/ regard to Webkinz, my small children can't earn much in a limited amount of time. The furniture in the Wshop is OUTRAGEOUS compared to the amount of KC earned in games and daily activities, IMO, think about how long it would take to save up for a room theme! I think of games like Goober's Lab and Cash Cow, which only pay out a pittance of KC per level passed, those are just two examples. And I don't know about the rest of you, but I very seldom get ANYthing else BUT 20 KC on the wheel of wow. Better than gunk, yes, but still, it would take FOREVER to save up for an entire roomtheme, and FORGET trying to figure out clothing patterns, the clothes are expensive, too, and w/out an easy way to earn KC, what's the point?! We need a way to make KC easier, Quizzy's still takes forever, and limiting the qty. to 500 or the time to 1 hour (which should be easy- if you log on to an activity and try to do it once the hour has passed you get a message saying there is no event at that time, so they could make the KSO the same way) would not be that bad. I'm just sayin' it TOTALLY makes me irritated w/ Ganz, they are stingy and this was proof.
Yes, and I'm fast at clicking! I was shocked the first time the buying opportunity didn't end at the end of the hour. I found out at 15 minutes before the end of the hour and was hurrying to buy as many as I could. Suddenly it was after the hour and I was still buying! I was puzzled.

I think the first step they could have made would be to limit our opportunity to only during the hour! That would not be upsetting but extremely reasonable.

Also, my brothers are much slower at clicking, so they would not be earning much anyway.
Besides, that younger kids get bored with it quickly.

I guess my final question is really does Ganz not want us to have the KC to buy the rares that are only on once every few months and available IF we just HAPPEN to be home then and not busy living life!!! What harm is there having KC to do the things we love to do on ?
Horses4Me is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #95
ishing ....
Gift Guru

Ranger1985 has disabled reputation

Talking Re: KinzStyle Outlet Limits Quantities

View Post Originally Posted by tkprit
PJs = Major. Fail.

All excellent and valid points! (Who has the time to do so much gardening that it becomes that profitable, anyway? Not counting what you have to feed your pet while gardening!)
According to my favorite Webkinz retailer, not so long ago Ganz was apparently in real financial trouble until Webkinz took off and totally bailed them out. So, given all the glitches that they could have worked on, why not let us have this one? Irritating and alienating customers is just bad business!
Ranger1985 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #96
Think Pink~
Gift Guru

alex1920 knows the way
alex1920 knows the wayalex1920 knows the way

I also think that of all things Ganz could have fixed, they "fix" what made us go on their site!

I wrote a letter to Ganz that went like this:
Spoiler: show
Well Ganz,

Once again I am disappointed. Of all the things you could have fixed, you chose to limit PJ sales. A lot of people had a lot of fun, yet you chose once again to fix the one good "glitch". I would have quit long ago if it wasn't for WI, and I know lots of others who would have,too. I am asking you, Ganz, to pay attention to us people, please!

Here are the things that need to be fixed (As I'm sure you are aware of most, so please fix them ASAP)

Blue boxes in our gardens from candy canes.
No vacation raffle prizes for 2 months.
The rain slows down our gardens.
Our silver key prizes aren't being awarded.(Which I have never experinced, because I have never won one, but that is a whole different complaint, BTW did you know I have been stuck on my last star for months now?)
the wishing well gives a blue screen.
Quizzy's blast logs you out.
There are too few snow white ads.

I could go on and on, but I am running out of space.
Please listen to us Ganz!

~Alex
alex1920 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #97
Webkinz :)

bamagal55 has a spectacular aura about

Donation Award 

Ganz (866) 932-5469 This is the number to call them directly and voice your complaints, which as stated before usually fall on deaf ears I called this afternoon and voiced my complaints and was told the reason it was stopped was because so many were buying up thousands and keeping them in their docks, having to call and get them unstuck and loosing what they had in their docks when Ganz had to wipe it out to be able to reopen it. This was making these people angry about loosing their items and they were complaining (thou doest protest too much), to which my reply was too bad for anyone who did not listen to the warnings which were being posted not to leave more than 1200 items in your dock when logging off .

She also stated they were not responsible for the delay or slowing down of the snow white ads so there was nothing they could do. She said she had noticed they were coming on more frequently at night to which I replied there is no way a child on a school night could stay up until midnight to go rock mining . It would be a little hard to explain to the teacher then next morning when they would be unable to stay awake for school .

So we all are being punished for the stupidity of others and their unwillingness to heed the warnings. I think they should limit the amount we can buy also instead of stopping it at one item. I told her that I have almost 200 pets now and most of my having to purchase so many was to make KC and I was tired of having to pay so many real green backs to be able to get on and play and for those who are in it like me I thought we deserved a little petting with a way to make KC without spending our hard earned cash especially now. There are very few items you can purchase under $10 and be able to get KC when entering the code.

I am glad we have saved their business and have bailed them out of their financial crisis but I think it is time we were thanked for our patronage and financing their stuffed animal empire!!!
bamagal55 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #98
virtualpawprints
Gifted

virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!virtualpawprint is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

I figured this was going to be the rule, so I never tried to buy more than one special at a time.
Thanks for the update!!!
virtualpawprint is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #99
Webkinz :)

ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

That's dumb
it was nice because you could buy a whole lot and sell them to make $$$$
ButterflyFlower is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #100
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

Aw barnacles... I wonder why? I also didn't know you could buy only one rare from the Curio Shop, LOL
MarielofRedwall is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, nouse4kinzstyleoutletnow, pointless :(, why ganz why?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: